Question about forum signatures

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, PheebyKatz said:

Relevant question: does anyone think that if I made a coffee machine that you can stack multiple coffee pads in, would it be okay to advertise it in my signature, provided I included a model expressly made for inworld use, also?

I think that would be fine, unless you or the coffee machine were standing to be the next Pres of the USA

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

No but there are many website i use, like You tube, that are free if i watch ads or which I can pay to have ad free, eliminate the ads and the free access with ads option goes away.

True, I never pay to eliminate the ads either.

The only thing I pay for is Second Life. 😁

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

FWIW I still think it would be great if we could get an official ruling from @Quartz Mole on this.  We all think we know the answer but to have that set down means much more in my opinion.

Unless I lost track of threads, I am sure Quartz said earlier they will find out and get back to us..(I trust that they will).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Unless I lost track of threads, I am sure Quartz said earlier they will find out and get back to us..(I trust that they will).

Yes he did.  I posted hoping that Quartz doesn't see the OP's decision about their advertising and subsequence declaration about how the topic has run it's course as an indication that obtaining said information for us is no longer necessary.

I'd like to see it regardless.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Yes he did.  I posted hoping that Quartz doesn't see the OP's decision about their advertising and subsequence declaration about how the topic has run it's course as an indication that obtaining said information for us is no longer unnecessary.

I'd like to see it regardless.

Understood. Hopefully by tagging them, they see the reminder and we get an update sooner.

In one of my recent posts, I outlined a "chain" of logic why someone may think it is OK to do "thus-and-so" (Signature for Roleplay==> ==> ==> ==> RL Candidate), basically there I attempted to show how it is somewhat ludicrous. 

I personally hope that the Lab "Authorities" (Governance or whoever) see it the same way. And say, "NAY".

• Like 1

The answer is so obvious IMHO,  Quartz should not even have to bother.
No politics in the forum is part of the guidelines, that clearly means no politics in the signature too.
Why would there be another outcome?

Advertising ones store is the only mentioned exception for signature lines.
So what needs to be clarified?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

The answer is so obvious IMHO,  Quartz should not even have to bother.
No politics in the forum is part of the guidelines, that clearly means no politics in the signature too.
Why would there be another outcome?

Advertising ones store is the only mentioned exception for signature lines.
So what needs to be clarified?

I think there was a little "wiggling" where the OP may have suggested they were going to advertise their Store, which perhaps was going to sell "Roleplay" Political signs, that happened to reflect "Real Life" Political candidates..?

The "wiggling" threw people off a lot.

wiggle.gif

• Like 2

• Moles

@BilliJo Aldrin @Gabriele GravesI've checked and the answer is an emphatic "No" on mentioning any RL political candidates or their campaigns in Forum Sigs.  

However, mentioning your RP Campaign Headquarters in a sig is OK, so long as there's no indication in the sig of the RL candidate or cause you're campaigining for or against.

I hope that clarifies things for everyone.

• Thanks 16

6 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

@BilliJo Aldrin @Gabriele GravesI've checked and the answer is an emphatic "No" on mentioning any RL political candidates or their campaigns in Forum Sigs.  

However, mentioning your RP Campaign Headquarters in a sig is OK, so long as there's no indication in the sig of the RL candidate or cause you're campaigining for or against.

I hope that clarifies things for everyone.

Yes it does, thank you very much for finding out.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Sigs about golf, unless it's SL golf, are off-topic for SL forums.

gee... that means my SL butt and SL coffee cup are on topic and get the butt seal of approval! yay! If I weren't sneezing and it weren't daylight I could sleep easy now...

(And before anyone gets the bright idea to AR my sig, it has been so done and it is so still here so, try again with something else.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.