LaraX?

Rowan Amore

18 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I don't think I've ever seen any stores drop Maitreya. Maybe I'm shopping in the wrong places though.

I saw several in the Engine Room without Maitreya - that was really sad because it is not the usual clothing. I like roleplay clothes and period clothes too, not just modern.

What really surprised me was that Maitreya wasn't in a nails pack I bought 2 weeks ago. I had shopped there before, so I did not demo. It had all sort of other hand fit, even Slink.

Well, it was a weekend offer, so not expensive. I have to watch out for packs without Maitreya now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I know of one store that did, then saw their sales figures slump, and un-dropped it months later.

I've noticed that too, mainly SINCE the initial announcement of "replacing Real-Lara 5.3 with Not-Lara-anymore 5.4". It's like sharks scenting blood in the water. "Drop Lara now ready for the whatever that thing is called launch".

But I heard that hands and feet will not change from Lara to LaraX, so why drop Maitreya in a pack with nails... but not all the other bodies? If it was only Legacy and Reborn they sold, I would guess that they had too many to rig for, and had to cut down because they were overworked.

It was Legacy, Reborn, the new Belleza, Slink, Kupra, and I think even another body, but not Maitreya.

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I saw several in the Engine Room without Maitreya - that was really sad because it is not the usual clothing. I like roleplay clothes and period clothes too, not just modern.

That's not unusual. Engine Room and some other events (Abnormality, CyberFair, Mainframe, etc.) occasionally have creators who do Legacy and/or Reborn exclusives. They don't typically carry Maitreya at all. Some of the smaller fantasy creators only create for one or two bodies, max. All of the fantasy stores I shop in carry sizes for about 2 - 4 bodies (occasionally Kupra makes an appearance), but finding a shop only catering to Legacy or Reborn is not too rare. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That's not unusual. Engine Room and some other events (Abnormality, CyberFair, Mainframe, etc.) occasionally have creators who do Legacy and/or Reborn exclusives. They don't typically carry Maitreya at all. Some of the smaller fantasy creators only create for one or two bodies, max. All of the fantasy stores I shop in carry sizes for about 2 - 4 bodies (occasionally Kupra makes an appearance), but finding a shop only catering to Legacy or Reborn is not too rare. 

Yup. I agree some of the specialty/theme stores might not work with Lara, but even there I've never had an issue finding cyberpunk or Neo-Asian styles ever.

I've yet to see any of the large, really well known mainstream stores drop Lara, and most of the really good smaller quality places haven't dropped Lara either.

Here I'm thinking of the dozens of shops like Ecru, Mimikri, Just Because, amias, Neve, Poison Rouge, NX, Riceielli, Seniha, 1313, ValentinaE, erratic, COCO, Belle Epoque, fashionably dead, Bauhaus, Dead Doll, Tres Blah, Giz Seorn, Glitzz, etc.

These are the kind of shops I hope pick up the Lara X thing and run hard with it. Happy to toss Lindens their way to update a Lara X wardrobe.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I am spending my money on victorian, steampunk, gothic gowns, coats, frocks, boleros and capes other places then. I have Legacy Perky... but the same stores that don't rig for Maitreya, didn't have that either, only Legacy.

Maybe I have to buy Reborn and try to slim those hips. Ha ha, not yet.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Yup. I agree some of the specialty/theme stores might not work with Lara, but even there I've never had an issue finding cyberpunk or Neo-Asian styles ever.

I've yet to see any of the large, really well known mainstream stores drop Lara, and most of the really good smaller quality places haven't dropped Lara either.

Here I'm thinking of the dozens of shops like Ecru, Mimikri, Just Because, amias, Neve, Poison Rouge, NX, Riceielli, Seniha, 1313, ValentinaE, erratic, COCO, fashionably dead, Bauhaus, Dead Doll, Tres Blah, Giz Seorn, Glitzz, etc.

These are the kind of shops I hope pick up the Lara X thing and run hard with it. Happy to toss Lindens their way to update a Lara X wardrobe.

