Introducing Senra Avatars... what do you think?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The first part of the video is for those just joining SL... then they talk about upgrading a classic system bod to Senra (nee NUX?).

One curious thing, the customization process does not explicity ask about gender/sex preferenece. Rather, it simply uses body shape and boyish/girlish naming.

Is this a hit or miss?

Oh... if you go to the Library folder in your Inventory (I am using Firestorm), you will find a new subfolder named Senra, which has subfolders for Blake and Jamie.

The blog post has the word "beta" in it but the youtube video  for Second Life University does not.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think they should release the dev kits for everyone to use, otherwise whats the point, all thats going to happen is the elitist clothes developers get the dev kits and the average person is left without, not at all rectifying any of the issues that these bodies were supposed to fix in regards to the body/clothing monopoly that currently exists in SL. And all of its associated nonsense that goes along with it. E.g certain companies requiring your RL identification to obtain their dev kit, others throwing temper tantrums over giving it out to anyone except their select special best friends.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

The first part of the video is for those just joining SL... then they talk about upgrading a classic system bod to Senra (nee NUX?).

One curious thing, the customization process does not explicity ask about gender/sex preferenece. Rather, it simply uses body shape and boyish/girlish naming.

Is this a hit or miss?

Oh... if you go to the Library folder in your Inventory (I am using Firestorm), you will find a new subfolder named Senra, which has subfolders for Blake and Jamie.

both names are very non genderish. I think I like that

• Like 3

I do agree with this. I have tried to learn blender.. It's hard for me as I have no previous exp. in modeling but I want to learn.  No one will give me permission even though Ive had a store for 16 years in SL.... but I do not make any mesh clothing I am denied.. I had hoped to be able to finally get something to work on and learn so I can make something then maybe move on to the big boys.  but .. nope. crushed dreams again.  (I have used MD)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Do we know that access to these is restricted? I was under the impression (and I may be wrong) that they'd be available to anyone.

It's a folder in your library .. I'm actually trying clothing right now from it's folder on a Signature body.

senra.png.3f581cac284b19bffc6d531fd8883ac0.png

It's seems to fit .. 😮

love_018.thumb.jpg.c64dc5e3cfe1124a6a69e6c6a653b93d.jpg

Edited by Ted McGregor
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ted McGregor said:

It's a folder in your library .. I'm actually trying clothing right now from it's folder on a Signature body.

It's seems to fit .. 😮

love_018.thumb.jpg.c64dc5e3cfe1124a6a69e6c6a653b93d.jpg

Yes, I actually have "Jamie" from when they "accidentally" released it a couple of weeks ago.

I was speaking specifically of the developer's kit. Who gets to make clothing for these?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I was speaking specifically of the developer's kit. Who gets to make clothing for these?

Anyone who applies using the application and agrees to all of the licensing terms. The discussion linked above was pruned quite a bit, so I'm not sure what's still there, but Patch has updated it since with new info (you do not need an existing store, though it's marked as required on the app - just select N/A, etc.).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Anyone who applies using the application and agrees to all of the licensing terms. The discussion linked above was pruned quite a bit, so I'm not sure what's still there, but Patch has updated it since with new info (you do not need an existing store, though it's marked as required on the app - just select N/A, etc.).

Then that's an entirely good thing!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You indeed already answered that yourself too. I think LL is poking for established clothing brands to get their avatars 'compliant' asap.

Not sure how this will pan out for the economy in body manufacturers. If these avatars can be made look as 'good' as any other brand of mesh avatar ....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Well...maybe? They still have to be accepted. No idea what the criteria for that is. 😄

Ok, maybe I misunderstood you? So, getting the dev kit is NOT as simple as applying and agreeing to all of the terms?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ted McGregor said:

If these avatars can be made look as 'good' as any other brand of mesh avatar ....

I don't think they are, although the bodies are really not bad. (The heads, on the other hand, have severe limitations.)

What will make a difference is the rigging: Maitreya is still by FAR the best supported brand of mesh body for women. If you want to be able to wear more than what's made available specifically for Senra bodies, you'll still need to upgrade (or spend a lot of time fiddling with alpha layers).

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.