Petitions, Letter of complaint

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure who the best contact Linden would be regarding community affairs and events, but if you were to collect a petition, it should probably be directed to them. Probably @Patch Linden? If there is an appropriate user group meeting, the topic could be brought up there too.

What would not be helpful for your cause, would be a petition on the forums, imo. If past experience is an indicator, threads discussing LGBTQ+ topics tend to get derailed by opponents of LGBTQ+ rights and then they get locked.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'm not sure who the best contact Linden would be regarding community affairs and events, but if you were to collect a petition, it should probably be directed to them. Probably @Patch Linden? If there is an appropriate user group meeting, the topic could be brought up there too.

What would not be helpful for your cause, would be a petition on the forums, imo. If past experience is an indicator, threads discussing LGBTQ+ topics tend to get derailed by opponents of LGBTQ+ rights and then they get locked.

If it is a petition, would that not need support from other SL Residents? How would Ezzie get that support, successfully, without using the Forums? Though, your point about LGBTQ+ topics getting derailed, is extremely valid.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Anthony McGregor said:

If it is a petition, would that not need support from other SL Residents? How would Ezzie get that support, successfully, without using the Forums? Though, your point about LGBTQ+ topics getting derailed, is extremely valid.

Maybe there is an online petition form?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ballparkdogg said:

I think the forums is someplace that this is for.  Not inworld collecting SL usernames for a petition.  Half of them might be alts.  

The forums here have only a small user base these days. I think that 99+% of the SL users never uses them.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

The forums here have only a small user base these days. I think that 99+% of the SL users never uses them.

I have noted in past though that in spite of not having many actual posters, stuff discussed here gets around pretty quick inworld. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ezzie Alpha said:

Can one create a petition or is there another way for linden labs to take a look at a specific issue affecting the LGBTQ+ Community and Pride

you could post it here if it's interesting for others to read, a Linden will notice fast when such things are discussed.

28 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I have noted in past though that in spite of not having many actual posters, stuff discussed here gets around pretty quick inworld. 

It depends on the subject I guess. If it really matters to a lot of people, the word spreads like a wildfire.

And there is always the possibility it is the other way around more often. Things are discussed in world and through that it lands here.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Little improvements as so often.
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you could post it here if it's interesting for others to read, a Linden will notice fast when such things are discussed.

Yup, but don't expect the Linden to react.
They often act like the three famous monkeys  🙉🙈🙊 on the forums.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Can you imagine what the forums would be like if everyone used them? A lot of us would quit the forums!

ETA: Yes, I know - that would be a paradox.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Gachas and bots.  Those are the only subjects recently that I heard any mention of inworld or elsewhere.

New updates to mesh bodies get mentioned inworld in groups, though not the NUX ones. Big name stores closing get mentioned too. Policies that only affect the forums don't.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

New updates to mesh bodies get mentioned inworld in groups, though not the NUX ones. Big name stores closing get mentioned too. Policies that only affect the forums don't.

I have 99% of group chat shut off so unless they send a notice, I don't hear any of that.  I usually hear about group chats/discord info on the forums.  

19 hours ago, Ezzie Alpha said:

Can one create a petition or is there another way for linden labs to take a look at a specific issue affecting the LGBTQ+ Community and Pride

Why can't a complaint be made to the proper Authorities? If it's serious enough then a petition is not needed.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Call or fax (do people still fax?)...

Funny you ask that. My cousin was cleaning junk out from a house and had her kids with. The kids wanted to play with "the funny machine", aka, fax machine. As most things do, it kept them occupied for all of about five seconds.  She went back the next day to get the rest all cleaned out and the damn thing scared the crap out of her when someone sent a fax to it. I don't think it was meant for that number, or why that number even still worked. I was lmao, she thought it was haunted and completely forgot her kids were playing with it the day before.  

I guess some people do still use them. What for, besides making a grown adult almost wet herself, who knows? Probably business crap, I imagine, lol. 

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.