Exactly. There are some creators, especially in the cyberpunk and techwear realm, who only want to rig for one or two bodies and don't feel a need to carry 9+ sizes (including all of our wonderful chest and thigh mods, lol) - understandably so! Even still - I have absolutely never had trouble finding any style, no matter how niche, that I've been looking for in Maitreya size. Never an issue. If I want to put together an afrofuturistic avatar, I've got places for that, even.

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am spending my money on victorian, steampunk, gothic gowns, coats, frocks, boleros and capes other places then. I have Legacy Perky... but the same stores that don't rig for Maitreya, didn't have that either, only Legacy.

Maybe I have to buy Reborn and try to slim those hips. Ha ha, not yet.

Yeah, the specialty versions of certain bodies (petite, perky, waifu, etc.) don't always get a whole lot of attention in the fantasy scene. Creators sometimes just pick a main body or two or three and leave it at that.

That said, I'd be shocked if you had trouble finding gowns, period fashion, and fantasy items in Maitreya. Just randomly off the top of my head - Web Dew, Silvery K, dM, Antaya, The Annex, Junebug, Belle Epoque, Son!a Edge, Irrisistible, Elegance Boutique, Hotdog, ContraptioN, Petrichor, AtaMe, Cureless/Moon Amore, Valentina E., Vulnus, Noble Creations, Azoury, toksik, Poison Rouge, on and on and on and on.

I never found Reborn to be a good investment for me, personally. There was ONE mod kit I found (for an adorable chicken avie, lol) rigged solely as a Reborn exclusive, but that's the first time I've seen that in the furry market. I have a far easier time shopping for Maitreya in that realm and there was no way I'd buy a body I don't particularly like (can never get a good shape I like with it) just for a single exclusive. On the other hand, Legacy exclusives seem more common overall, so that'd be a better way to go if you don't want to shop Maitreya.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

But I heard that hands and feet will not change from Lara to LaraX, so why drop Maitreya in a pack with nails... but not all the other bodies?

This has been a situation for a very long time. Granted most creators have seen the wisdom in creating nail appliers for Maitreya even though it has it's own unique UV for nails. As far as I know, all the other bodies use a standard UV with just one nail for all five nails on a hand. Maitreya is quite different in that case as each of the five nails on a hand has its own separate area of the UV map. That's why buying Omega appliers for Lara nails was always hit and miss situation. 

8 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

This has been a situation for a very long time. Granted most creators have seen the wisdom in creating nail appliers for Maitreya even though it has it's own unique UV for nails. As far as I know, all the other bodies use a standard UV with just one nail for all five nails on a hand. Maitreya is quite different in that case as each of the five nails on a hand has its own separate area of the UV map. That's why buying Omega appliers for Lara nails was always hit and miss situation. 

This was rigged nails, not appliers. I have bought several set of nails in that store before. I did not see that coming, that a store keep Slink and drop Maitreya.

Creators do their stuff, their business, their choice what to rig for. Not much more to say.

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

This was rigged nails, not appliers. I have bought several set of nails in that store before. I did not see that coming, that a store keep Slink and drop Maitreya.

Creators do their stuff, their business, their choice what to rig for. Not much more to say.

The rigged nails Debi uses also uses a HUD (appliers), which changes the appearance of the nails. Are you saying that you have to buy new mesh nails each time you want to change your polish at this shop? I've never seen it sold that way. 

Edited by Blush Bravin

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

The rigged nails Debi uses also uses a HUD (appliers), which changes the appearance of the nails. Are you saying that you have to buy new mesh nails each time you want to change your polish at this shop? I've never seen it sold that way. 

Ascendant sells nails and not appliers to their existing nails which is why I never purchased them.  Why they did it that way is beyond me.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Ascendant sells nails and not appliers to their existing nails which is why I never purchased them.  Why they did it that way is beyond me.  

