VAMPIRES!

Lauren Mortal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Lauren Mortal said:

From what she told me when you are bitten once, your UUID is put into a database. You are now "Marked" for feeding. The longer the time since the last time you are fed on the more points a vampire will get if they manage to feed on you, and the points build up over time. Which basically means the more I avoid and try to stay away from them, the more they desperately want to get close to me for a bite because I'm a higher value target to them. Which is why I'm being harassed when I'm out shopping for clothing or furniture or whatever, which should be the last place you'd expect to be targeted by them.

The store owner apologized to me and did ban that person from the store, and rightfully so. I'm there to shop and spend L's and give them my business, I'm not there to deal with other avatars harassing and stalking me and involving me in something I don't want any part of. I'm sick and tired of needing a 6th sense every time I go out...

So, read the whole tread: solution of your problem, ask your friend to unmark you from the progency system. If she/he doesn't want to, remove your friend from your friend list and block her/him and contact the creator of that progency hud to remove you from their marked list. To be honest and frank, it's your friend that has brought you in this situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Hmmm, yeah, maybe she just means she's unwillingly a part of a group that is being targeted.

nobody is targeted. Progeny players are everywhere, and for many years.
They like to go to places where people come, it's simply their way to feed.
They don't harm you, they don't bother you in any way otherwise than be around.
Nobody gets ill or harmed, stalked or harrassed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

nobody is targeted. Progeny players are everywhere, and for many years.
They like to go to places where people come, it's simply their way to feed.
They don't harm you, they don't bother you in any way otherwise than be around.
Nobody gets ill or harmed, stalked or harrassed.

okay Mr Vampire, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lauren Mortal said:

okay Mr Vampire, thanks.

Get over it, delete that hud and live long and prosper.
NOBODY is harming you, but you'r ruining your own reputation. Calling out everyone that doesn't agree with you is childish and immature.

And yes i'm a vampire, but retired, and a total different system that dóes ask people upfront.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

While trying to figure out how the progeny system works, I saw there were multiple vampire based games in SL.  Who knows how many times we have been marked, bitten, and so on.  Apparently from what little I could find on this system, and tried to make sense of, your UUID is probably stored on a third party site with your health status.  When someone is wearing the HUD, if they see you have blood to give they can feed upon you.  If you haven't been entered into their system, they can easily just stand next to you and start feeding as well and then your status will be uploaded and updated to the system.  

Considering there are supposedly 8000 active progeny vampires, we probably have all been marked at one point or another, and probably all exist somewhere on their database with our health status.

As far as I know, the only information they have gathered is the UUID, everything else is generated on their side.  I would be more weary of the many bots out there scraping your profile and storing that data on third party sites, it is just the reality of being on SL, you are constantly being recorded by bots, by security devices, by games, etc.  Don't share your private information with anyone, don't share too much on your profile, there really is not much LL can do to prevent it other than make a few rules, but that will unlikely to occur considering how many security systems are reliant upon it, and gawdz knows what else.

Anyway, the forums are mostly just us residents chatting it up with one another, and having fun, it is very unlikely you will contact or even register on the radar of any moles or Lindens here, it is best to just file a ticket.  If you are trying to spread awareness against the vampire system, then this might be the place to do it, if you rile up enough people, but otherwise it is not likely to go away anytime soon.

I don't think they are actually stalking you, as in they know every location you are at, follow you around, etc.  I think the game simply requires these RPing vampires to feed or die, you are probably just another source of blood for their game that has no real interest to the players outside of a supply of food (as is every other resident in the game)

And no, I'm not a vampire.  I don't see the appeal of it.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Get over it, delete that hud and live long and prosper.
NOBODY is harming you, but you'r ruining your own reputation. Calling out everyone that doesn't agree with you is childish and immature.

And yes i'm a vampire, but retired, and a total different system that dóes ask people upfront.

My reputation? please stop with that manipulative behavior. You can't influence me with these kinds of threats. Because that's what it is.. I'm going to voice my opinion whether you like it or not and I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about me, so maybe YOU should GET OVER IT!

Edited by Lauren Mortal
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought that once you get added to one of the vampire RP databases, you're basically screwed unless you pay the vampire RP company to remove your name, or buy into their system of "wards"?

No, according to Mr retired Vampire all I have to do is delete my progeny detector HUD. Which is the HUD I have detached 99% of the time and only attach it when an avatar around me is acting suspiciously to confirm my suspicion.

They don't want you to know they are stalking you. That's why they are now telling me to remove the HUD, meanwhile telling me to shutup because my reputation depends on it! What a joke..

