Family Nudism Locations on SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, as title says, there are family nudism parcels/regions on SL.

Many to access are group only where you have to pay to access as group's are not free.

Looking at map, they seem fairly populated..

How is stuff like this allowed on SL? And/or can they be reported? Or should I just go about and continue on my day?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eternal Lennie said:

Many to access are group only where you have to pay to access as group's are not free.

How is stuff like this allowed on SL? And/or can they be reported? Or should I just go about and continue on my day?

for people that can't seperate nudity with sexuality it indeed can be hard to think about it.
But try it .

Go on with your day,.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

"family" nude locations where avatars that look like "adults" and "children" wander about naked together, are we sure this is fine? ..  some guys on the forums are saying it's best to look the other way and that this isn't about sexualization .. fine. totally.

I'm sure it's fine.

ALL FINE.

100% FINE.

Lets check the wiki to see what policy might say ..

Child avatar nudity has been called into question as well. While no language specific to nudity was included in the initial policies, child avatar nudity of the genital or chest regions, including in otherwise non-sexual situations (skin vendors, for example) can be a violation. This also applies to parcel descriptions: nudity or "clothing optional" language can not be included in a parcel description on a kid-specific area.

source https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Child_Avatar

ns7EXfT.gif

Abuse report the group, abuse report the locations and walk away.

Let governance decide if everything is 100% FINE

Don't be temped to join and get evidence, that might end with your actual name on an actual list.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Go ahead and report the location to Linden Lab. It's under the Help -> Report Abuse. 

Disclaimer: The following statement reflects my neutral stance on a particular topic and should not be interpreted as agreement or disagreement with any views or opinions expressed. I neither endorse nor oppose any particular viewpoint or position and remain impartial. My goal is to provide unbiased information and promote healthy discussion and debate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Eternal Lennie said:

Your virtue signalling has been noted.

Now run along and continue with your day.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Eternal Lennie said:

Suggestion: Don't search for places that have questionable activities. If you happen to stumble on a place with questionable activities, you can always report it. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

"family" nude locations where avatars that look like "adults" and "children" wander about naked together, are we sure this is fine? ..  some guys on the forums are saying it's best to look the other way and that this isn't about sexualization .. fine. totally.

I'm sure it's fine.

ALL FINE.

100% FINE.

Lets check the wiki to see what policy might say ..

Bear in mind that something that is permitted within LL terms of service might be illegal to view in your own country.  

• Like 6

Also from the above cited wiki...(which is not the official wiki but resident written as noted by Torley Linden)

The only material in the Linden Labs Terms of Service pertaining to child avatars is found in section 6.3(viii) of the Terms of Service. This prohibits sexualized situations involving child avatars, also known as "*****." This is further detailed in the ***** Policy, found here: Linden Lab Official:Clarification of policy disallowing *****. At this time, there is no other content in the ToS pertaining to child avatars, such as prohibitions on general use, violent or graphic content, or language.

Although there is nothing specifically in any official LL policy, I always find it questionable when naked children are around primarily adult naked male avatars.  If naked children around adults were not allowed, several beaches that have been around for years would have already been shut down.  Most people know who these types of places attract.  Personally, it makes me cringe.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Policy, found here: Linden Lab Official:Clarification of policy disallowing *****

The link to the policy clarification was easy to find using Google, from the text Rowan provided, unfortunately the title contains the redacted word.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I always find it questionable when naked children are around primarily adult naked avatars. 

a few letter word deleted makes it more inclusive, as is a fashion hype these days
what if the person defines the gender as the opposite?.. or is that a wrong posiibility? Does that still make him a male, or she a woman.. or are they a they?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

a few letter word deleted makes it more inclusive, as is a fashion hype these days
what if the person defines the gender as the opposite?.. or is that a wrong posiibility? Does that still make him a male, or she a woman.. or are they a they?

The few times I visited these places out of curiosity, the avatars had male genitalia in plain view which is why I say adult male avatars and not simply adult males.  I have no idea what gender they are behind that male avatar or how they define themselves.  I can only go by what is seen.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Eternal Lennie said:

After this discovery, how does that make you feel about Linden Lab and Second Life?  Will you continue to monitor the area? Will that be your second life objective from now on? Was that your primary objective? Will you trust your abuse report will be taken seriously? What will you do if you feel your concern is not taken seriously? Will you learn not to care? Will you find other ways of being taken seriously? Will you be banned for expressing too much emotion? Will this knowledge totally destroy you? Will you try to destroy our world? If you feel no action is taken, then what? 

When I google how to handle this sort of situation, google appears to not take responsibility for underage related sexual content and passing the buck to governments to take their own action.