Trying to go to sleep and it occurred to me that one really good reason to do it this way is that it would make saving outfits with themed nails easier. I do kind of hate having to save an outfit with an applier and then having to make a notation of some sort to identify which option from the applier HUD to use.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2023 at 12:36 AM, Blush Bravin said:

Trying to go to sleep and it occurred to me that one really good reason to do it this way is that it would make saving outfits with themed nails easier. I do kind of hate having to save an outfit with an applier and then having to make a notation of some sort to identify which option from the applier HUD to use.

When I have a complex outfit, I'll throw together a PNG file of a list of things I want to remember, like move lipstick slider to X, use Y applier, etc., smack it on a prim, then attach it as a hud.  It's helpful for those outfits... and I cannot imagine doing it on a daily basis because it would drive me utterly insane.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

When I have a complex outfit, I'll throw together a PNG file of a list of things I want to remember, like move lipstick slider to X, use Y applier, etc., smack it on a prim, then attach it as a hud.  It's helpful for those outfits... and I cannot imagine doing it on a daily basis because it would drive me utterly insane.

I sometimes put that stuff in the name of the outfit. I'll name it like..."black dress for Maitreya flat feet alpha 1" meaning the first button on the alpha HUD. Your prim idea is cool!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

I sometimes put that stuff in the name of the outfit. I'll name it like..."black dress for Maitreya flat feet alpha 1" meaning the first button on the alpha HUD. Your prim idea is cool!

Of course you could also use save sticks to save the alpha settings (as well as nails and foot-shape and such) with Maitreya. I've got a few outfits where I've made a save stick and keep it as part of the outfit, that way the HUD attaches when I put it on, I can load the settings and then immediately detach it when finished.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Orwar said:

Of course you could also use save sticks to save the alpha settings (as well as nails and foot-shape and such) with Maitreya. I've got a few outfits where I've made a save stick and keep it as part of the outfit, that way the HUD attaches when I put it on, I can load the settings and then immediately detach it when finished.

That's something I miss with my current Legacy default.  I am super stoked for this update... and hopeful :D

8 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

That's something I miss with my current Legacy default.  I am super stoked for this update... and hopeful :D

You may want to ask in the group if they are even going to have the save sticks with this new body.. I hope they will..

The Lara X isn't an update to the Lara 5.3 body, but a whole new body of it's own..

They are going to go from having one body with addons to four bodies now..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You may want to ask in the group if they are even going to have the save sticks with this new body.. I hope they will..

The Lara X isn't an update to the Lara 5.3 body, but a whole new body of it's own..

Yeah, I'm aware; I worded it poorly :) That'll teach me to post before drinking my coffee.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Wait, four? I recently scored the petite and flat chested addons. I thought those will be updated in Lara X... so I should get those for free too? Haven't dipped much into the Maitreya Discord lately. Ok, guess I'll have a look later!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

Wait, four? I recently scored the petite and flat chested addons. I thought those will be updated in Lara X... so I should get those for free too? Haven't dipped much into the Maitreya Discord lately. Ok, guess I'll have a look later!

The "update" to petite/flat that was talked about earlier in this thread was about them becoming part of the body itself, instead of a separate attachment you wear with the full body. Similar to Legacy / Legacy Petite. I dunno if that's still accurate or if it was just speculation, or how it would affect the prices of those addons.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

If you have the addons you'll be able to get the full bodies of those as well..

So if you have the flat and petite addons, you will get all four bodies at release time.. You may have to use the store redeliver for the flat and the petite bodies though , unless they have working redeliver on their huds..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

From Discord:

Gryphon | Maitreya — 07/29/2023 7:33 PM
Redelivering Lara will get you Lara 5 + Lara X
Redelivering Petite will get you Lara 5 Pettie and Lara X Petite (full body, not add-on)
Redelivering Flat will get you Lara 5 Flat and Lara X Flat (full body, not add-on)

but the Petite 5.3 and Flat 5.3 do not need add-ons, correct?

Gryphon | Maitreya — 07/29/2023 7:35 PM
right - it will beall one peice like when we added on the hands and feet

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1