Thoughts on the 2048s and my hopes and wishes.

Sparkely Sugar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love the new ranch theme, it makes me like I am in a cross of Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm and National Velvet with a touch of Stars Hollow in the region I am in. I took my Irish Cob and rode through the farm/ranch lands for a few hours the other night and loved it.  I do feel a few things are missing, I would love to see an old town country church, a country-style general store, a community farmers market, and a little country gazebo park here and there on Linden land. More waterways/features.

Please LL you know how we all love water add rivers more waterfalls and ponds. I saw 2 very cute bridges, consider adding some covered bridges. Bridges of Madison County anyone? Lol, I am full of nostalgia and movie references today, I will throw in Anne of Green Gables for good measure.  A few more trees and flowers, apple trees you could pick an apple from, berry bush anyone?

I feel this is a great start but I would really love to see it become a fuller more immersive experience, that encourages not only premium plus ownership but reasons for people to visit and participate in this area. Yes, I know as users we can create experiences too, but we can not on Linden-owned land, let's see that put to more use, and make it more interactive. Perhaps some games or activities for Linden prizes, that are not just the Halloween hunt, things to encourage activity year-round.

My other request is I am seeing that most of these regions are 15 or 20k what not bump them to 30k and give each parcel the option to buy a couple hundred more prims?

I beg, plead, and throw myself on your mercy please please make a new style of 2048 Victorians. It is my all-time favorite theme and the 2048s are much more suited to that theme because you really need the additional prims. Make our Victorian house dreams come true, I know I am not alone in this request.

Lastly, I think it would be interesting to combine some themes that complement each other in the same regions, it would be nice to see more variety in the regions so it is less cookie-cutter and a bit more realistic. I am sure have more things I would love to see, but this is a start.

• Like 14

31 minutes ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

[snip]

My other request is I am seeing that most of these regions are 15 or 20k what not bump them to 30k and give each parcel the option to buy a couple hundred more prims?

[snip]

29 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

A vote for older themes having the option to upgrade, even if it's the same 1024 plot with twice the prims. [snip]

Land Impact on regions doesn't work the way you both want it to work. A 1024 m parcel has a Land Impact of 351. A 2048 m parcel has a Land Impact of 703. The reason the Linden Houses and landscaping don't count against these limits is because they're anchored to the spaces in between the resident parcels.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Moles
6 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

they can change the prim bonus per parcel

No, we can't. Object bonus affects all parcels in the entire region. It cannot be localized to an individual parcel (assuming there is even enough LI that is not spoken for that could be allocated). Persephone is correct. Land Impact on regions doesn't work the way you want it to work.

Edit: If it did we probably would have offered it as a Premium Plus benefit ages ago.

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 9

2 hours ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

I love the new ranch theme, it makes me like I am in a cross of Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm and National Velvet with a touch of Stars Hollow in the region I am in. I took my Irish Cob and rode through the farm/ranch lands for a few hours the other night and loved it.  I do feel a few things are missing, I would love to see an old town country church, a country-style general store, a community farmers market, and a little country gazebo park here and there on Linden land. More waterways/features.

Please LL you know how we all love water add rivers more waterfalls and ponds. I saw 2 very cute bridges, consider adding some covered bridges. Bridges of Madison County anyone? Lol, I am full of nostalgia and movie references today, I will throw in Anne of Green Gables for good measure.  A few more trees and flowers, apple trees you could pick an apple from, berry bush anyone?

I like it the way it is, just small ponds, sparse landscaping.  It says RANCH to me, and what you seem to be after is more one of those cute little towns on the edge of farm country in Kansas, you know?  Little bridges, creeks winding through shady streets, apple trees.  That's a perfectly fine thing to do with your own parcel, but I'd rather the Linden landscaping stayed sparse.

I have hopes that once the holiday madness is over, some folks will take down their immense pools and random animesh globs and do something more creative.  If I had a ranch parcel, I would make the grass terrain a little less verdant and make a small Southwestern ranch.  Use the L-shaped home and build a colonnade, closing it in on 3 sides.  Make a poplar wind screen for the house, and put a big tree that grows in dry ground in the enclosed area.  Make that area seem like a shady oasis for the family, hopefully with a kitchen garden.  The rest of the property visibly dry.  Scrub grass.  Small corn field.  Tiny stable.  One cow chewing its cud with MAYBE a calf, a non-animesh draft horse, and a border collie wanderer.

I would put a tiny, mission-style church on the dirt road winding in from the property gate to the house.  If I had prims, I would put out a small farm stand.  Actually, I have almost all the stuff to build this out!  I just don't have the budget for a PP membership, lol!