They don't seem to realize they are only exposing themselves even further.. which wasn't even the reason I made this thread. I'm just frustrated and needed to vent and I want LL to take notice. But now there's several vampires speaking up (ahem, I mean retired vampires) that are exposing themselves as the manipulative liars that they are.

Next he is going to ask me if I like cuddling and that he'd never feed on me. His vampire days are long behind him!

Edited by Lauren Mortal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

So, read the whole tread: solution of your problem, ask your friend to unmark you from the progency system. If she/he doesn't want to, remove your friend from your friend list and block her/him and contact the creator of that progency hud to remove you from their marked list. To be honest and frank, it's your friend that has brought you in this situation.

^^Exactly this.

..but Bloodlines.

@Lauren Mortal:
Please learn or attempt to not be so mean.

We are trying to help.

Your attitude is not helpful.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 8

27 minutes ago, Lauren Mortal said:

They don't seem to realize they are only exposing themselves even further..

I'm pretty sure they are as exposed as they want to be.  

Maybe go have a glass of wine (assuming you are 21+) and quit throwing a temper tantrum?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Back in 2009 when I first joined second life, I had someone ask to bite me from bloodline. They explained what it was. I let them because it wasn't a big deal to me. I had no interest in the whole vampire thing after that and forgot about it. Years later I had another from bloodlines approach me asking permission to bite since I was on their list. I did the whole garlic necklace thing since it really held no appeal to me. Not once did I ever feel I was being stalked. I just found it more of a nuisance that I easily fixed after doing some research.

Everyone here has offered advice and solutions to your issue.  You're right. You do have a right to feel how you will feel about your situation. Perhaps remember that others also have a right to have a differing opinion than yours, feel differently than you do and respond to your post on a public forum. It doesn't make people stalking vampires intent on seeking you out. It just means they have a differing outlook than your own and are attempting to help give you solutions. Even perhaps to move past your experience and empower yourself by listening to the suggestions provided. It is always nice to remember respect goes both ways.

Try contacting the creator of the progeny hud to see if they will remove your name from their database. That has been a great suggestion given in this thread. Also the old block option as well a great suggestion. Stepping away for awhile to also gather your thoughts yet another great suggestion. People really are trying to help you here so please realize that. Differring opinions doesn't mean not offering help. It just means we all think and react differently.

I really hope you can find a way to empower yourself so you're not so upset in future. Take care.

Edited to add: I do realize that the suggestions here may not be what you wish to hear. Stepping away from a situation to breathe for awhile when we are upset is some of the best unwanted advice at times though. It helps us come back with a more clear view of a situation that may be skewed when we are upset. Generalized you by the way.

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Back in 2009 when I first joined second life, I had someone ask to bite me from bloodline. They explained what it was. I let them because it wasn't a big deal to me. I had no interest in the whole vampire thing after that and forgot about it. Years later I had another from bloodlines approach me asking permission to bite since I was on their list. I did the whole garlic necklace thing since it really held no appeal to me. Not once did I ever feel I was being stalked. I just found it more of a nuisance that I easily fixed after doing some research.

Everyone here has offered advice and solutions to your issue.  You're right. You do have a right to feel how you will feel about your situation. Perhaps remember that others also have a right to have a differing opinion than yours, feel differently than you do and respond to your post on a public forum. It doesn't make people stalking vampires intent on seeking you out. It just means they have a differing outlook than your own and are attempting to help give you solutions. Even perhaps to move past your experience and empower yourself by listening to the suggestions provided. It is always nice to remember respect goes both ways.

Try contacting the creator of the progeny hud to see if they will remove your name from their database. That has been a great suggestion given in this thread. Also the old block option as well a great suggestion. Stepping away for awhile to also gather your thoughts yet another great suggestion. People really are trying to help you here so please realize that. Differring opinions doesn't mean not offering help. It just means we all think and react differently.

I really hope you can find a way to empower yourself so you're not so upset in future. Take care.

Edited to add: I do realize that the suggestions here may not be what you wish to hear. Stepping away from a situation to breathe for awhile when we are upset is some of the best unwanted advice at times though. It helps us come back with a more clear view of a situation that may be skewed when we are upset. Generalized you by the way.

Making sarcastic quips and mocking me while making vaguely helpful suggestions is not my idea of good advice.

The only advice that was even close to helpful was something about a garlic necklace, which doesn't even exist for Progeny. It's for BLOODLINES back in 2015! Excuse me for being mean, but I don't respond well to such blatant disrespect and the mockery I'm presented with in this forum. You are all either vampires, or you simply do not care about my concerns and just want to make a joke out of it for the attention.

