Question about forum signatures

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 250 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

30 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Thanks.  I'd have thought that the general probition on political advertising in-world would also apply to advertising for an RL candidate at your RP Campaign Headquarters, but it's not up to me.  

I've made Governance aware of this thread and the questions it raises, and doubtless we'll have a response soon enough.

Maybe as long as it's not for a real world candidate?  Quartz Mole for President would be a good RP.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Oh, you meant roleplay politics!

(I see that a lot, confusion between roleplay and real world matters in SL.)

Actually, the campaign headquarters is RP,  but my support for the (RL) candidate is real.

But you could drop by and get a poster and a lawn sign.

I'd love to see them all over Bellissaria

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Thanks.  I'd have thought that the general probition on political advertising in-world would also apply to advertising for an RL candidate at your RP Campaign Headquarters, but it's not up to me.  

I've made Governance aware of this thread and the questions it raises, and doubtless we'll have a response soon enough.

The ban was specifically for using ad parcels to support RL candidates. Promoting a candidate at your own home was and is still permitted, as far as I know.

Thank you for your feedback.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line

• Moles
3 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Actually, the campaign headquarters is RP,  but my support for the (RL) candidate is real.

But you could drop by and get a poster and a lawn sign.

I'd love to see them all over Bellissaria

You will, I fear, be disappointed:   from the Bellisseria Covenant

*Activities and/or displaying items that could be construed by Linden Lab as political campaigning is not permitted in Bellisseria.

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

If this topic is not really about forum signatures but about advertising rp then I might as well remove my temporary signature, and go back to not seeing any. :/ 

it is about forum signatures, i asked if the signature could direct someone to my inworld advertising

51 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

A quick trip inworld (for those of you that still do such a thing) to take a shufti at the profile of Billy Bob there would have been enough of an answer. But of course pixels need to be exchanged. Or something. :)

thats Billi Jo, and people that have known me in here for a while know who the candidate is 😁

57 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

If this topic is not really about forum signatures but about advertising rp then I might as well remove my temporary signature, and go back to not seeing any. :/ 

19 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

it is about forum signatures, i asked if the signature could direct someone to my inworld advertising

Yes, but you then referred to inworld political activity and your support for a RL candidate, which appears to be the motivating factor in your topic.  I'm going to back out now as it's feeling rather too muddy for me.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Yes, but you then referred to inworld political activity and your support for a RL candidate, which appears to be the motivating factor in your topic.  I'm going to back out now as it's feeling rather too muddy for me.

the motivating factor was can i show support for a real world candidate in my signature. If no, can i direct people to an inworld campaign headquarters.

We are waiting for Mr Mole to get back to us on both options after consulting with governance. If the answers are no and no, i won’t do it, because i always play by the rules 😁

2 hours ago, Randall Ahren said:

Recommend to Governance that LL charge L$150 per week for a signature.

Inworld advertising (show in search) is a lot cheaper than that and way more effective than a signature, that most people have turned off anyhow.
When I have to pay for the signature, that option of turning it off should be gone as well.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Inworld advertising (show in search) is a lot cheaper than that and way more effective than a signature, that most people have turned off anyhow.
When I have to pay for the signature, that option of turning it off should be gone as well.

I swear you had one, and now it's gone! (I had to check and make sure I still have it turned on.)

18 minutes ago, Randall Ahren said:

Only for basic membership. Premium members should retain the ability to turn off signatures.

Premium members are my target group. They are the ones who live in Bellisseria.
Then I would not pay for a signature.

6 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

Which raises the question, under what category would you abuse report this?

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 250 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.