LaraX?

Rowan Amore

6 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I've found that "LaraX" gets correct (if currently much fewer) results.

"Lara X" with the space gets literally Lara + X, hence everything with Lara and Belle Gen X, sadly.

And wow, the Lara Friends group is a very active place indeed. Apparently Addams is already updating some of their stuff.

She knows she will loose customers if she doesn't...  BUT, the question is and will be.. If she updates old items, will those be free or will we need to purchase. I assume we will. She wont do all that work for free!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It has more hang than it did before.. I thought they were gonna fix the butt where it meets the legs and smooth that out more.. plus the bottom of the cheeks look kind of flat..

The bewbs remind of me rocket bewbs that I've seen on other bodies..

This is what I'm getting from going from my 5.3 using the same shape and then putting on the larax..

I haven't shaped the body itself yet, but the butt was one thing I was looking forward to seeing losing that crunch.. it's just gonna do what it was doing before.. a ball rolling in a cup..

The one thing I was really excited hearing about  didn't happen.. hehehe

I'll shape it and see what happens I guess, just maybe this weekend..

Deformers help, The V includes some if you use it :) the butt rotate might fix your problem

• Like 2

Just now, AmeliaJ08 said:

Deformers help, The V includes some if you use it :) the butt rotate might fix your problem

Ya, I have that.. I got it just for the deformers in the hud.

I'm gonna mess with it..

I had a crappy day at work.. That's probably why I am being such a, wha wha baby tonight.. hehehe

I'll mess with it probably tomorrow night with a better attitude..

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

Who's the owner of that store? I can't find Failamon & Whai by that name on flick, MP, or anywhere??

image.png.e9d5b38c21a7db21af0a6026ac0e3841.png

Failamon and Whai were the "innovative new bodies" from Over-Priced-Feet Inc. 

After their first stab at commercial suicide saw their flagship female bodies drop from #3 place to about #20, they then launched new bodies with dreadful slider response and a weird UV layout, They didn't sell, got basically no support, and this second commercial suicide pretty much killed off Over-Priced-Feet Inc

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Failamon and Whai were the "innovative new bodies" from Over-Priced-Feet Inc. 

After their first stab at commercial suicide saw their flagship female bodies drop from #3 place to about #20, they then launched new bodies with dreadful slider response and a weird UV layout, They didn't sell, got basically no support, and this second commercial suicide pretty much killed off Over-Priced-Feet Inc

Overpriced feet? Stiletto Moody?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

She knows she will loose customers if she doesn't...  BUT, the question is and will be.. If she updates old items, will those be free or will we need to purchase. I assume we will. She wont do all that work for free!

the updated items are usually free, but they are more than likely gonna put something together to sell first I would think..

Honestly, I liked their older stuff more myself.. Nowadays a lot of their releases look too similar to a lot of the things they already have in the store..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

the updated items are usually free, but they are more than likely gonna put something together to sell first I would think..

Honestly, I liked their older stuff more myself.. Nowadays a lot of their releases look too similar to a lot of the things they already have in the store..

I thought it was just me who thought that. Whenever I get store credit now, I run right over to the Outlet. Some of those older outfits are super cute!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FelicityPage said:

Yeah, am late to the party.. question if anyone knows.. I have Maitreya 4.1 and went to the store for redelivery, but there was no option to get 5.3 only LaraX. So, I got LaraX but anyone know how I can also get 5.3?

Thanks so much!

A Lara V5.3 folder is sent to you by wearing the "LaraX Extras Unpacker HUD" found inside the LaraX folder, and clicking its "Original Lara" button.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

The big question is... does the vajajas work. (did I miss that post?)

No vajayjay, at least none built in.

If you use The V then nope, it doesn't work either. Needs an update since things are quite different down there :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

No vajayjay, at least none built in.

If you use The V then nope, it doesn't work either. Needs an update since things are quite different down there :)

I have not had an opportunity, lately ... to um... use one ... but I have hope in the future I might. lol

• Like 2

;)

24 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Oh, the Gigi Bodycon dress at the counter in the store that you get for free is updated to LaraX and LaraPetiteX. Beside that, au contrair someone said, the price of the body is still 2750 lindens.

It's not Black Friday yet.

Or, it may be a Christmas sale.

4 hours ago, FelicityPage said:

Yeah, am late to the party.. question if anyone knows.. I have Maitreya 4.1 and went to the store for redelivery, but there was no option to get 5.3 only LaraX. So, I got LaraX but anyone know how I can also get 5.3?

Thanks so much!

Have you unpacked the extras? In my folder, it is a Maitreya Mesh Body - LaraX Extras Unpacker HUD.

You can unpack the original Lara from it. It is Lara 5.3.

• Like 2

Well, I woke up to this!  Got my LaraX Petite, and I am totally underwhelmed.  I do not want a GenX THICK butt.  If I wanted a thick butt I'd have bought Slink Cinnamon.  The sad thing is all the designers who are saying that they will be only working on Twitter (formerly known as LaraX) from now on.  Sheesh.  Maybe it's time to make a male avi and go to Nille's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got mine yesterday and the mod for my missing arm doesn't fit. Not even close. So, until (or if) the creator of that mod releases one for LaraX, or someone new makes one, I won't be using it. I'm happy to stick with Reborn now.

I'll watch the creators of fantasy and historical costumes to see what bodies they eventually settle on, but I think any further change of body for me is going to be years ahead.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

Well, I woke up to this!  Got my LaraX Petite, and I am totally underwhelmed.  I do not want a GenX THICK butt.  If I wanted a thick butt I'd have bought Slink Cinnamon. 

This kind of echoes my sentiment. The shoulders to me seem like an improvement but the butt has turned comically large when compared to my overall physique. I'm not judging for those that prefer this, you do you - but to me this makes me rather uncomfortable for what is supposed to be an expression of myself.

I've then tried to adjust the shape and for some reason the slider for butt size seems to behave strangely around 30. If I go below 30, the waist becomes larger in the left <-> right direction and if I go above 30, it enlarges in the front <-> back direction. I'll give it another try some time, tweakt he shape more and maybe see if some deformers can "fix" the issue. Til then I've got my old 5.3 body and my legacy body.

Well, I think I managed to almost tame the butt. But after staring at the rear for so long I've started getting pretty peeved by the deep, meshed Venus dimples. Feels like something one could have achieved with a BOM layer rather than creating a light-catching pair of parabolas that stand out in almost every lighting setting I tried. Good thing I prefer high-waist trousers, I guess.

Snapshot-009.png

May have to keep tinkering with the sliders a bit more, but it's getting somewhere decent.

Snapshot-010.png

Managed to make the rear flatter without messing up the stomach too much. Even in this angle the Venus dimple glares.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Well, I think I managed to almost tame the butt. But after staring at the rear for so long I've started getting pretty peeved by the deep, meshed Venus dimples. Feels like something one could have achieved with a BOM layer rather than creating a light-catching pair of parabolas that stand out in almost every lighting setting I tried. Good thing I prefer high-waist trousers, I guess.

Change envirronment settings, I am using the Nam's Optimal Skin & Prim or the default one and those dimples aren't as profound as when I use the Midday setting.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Change envirronment settings, I am using the Nam's Optimal Skin & Prim or the default one and those dimples aren't as profound as when I use the Midday setting.

I'm .. Obviously not using Midday? Making the entirety of SL essentially full-bright isn't really a valid long-term solution though, is it? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1