I only wanted to go shopping in peace today. But I guess the real mistake I made was turning to this forum for any hopes of support. And I know I can forget about approaching LL for any help. I put in a support ticket a week ago concerning a billing issue and I'm still waiting for a response. I'm a paying premium member, by the way. I am starting to consider leaving SL entirely at this point. It is stressing me out.

Anyway, I'm done I'll see myself out.

Edited by Lauren Mortal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Lauren Mortal  Sorry about the state of the forums, you can't really expect help from this lot ever.  It's not a help forum lately.

Linden knows about all the types of vampires and they really don't care they won't do anything to stop these kind of games.  Lots of people have already made tickets and asked for help.  The only thing you can do is send the creator of the game a notecard and ask them to remove you from there game.   You will look like a dead vampire but at least people can't bite you.  I know this because i did this with the hunger vampire game.  Personally i think its disgusting like RL people stealing your energy without you knowing.  They also grief sims and knock them offline by going in the sky and making war, which damages peoples businesses.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, Lauren Mortal said:

I only wanted to go shopping in peace today.

Nothing, except your paranoia, will prevent you in doing so.

1 minute ago, Lauren Mortal said:

But I guess the real mistake I made was turning to this forum for any hopes of support.

Who told you this is LL support ? That is a seperate branch of LL and you should contact them not through here.

If you need support about 'fighting off' Progeny-vampires, I can tell you on forehand it's futile : it's part of roleplaying culture in SL.

If you don't want to be part of it, just don't respond to it.

Much ado about nothing really. Progeny vampires arrive at the new SL Welcome-hub all the time and it's agreed upon usually they are not allowed to linger at landingzones or 'bite' newcomers.

That's about all the 'protection' you will get.

• Like 3

1. I am not a vampire

2. I have never been a vampire

3. I don't know anyone else who is or has ever been a vampire

4. I still think you are over-reacting and if this situation is disturbing you to this degree, you would be much better off just taking a step back from SL at least for a while, until you are less stressed. 

5. You have been told how to resolve the situation. Choosing to refuse that advice starts to make you look like a troll who only wants to complain about something. Not saying you are a troll, only that the words you are writing here resemble, perhaps accidentally, the kinds of things a troll would say, if they were writing about the same topic.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Lauren Mortal said:

I only wanted to go shopping in peace today. But I guess the real mistake I made was turning to this forum for any hopes of support.

Actually you have been given a lot of helpful support here already. Top amongst them is to contact Progeny customer support and ask them to remove you from their database. Second is to blame that "friend" who put you on it in the first place. Third, is to stop wearing that hud (because that's how they can find you). Delete it from your inventory altogether.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Lauren Mortal said:

Making sarcastic quips and mocking me while making vaguely helpful suggestions is not my idea of good advice.

The only advice that was even close to helpful was something about a garlic necklace, which doesn't even exist for Progeny. It's for BLOODLINES back in 2015! Excuse me for being mean, but I don't respond well to such blatant disrespect and the mockery I'm presented with in this forum. You are all either vampires, or you simply do not care about my concerns and just want to make a joke out of it for the attention.

I only wanted to go shopping in peace today. But I guess the real mistake I made was turning to this forum for any hopes of support. And I know I can forget about approaching LL for any help. I put in a support ticket a week ago concerning a billing issue and I'm still waiting for a response. I'm a paying premium member, by the way. I am starting to consider leaving SL entirely at this point. It is stressing me out.

Anyway, I'm done I'll see myself out.

I'm not even going to respond to the strange accusations of everyone in the forums being a vampire. Just yea...

People have been offering you advice throughout the thread. They may have expressed they feel there is an overreaction and suggesting to take a step back, but there was still sound advice. All of it. You not getting the exact response or answer you want doesn't mean people are mocking or being mean. It just means you're not getting the exact feedback you want to get. Respect goes both ways. You cannot expect to receive what you've failed to give. That is simply my perception of course.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Lauren Mortal said:

you must be one of them yourself

Shhh! Don't mention... them! They are listening!

[Edit] This thread is some good Streisand Effect sh*t. I had never even heard of Progeny vampires before. (Not that I'm looking into it any further, of course.)

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
Added the Barbara thing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Linden really needs to remove the laughy face as people are using it to belittle and troll.  

No, they aren't belittling or trolling you.  I happened to put it on your post because most people on the forum are helpful so I found it funny. :) Laugh and the world laughs with you.

ETA: it's not too bright when you then go around adding confused and sad faces to my posts. Kinda makes your point useless right?

Edited by Sam Bellisserian
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.