Calling this a Forum, is like Calling the Local Morning News Program, News

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/19/2023 at 1:59 AM, Sid Nagy said:

The next logical step for LL will be ditching the forums all together.
It is hardly worth the effort from a business point of view to keep this zoo open.
I mean, how many frequently active posters are there left?  50-ish at best IMHO. And for that they have to pay a few people to moderate it.
There is very little gain for LL left, to keep this part of their web community running.
I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement was made withing the next few years, that the forums go into read only mode as archive .

One case in which the forums are helpful is when SL is not letting people log in.

Otherwise, it might be a better use of resources to have an inworld help group for new users and the SL viewer.

Of course this would only be helpful if inworld groups actually worked right.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Moderation on the forums is truly in Linden Lab style.

It's not though, I wonder if LL knows what's going on here. Be a mole cheerleader or gtfo. LL was far more tolerant of any criticism from customers. 

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

What haven't I done? Such a public enemy. 

Blondes, I tell you. :) (Teasing.)

Yes to the below, can confirm.

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I've recently had posts removed which I'm sure were reported yet haven't received a message from a Mole.  

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I'm not discussing this any further if you don't mind. It is not worth a few days of vacation. But it is not the Moles IMHO.

Uh-oh, Sid changed his Profile picture.  THIS IS A BIG DEAL!

==> This is how we got the whole "Muppets Profile Pictures" thing!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

When's the last time a thread made it more than a few days in general?Guys. Ladies. Whatever. Come on. Stop reporting each other. And stop the passive aggressive thread making about each other under the guise of sanctimony. I would laugh because it's getting so ridiculous but I used to like coming here. I'm sure it's running new users off. 

• Like 3

On 6/8/2023 at 8:10 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

Well considering we mainly only remove or ban for crypto-spam, actual trolling, hate speech and deliberately trying to encourage people to break the tos, post copybotted content or sell hacked accounts. I'm not sure what kind of "lively discussions" you're hoping to have about SL that we wouldn't permit .. anyway .. The rest of reddit has all the forum you might need for ethically questionable debates that don't need be burdened by being about SL.

Or did I ban you already 😘

So many assumptions. This right here is why I don't use the SL subreddit moderated by you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

So many assumptions. This right here is why I don't use the SL subreddit moderated by you.

Unfortunately, it APPEARS that Coffee has actually left Forum. There was this thread..

Anyway, "sometimes they come back".  (Horror movie reference.)

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Unfortunately, it APPEARS that Coffee has actually left Forum. There was this thread..

I can't say I'm disappointed.  She was on a roll with the "this is everything wrong with SL" and it was getting a bit tiresome.  

Let's face it. Second Life isn't going to be the social network of the decade but I can't say that anything that goes wrong in SL affects me personally from having a good time.  There has been so much negativity on the forums lately that I wonder why people bother to continue with SL.  It's not like LL isn't doing anything to try and improve the platform.  With the new mobile version and continuing to release themes in Belli they are putting in an effort. I tend to think that if some of these "bugs" were fixable then they would be fixed.  What purpose would they have in not fixing it if it were possible? Complaining about the forum and then continuing to post in it is rather counterintuitive. If you don't agree with how it is moderated, then just leave.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I can't say I'm disappointed.  She was on a roll with the "this is everything wrong with SL" and it was getting a bit tiresome.  

Let's face it. Second Life isn't going to be the social network of the decade but I can't say that anything that goes wrong in SL affects me personally from having a good time.  There has been so much negativity on the forums lately that I wonder why people bother to continue with SL.  It's not like LL isn't doing anything to try and improve the platform.  With the new mobile version and continuing to release themes in Belli they are putting in an effort. I tend to think that if some of these "bugs" were fixable then they would be fixed.  What purpose would they have in not fixing it if it were possible? Complaining about the forum and then continuing to post in it is rather counterintuitive. If you don't agree with how it is moderated, then just leave.

I agree with everything you said!

I would like to add:

If LL chose to fix or change the things some people complain about, then something else wouldn't get fixed and people would complain about that. 

If the Forums were moderated in such a way that would please some people, those same people would still complain about Forum moderation.  I think some people would only be happy with Forum moderation if they themselves chose exactly which posts and threads were moderated, and how.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

some people would only be happy with Forum moderation if they themselves chose exactly which posts and threads were moderated, and how.

... and as it's Friday I would just like to say I agree with this. Hyenas need not apply. *chortles*

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

... and as it's Friday I would just like to say I agree with this. Hyenas need not apply. *chortles*

One comment on "Hyenas" - at least in "The Lion King", the Hyenas followed the Lions (presumably because they got the leftovers)!

Fun fact: in SL, "Hyena" Furries call themselves "Yeeners"!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:
12 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

haha "sometimes they come back"

but I like coffee despite our numerous disagreements, and I hope she returns

• Like 2

On 7/13/2023 at 5:33 PM, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Come on. Stop reporting each other.

I agree. I rarely report anyone unless they've gone absolutely berserk...like that bizarre griefer with his obscenities that was literally after one of the forum members.

11 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Hyenas

This is the first time I've visited the forum on my new Alienware PC....yayyyyy.   It was getting so hard to see weak people to devour on my tiny laptop screen, but now I can go full throttle.

Edited by Luna Bliss

23 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

This is the first time I've visited the forum on my new Alienware PC....yayyyyy.   It was getting so hard to see weak people to devour on my tiny laptop screen, but now I can go full throttle.

Stahhp!!! You're supposed to not be teh ebil!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.