OR

If you're in a hilly area, make a vineyard/family winery.  There was a great vineyard in The Grove.

OR 

Make a frontier preacher's property.  Make a large shed into a makeshift church, with an old piano.  Ragged clothes on the line.  Broken toys around a not particularly well-kept little house. Failed garden.  Old car.  Small graveyard behind the 'church'.  Religious signs on the fenceposts.

OR

Go upscale.  Get a shell for one of the bigger houses, spiff it up.  Formal landscaping.  Large paddock with props for dressage, nice stable with a couple of rideable Lipizzaners (they do exist in SL).  Put on shows!

There is a whole lot one could do with the theme just as it is.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Land Impact on regions doesn't work the way you both want it to work. A 1024 m parcel has a Land Impact of 351. A 2048 m parcel has a Land Impact of 703. The reason the Linden Houses and landscaping don't count against these limits is because they're anchored to the spaces in between the resident parcels.

That is simply not true, I have a double prim parcel on the mainland, so it is indeed possible. Would it require coding changes and some work on the billing system? Yes, it would but I simply do not believe it is impossible.

I am not saying it is an easy thing to do by any means, but it is something residents have been asking repeatedly for. As LL I would look at finding a way to do this, maybe the parcels come with a bonus built-in, and it is coded to be turned off if you are not paying for the dbl prim allowance. I have a double prim bonus in Horizons, and yes all the parcels are dbl prim, I have also seen I think 1.5 on a few other sims, I would need to go look again to be sure.

Regions used to be 16.5k then 20k and there is an option for 30k, which shows that there is a possibility for changes in the future, even if it is not possible under the current system

Edited by Sparkely Sugar
added information
  • Like 1

One thing to keep in mind is that we're in the initial clone wave at the moment. The clones aren't where the unique community areas will be. In themes where water isn't treated like roads, more water tends to come post-cloning, as rivers and coasts are put in. So you're likely to see some of what you'd like as they move to later stages. Areas get more unique stuff once they can slow down. (If you haven't visited Merrymount yet, that's a community area with games and prizes.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I like it the way it is, just small ponds, sparse landscaping.  It says RANCH to me, and what you seem to be after is more one of those cute little towns on the edge of farm country in Kansas, you know?  Little bridges, creeks winding through shady streets, apple trees.  That's a perfectly fine thing to do with your own parcel, but I'd rather the Linden landscaping stayed sparse.

I have hopes that once the holiday madness is over, some folks will take down their immense pools and random animesh globs and do something more creative.  If I had a ranch parcel, I would make the grass terrain a little less verdant and make a small Southwestern ranch.  Use the L-shaped home and build a colonnade, closing it in on 3 sides.  Make a poplar wind screen for the house, and put a big tree that grows in dry ground in the enclosed area.  Make that area seem like a shady oasis for the family, hopefully with a kitchen garden.  The rest of the property visibly dry.  Scrub grass.  Small corn field.  Tiny stable.  One cow chewing its cud with MAYBE a calf, a non-animesh draft horse, and a border collie wanderer.

Why not make the theme more diverse? Some regions could be labeled as Southwestern Ranch, others Country Ranch. I have a few friends that were expecting a sandy desert dude ranch and find this too green. I would have hated that, and would not have gone plus.

My point is that by varying things LL has a higher chance of converting and retaining people into a PP subscription which I assume would be one of their long-term goals. Make me love it, want it, something that I won't easily walk away from. 

The 2048s are not for everyone, some are happy with the smaller parcels, mainland, or other options. There is a segment of the SL population that really wants these.

Other than the prim allotment most of the things I have suggested are feasible, it just requires looking at how we maximize the options in each theme. How can adjust and alter this environment so there is less repetition but still give people the ranch/farm lifestyle they want?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

One thing to keep in mind is that we're in the initial clone wave at the moment. The clones aren't where the unique community areas will be. In themes where water isn't treated like roads, more water tends to come post-cloning, as rivers and coasts are put in. So you're likely to see some of what you'd like as they move to later stages. Areas get more unique stuff once they can slow down. (If you haven't visited Merrymount yet, that's a community area with games and prizes.)

I did not know that they would still add things like rivers, waterways, and bridges post-release. I have not seen that happen previously, I hope that is the case and look forward to seeing it develop. I will go visit Merrymount, it sounds like fun. I do know the big community areas are still to come, I was suggesting a few more builds/items to give the regions more character. Like we have the silos, grainery, etc. Just a little more detailing, I do think resident will create their own unique and interesting builds, and look forward to that.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

Why not make the theme more diverse? Some regions could be labeled as Southwestern Ranch, others Country Ranch. I have a few friends that were expecting a sandy desert dude ranch and find this too green. I would have hated that, and would not have gone plus.

