SL20B Speculation Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maybe maintenance fees for downtime?
Marketplace and SL are down for me at the moment..... lets say  495 each?

🙃

Downtime on Wednesday, maybe double the amount?
They do bring back nostalgic memories, right?

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

A free, open to all developers body, with no restrictions on who can develop for it. I think it's gonna be hella popular and beats paying thousands of Lindens to be locked into one single body, in the on going 3D mesh body monopoly, without spending thousands more.

If they come out with Bento Nux heads that would be even better. SL needs to return to the days when anyone can log in and just create for the "default" body without needing the super special permissions to use the super special developer packs, that in some cases, require your RL details to obtain.

I hope the Nux is finally released. ❤️ I doubt it will have any impact on old folks like me, even my alts have mesh bodies and a well-stocked inventory.

New people and new alts... they will like this. 

Mesh bodies in SL is expensive. A new, free body is just what SL need. 

• Like 5

On 6/20/2023 at 1:21 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

So far we got Motown!..

There's been so many changes and improvements lately (both "live" and "coming soon"), I will be surprised if there are more announced that we weren't told about. 

My guess is that some of those discussed will finally be "shown": NUX bodies, 2048 homes, PBJ graphics (or is it BLT?), Mobile viewer, etc.  That's still a LOT!

I missed that so far!

PBR!

Untitled.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I hope the Nux is finally released. ❤️ I doubt it will have any impact on old folks like me, even my alts have mesh bodies and a well-stocked inventory.

New people and new alts... they will like this. 

Mesh bodies in SL is expensive. A new, free body is just what SL need. 

I still say a brand new brand/store that offers a selection of well designed clothing for both male/female NUX and offers the full set of colours in every piece (like HH or Just Because) bought would make a killing.

Great opportunity for a few new stores to stand up and offer value beyond what some of the established brands who charge for each colour might be able to do.

If I had any skill in modeling that stuff I'd do it in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I've seen the new Welcome Hub, etc. described as the "New User Experience".

And, "NUX" apparently stands for.."New User Experience".

It could be just me, but I see this as "evidence" that the NUX body will be released as part of SL20B.

IMG_0730.gif

A while back I have heard of the "NUX" thing from a vendor that services our RL business. Nothing related to SL --- but that phrase has been used before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Happy 20th birthday!

image.png.75a8c8c9e151dfd39c83ce816ffb23cf.png

That was wild!

For a little bit you'd login into someone else's account! Friends, settings, transactions, all there avaliable for you to mess with.. you'd have to see it to believe it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2023 at 5:50 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

SL and Linden Labs biggest problem is that it isn't democratic and doesn't give it's users what they actually want, but instead only gives what LL's staff think what their users want. "Your World, Your Imagination" is their slogan.  But it isn't really, is it?

If they were telling the truth, the slogan would be "Your World, Your Imagination, but only within the limited constraints we give you."

When even the big kahuna Philip can't be arsed to let go of his 2003 avatar, how can we expect the upper echelons at LL to actually understand the 2023 world of SL?

My godz, they can't even replace the 20-year-old  built-in duckwalk.  I joined in 2008 and even then I knew the built in AO was prehistoric technology. They hang onto it like it's some cultural/historical touchstone for them.  Any newcomers to SL are likely coming from gaming worlds where human avatars walk like humans, and I can imagine many of them just say NOPE on that alone instead of hanging around long enough to find out where decent basic free AOs are.   If anything, the new mentors should be ready to hand out a newbie AO and tell them how to use it. 

It's the small things that count for user retention, and they really drop the ball on small things. 

Are the Nux avatars going to come with an updated AO or are they going to duckwalk like everyone else did at the beginning?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

If they were telling the truth, the slogan would be "Your World, Your Imagination, but only within the limited constraints we give you."

Yea, just like living within the law in RL.

When even the big kahuna Philip can't be arsed to let go of his 2003 avatar, how can we expect the upper echelons at LL to actually understand the 2023 world of SL?

I like Phillip's old avi. It reminds me of the old days. By the way, he did change it, but in a way that is reminiscent of the original. He's got a terrific new skin, eyes, and maybe a few more details. I was almost upset at the change, but he looks really good.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.