What do you propose?  Simply sending in Linden inspectors to get confirmation and offer solutions to the region owner. Warning this is not allowed. You are at risk of being banned. Please update your family definition to include family members must be in adult form and yada yada.

Or should Regions that are rated Adult have a convent that makes it clear the terms of service regarding this topic and *****.

Linden Lab and Second Life workers obviously know these types of areas exist. Are they part of the "family"? Yes, your eyes should twitch. 

Edited by benchthis
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, benchthis said:
13 hours ago, Eternal Lennie said:

After this discovery, how does that make you feel about Linden Lab and Second Life?  Will you continue to monitor the area? Will that be your second life objective from now on? Was that your primary objective? Will you trust your abuse report will be taken seriously? What will you do if you feel your concern is not taken seriously? Will you learn not to care? Will you find other ways of being taken seriously? Will you be banned for expressing too much emotion? Will this knowledge totally destroy you? Will you try to destroy our world? If you feel no action is taken, then what? 

When I google how to handle this sort of situation, google appears to not take responsibility for underage related sexual content and passing the buck to governments to take their own action.

What do you propose?  Simply sending in Linden inspectors to get confirmation and offer solutions to the region owner. Warning this is not allowed. You are at risk of being banned. Please update your family definition to include family members must be in adult form and yada yada.

Or should Regions that are rated Adult have a convent that makes it clear the terms of service regarding this topic and *****.

Linden Lab and Second Life workers obviously know these types of areas exist. Are they part of the "family"?

My concern is, if the OP is searching multiple "family nudism parcels/regions on SL", that there could be an unhealthy curiosity.

If you stumble upon one, fine. 

If you search for another to confirm they exist, fine. 

If you find yourself searching for, and possibly reporting, multiple places then..perhaps it's time to stop searching.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My concern is, if the OP is searching multiple "family nudism parcels/regions on SL", that there could be an unhealthy curiosity.

If you stumble upon one, fine. 

If you search for another to confirm they exist, fine. 

If you find yourself searching for, and possibly reporting, multiple places then..perhaps it's time to stop searching.

I can't speak for why the OP was searching. Wouldn't that be disturbing looking for family friendly places and discovering how friendly those places are? Common sense Lindens. 

Edited by benchthis
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, benchthis said:

I can't speak for why the OP was searching. Wouldn't that be disturbing looking for family friendly places and discovering how friendly those places are? Common sense Lindens. 

The maturity rating of the place could be an initial clue.  Probably, just search for "G" places.

• Like 4

The one 'family nudism beach' has been around since 2012.   It clearly states...

Family Beach! The original for over 10 years!
Perfect beach for kids, teens, family and friends. A nice place for party, hangout, dance, surf, paddle and live music! We have shops for  rent.
NO AGE.PLAY-NO SEXUAL BEHAVIOR

There is no adult furniture.  It's on a Moderate region.  Therefore, it's not against any LL ToS.   Unless you have substantiated proof that something is going on that would warrant an Abuse Report, LL won't do anything.  If your child/teen avatar is approached in IM for any adult type activities, that is reportable.  

The entire premise of it does make my skin crawl.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The one 'family nudism beach' has been around since 2012.   It clearly states...

Family Beach! The original for over 10 years!
Perfect beach for kids, teens, family and friends. A nice place for party, hangout, dance, surf, paddle and live music! We have shops for  rent.
NO AGE.PLAY-NO SEXUAL BEHAVIOR

There is no adult furniture.  It's on a Moderate region.  Therefore, it's not against any LL ToS.   Unless you have substantiated proof that something is going on that would warrant an Abuse Report, LL won't do anything.  If your child/teen avatar is approached in IM for any adult type activities, that is reportable.  

The entire premise of it does make my skin crawl.   

they don't have adult furniture to perform s#@ acts/animations with other users, they can use a wearable hud with adult animations. I've seen child avatars troll adult avatars with explicit animations 1 time in a public space.  I was on the ss galaxy once playing on the playground and literally saw a lady performing acts on a male avatar in front of me. I jira'd a suggestion to have a way to detect explicit animations in a G M area but don't think that was actionable. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This in itself is not possible.

If avatar skeleton is detected in a stationary position moving spine x-x or y-y or x-y or x y or z axis more than so many times a second transparency avatar and teleport avatar to an adult reeducation region; avatar would not be able to leave unless they complete objectives and agrees to not violate terms of service again. Something like this can totally be used for evil as well, like when one user agrees to let another user animate them (commonly used for dancing w friends) and then the animations start to get explicit.  A lot of thought would have to go into a system that protects users who do not wish to associate themselves with explicit adult situations. 

That was just a suggestion to a perpetual problem. 

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.