My point is that by varying things LL has a higher chance of converting and retaining people into a PP subscription which I assume would be one of their long-term goals. Make me love it, want it, something that I won't easily walk away from. 

The 2048s are not for everyone, some are happy with the smaller parcels, mainland, or other options. There is a segment of the SL population that really wants these.

Other than the prim allotment most of the things I have suggested are feasible, it just requires looking at how we maximize the options in each theme. How can adjust and alter this environment so there is less repetition but still give people the ranch/farm lifestyle they want?

There will always be someone that doesn't like a theme when it comes out. I hate the fantasy regions and would never have a house there.  It's what LL have decided though on how to theme those regions.  I rolled every day for houses in the ranch theme and finally got something I like. I believe you even stopped by and said I had a lovely spot.  

You may not love it the way it is now but I sure do.  I don't want them to change it.  If they changed something that they've been working on for over a year for the good of a few people how cost effective would that be?   I don't think that having a more diverse "ranch" theme will contribute to the retention of people. 

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 5

Think these are Good ideas but begging  won't work your best  showing up to the meetings. You can give your suggestion in a firm way, show some pictures idea's and write it in a notecard as backup. They don't read all the forums some do so why it's good to  show up to the meetings.You can maybe put @ with thier name tho so they can see it.   It's a holiday. They have already worked hard, they are all on vacation and everyone deserves a break. They did a lot everything with SL20B.  Some things will pop on the 10th and after for more houses tho in time. 

sl calendar

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/embed?src=c_kphtklo9degke40dpk7nr6cclc@group.calendar.google.com

lindenoffice123.png.127864e795fb6c8132b9588e92547b04.pnghttp://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Linden Estate Services/163/127/39

secondlifeusers.png.a07894130bb7e2f47f23eff54daeceec.pnghttp://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Denby/215/27/22

Edited by BlueMoonLightz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, AlensaFlower said:

I seen some Newbrooke beach theme Wharf (42, 129, 33)

camp 1_001.png

Oooh. This might just tempt me into a Newbrooke... wonder how many tries it will take me to land one...  

• Like 4

On 7/4/2023 at 4:55 AM, Fay Starlight said:

I am begging with her for 2048 Victorians too.

🙏

I am lukewarm for the Ranch theme... I wished for the " Suburban/city ranch-style" not the "Literal Ranch". I will not post any more about it... Linden Homes has started to mean less for me, it is no big emotions for the new release, negative or positive.

I think my favorites are Victorians and Stilts.

IF I get a Ranch, I will treat it as a Victorian and decorate it as one. I don't hate the Ranch theme... it just does not set me in a jubilant mood.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

I, for one, am loving this ranch theme!  I'm born and raised in TN and spent many years in TX, and I have to say the Moles did a great job of capturing the whole rural (ranch/farm) concept. Walking around the ranch regions really gives me the whole vibe of the calm beauty of a country rural setting that I grew up with.  Many thanks and kudos from me to LL and Moles!

Edited by Thea Amethyst
edited for punctuation
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Oooh. This might just tempt me into a Newbrooke... wonder how many tries it will take me to land one...  

This shows that everyone's tastes are different and what one person may like others won't. I think the Newsbooks'  on the beach look out of place and it doesn't tempt me at all.  We all should remember that before we post everything we hate about a theme release 1 hour after it's released, especially since so much hard work has gone into it. 

• Like 10

I for one am loving the 'Ranch' theme.  I love the prairie-style windows, the trees used in the landscaping, the roads, and the soundscape.  The floorplans are varied.  Yeah.  I love it.

• Like 5

• Moles
On 7/4/2023 at 9:45 AM, AlensaFlower said:

I seen some Newbrooke beach theme Wharf (42, 129, 33)

camp 1_001.png

camp2_001.png

When we were building them we referred to them between ourselves as "Sandybrooke" in case you are looking for a non-official popular moniker. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

IF I get a Ranch, I will treat it as a Victorian and decorate it as one. I don't hate the Ranch theme... it just does not set me in a jubilant mood.

I think you would do a wonderful ranch, (however you style it), would love to see it!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I think you would do a wonderful ranch, (however you style it), would love to see it!

Thank you, but the cost is too high. I was very negative to Newbrooke but warmed up to it. Now it is another style I am not exited about, and I might like it better if I tried it out.

"I will try it a few months" if it was a Premium house, and not a Plus.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.