Can I get my Linden home turned around

LilyOfTheNile

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 minutes ago, LilyOfTheNile said:

I am just wondering If i can get my linden home turned around,  The front door is in the river and the deck is near the road,,just seems so odd to place a house the wrong way around..

so I am wondering is there any way it can be turned.

Only some homes can be rotated. If that is an option for the home that you have, it will be one of the options in the Controller -- the item that rezzes the house for you.

Or since you are premium you could ask live chat if they would send a mole, the moles usually are very helpful if they can 😊 so maybe you are lucky, I once contacted the mole who was the owner of the LH on my RL friends parcel (she can only speak Japanese so I helped) and he came within 5 minutes and fixed the house for her and was uberly nice and careful 😊

Because when this house is rotated that wrongly maybe some mole wants to know because this sounds unattractive to any resident x3 and they probably would want to fix it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Without seeing what the problem is, I'm going to guess there is a path leading to the front door which is normal on homes that front on to water. In which case the homes rotation is correct 

As described in the OP, "The front door is in the river and the deck is near the road"  - I initially read "dock" instead of "deck" but I see what you mean. 

I still assume the other houses aren't like that.  If there's a road, you'd think the road would be the "front" of the house. And the deck would be in "back".  

But maybe not for the "river" homes.  How confusing!

If instead they really had said "dock", then it would actually make no sense at all for a "dock" to not be at the river side.

This is why I finally paged a Mole after reading other people's responses.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

As described in the OP, "The front door is in the river and the deck is near the road"  - I initially read "dock" instead of "deck" but I see what you mean. 

I still assume the other houses aren't like that.  If there's a road, you'd think the road would be the "front" of the house. And the deck would be in "back".  

But maybe not for the "river" homes.  How confusing!

If instead they really had said "dock", then it would actually make no sense at all for a "dock" to not be at the river side.

This is why I finally paged a Mole after reading other people's responses.

I didn't think they actually meant the door was in the water, I know with the trads there are plenty of homes by the river that front on to it with the deck/garden backing on to the road, another path or another house

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I didn't think they actually meant the door was in the water, I know with the trads there are plenty of homes by the river that front on to it with the deck/garden backing on to the road, another path or another house

I abandon such houses. It is even worse when a Stilt house has the large doors turned to another house, and the front door to open water.

And Log homes, 99% of them has the huge windows turned against the road, instead of to the scenery behind. I do not like to be exposed to all on the road, when I walk around in slippers and pj.

But well, it is what it is. Abandon and move on, if it is as you say, a pathway and the mailbox up to the front door.

• Like 4

I have found the houseboat rotation on square parcels to be challenging. It appears that all 8 houseboat designs are optimized for 16x64 parcels, that is, they have views and/or entrances that are convenient to the water. When put on a 32x32 parcel, the water view/access is typically compromised. For me, the Wallower works best on a 32x32 (and also well on a 16x64). Note also that all houseboats benefit from dock addons.

topaz wallower front.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 5

I went GoH hopping on a whim the other day, and landed what I think is a really great location. I love the Chalet landscaping but the houses aren't my cup of tea. So when I landed this houseboat in a Chalet themed region I was really happy. At first, I wasn't sure if I liked the square parcel; because, as many have said, they can be a challenge. But once I added an extended deck and pergola, I loved it. forum_001.jpg.fde4366a5029c3c704c780e301a20531.jpg

The paved beer garden across from the entry to my houseboat works out so well.

forum_003.jpg.fa0643d691ad91c78c9b7b63ce905a9a.jpg

With this particular houseboat model the windows are situated so I have a lovely view to the "front" of my parcel.

forum_002.jpg.227f22927e32de58436c353b5afa7fe3.jpg

It's going to be really hard to give up this spot when the premium plus homes get released. I might have to turn an alt premium again!

forum_004.jpg.87f999e9767163ec2d0d2e9cbe336d52.jpg

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 20

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 5:45 PM, diamond Marchant said:

I have found the houseboat rotation on square parcels to be challenging. It appears that all 8 houseboat designs are optimized for 16x64 parcels, that is, they have views and/or entrances that are convenient to the water. When put on a 32x32 parcel, the water view/access is typically compromised. For me, the Wallower works best on a 32x32 (and also well on a 16x64). Note also that all houseboats benefit from dock addons.

topaz wallower front.jpg

Not even the Wallower works on all the square parcels. I generally won't go for a 32 x 32 if I can't rez a Wallower, Evening Star, or Dock Holiday in a prefered orientation. I don't like my deck to face my neighbors' decks. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 10:53 PM, Blush Bravin said:

I went GoH hopping on a whim the other day, and landed what I think is a really great location. I love the Chalet landscaping but the houses aren't my cup of tea. So when I landed this houseboat in a Chalet themed region I was really happy. At first, I wasn't sure if I liked the square parcel; because, as many have said, they can be a challenge. But once I added an extended deck and pergola, I loved it. forum_001.jpg.fde4366a5029c3c704c780e301a20531.jpg

The paved beer garden across from the entry to my houseboat works out so well.

forum_003.jpg.fa0643d691ad91c78c9b7b63ce905a9a.jpg

With this particular houseboat model the windows are situated so I have a lovely view to the "front" of my parcel.

forum_002.jpg.227f22927e32de58436c353b5afa7fe3.jpg

It's going to be really hard to give up this spot when the premium plus homes get released. I might have to turn an alt premium again!

forum_004.jpg.87f999e9767163ec2d0d2e9cbe336d52.jpg

I love your subway tiles wish you sold it, LOL!

On 6/4/2023 at 6:01 PM, Marisa Starbrook said:

Not even the Wallower works on all the square parcels. I generally won't go for a 32 x 32 if I can't rez a Wallower, Evening Star, or Dock Holiday in a prefered orientation. I don't like my deck to face my neighbors' decks. 

I struck lucky with my latest one, which is a square.  With a Dock Holiday, the larger windows on the end and side face towards some nice Mole landscaping, the other side faces the water. Only the back end faces a neighbour's boat.  I like the Shore Thing too, but that one was the wrong way round for this parcel, with the big end window facing the neighbour.

M23_183.thumb.jpg.06a821a09d4ff0f586e22a37db559d76.jpg

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.