PPLH pipe dream?

Allyn Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Reminds me of the early days of Bellisseria when so many people were whining because they could get what they wanted immediately.  

In many ways we live in an 'instant gratification' and 'me, me, me' society - and that shows itself here quite often.

Could, or could not?

23 hours ago, benchthis said:

Even if PP+ starts as a simple park or garden we can gather and have it build around us that would give the area that spark back. vs releasing the PP+ hype for a week and gone. Anyone who witnessed the birth of bellisseria knows what the hype looked like for long time. It was magic, and then large areas, mostly finished started popping up, prefab areas, similar patters. 

I totally remember the excitement of those early days. Before the Trads were completely filled in and other themes introduced, I remember galloping my horse over the empty expanse of open plains and hills. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Now when I see back, I feel guilty about how negative I was. And I liked the Newbrooke houses much better when I tried them.

I think it was because I had waited for a modern theme so long. And it had been releases I absolutely didn't like before that. But I thought; "They can't make houses I like in every release. But I will love modern houses with big windows!"

So I was floating in to the demo, with butterflies around me and stars in my eyes. It would have been hard to meet my dream. And the more I saw, the more I found to dislike. It is like an avalanche, it starts with a tiny snowball and grows. I think the forum had many others who had waited for modern houses a long time, and we said many negative things.

The Newbrooke regions built now, is using any different trees and also plants and rocks. I think that is a big improvement. The demo region landscaping looked a bit bleak.

I was disappointed when it was no new Traditionals.Open floorplans and color walls was okay, but we knew they were coming. The new houseboats, that was a great thing. I lurked back into Premium to try a new boat. So it is score for LL, I have both a Premium boat and the place I rent. LL got my Premium fee, and I did not give up any other land for it.

I'm no angel. I freaked when I saw the victorian lod for the first time, at that time I did not realize I could slide the lod higher in settings, the victorian window frames from the sidewalk triangle out and they looked Tim Burtonish. I took it way too personally. I was the crazy one ranting and about quality, I did not know lod. Quality meant something totally different to me. I thought the linden quality was slipping. It was nothing they did wrong, it was my ignorance.  Quality bad and houses trash is hardly respectful feedback. 

Wonder why we get that way? I get that way. I'm learning not to be so harsh. We're coming off a few crazy years. I can sit here and literally cry about everything that has happened in the last 3 years but I will not, we're going to get through this. 

Edited by benchthis
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I totally remember the excitement of those early days. Before the Trads were completely filled in and other themes introduced, I remember galloping my horse over the empty expanse of open plains and hills. 

I was dressed up as a bum with a limp pushing a shopping cart, I think that was the pitty stage did that for a few days, was invited to the Bellisserian homeless group lol (just to be clear homelessness in real life is not funny). The anger stage I was on a bmx style bicycle riding around w 2 dollar hover text over me that would change colors, that was pretty fun. 

50 minutes ago, Moonstruck Mole said:

The Newbrooke regions all have the same trees, rocks, and plants as the demo region did. (With the exception of blended theme regions)

Some of the sandy Newbrooks have Stilt palm trees, which are way too yellow. But that is sort of giving them a fresh new look.

1 hour ago, Moonstruck Mole said:

The Newbrooke regions all have the same trees, rocks, and plants as the demo region did. (With the exception of blended theme regions)

Yes, blended landscaping. I saw some mix of houseboats and Newbrooke with it. Much better than the white rocks. I showed one of them to a friend who got a house next to the houseboats with the grey stones. "Oh good" I said. "It's not white rocks here". "What do you mean?" she said. "I saw some a few houses down, let me show you". We went there, and after a moment she said; "Is it rezzed? Is it supposed to look like that? It is like an oversized egg". 🤣

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

We went there, and after a moment she said; "Is it rezzed? Is it supposed to look like that? It is like an oversized egg". 🤣

D'oh!  You keep not liking things that are my favorite things!  I'm downsizing and don't have a Newbrooke, but if/when I do get one, I hope it DOES have white spheres around it.    Newbrookes lend themselves to midcentury modern furnishings, and I was thinking of using a sphere motif 😀  Right?  Think lava lamps. Actually, Finca started me thinking that way with their concrete lamps.

FINCA - concrete sphere lamp

Some ideas:

• Split a sphere in half as above and put little supports holding up the upper half.  You now have a space in the middle where you could put trailing plants.  Or an aquarium.  Or, with the halves far apart, a cushion where you can sit and the flat surface above you can be a lamp.
  • I would like to get a parcel near water, so that whenever someone walks by, my home sends a big white bouncing ball ala The Prisoner out over the water - SPOOKY

Prisoner.gif.28918a62a4ee793a95548a54488ad1a5.gif 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 3/15/2023 at 4:18 AM, Allyn Magic said:

I know Premium Plus land or whatever is supposed to be in-the-works, but I spent hours finding the perfect spot to concierge request and I love my neighborhood (Prospect Ridge). I just need more prims/li! For residents like me, would it not be a good idea just to use some of the empty homes as "shells" and give the prims to the current premium plus residents? There are several empty homes at 170li around me. Those lots could be made into little natural areas so the residents have more li to use. (That's probably a question for LDPW). On another note, if anyone is looking for an empty cute neighborhood - check out Prospect Ridge!

Please pardon my ignorance, but how does one tell which LH is empty, in order to make a request, and which is not?

21 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

I considered it, spent a lot of time analyzing the impact it would have on the greater land economy, which is something I have to account for in my wide purview of the entire grid.  We could flip a switch tomorrow and bring it out, but we're not going to because it will cause economic harm and destabilization in areas that I have to think about.

That's very understandable, I was only thinking of my unfinished bathroom 😂 but there's a lot that we can't see.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tomas McConaught said:

Please pardon my ignorance, but how does one tell which LH is empty, in order to make a request, and which is not?

If you "about land" on the lot, available lots will show as one of the Lindens, usually Governor Linden.

1 hour ago, Tomas McConaught said:

As Azure says, bonniebots may help but realize they are not updated in real time so there is no guarantee that a house that appears available on the map is still available.

You can monitor https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/444422-beautiful-abandons/ to see what people are saying is available.

You can find a region you like and monitor it. If you see a house with no furniture or other things rezzed, step in the parcel and check to see if it is Linden owned.

1 hour ago, diamond Marchant said:

You can find a region you like and monitor it. If you see a house with no furniture or other things rezzed, step in the parcel and check to see if it is Linden owned.

You don't actually have to go on a parcel to check if it is owned, or even click on the land to get the About Land dialog.  You can bring up the map and click on every parcel in a region you like.  The map will show the name of the parcel, and unowned parcels will be named either "Linden Home" or "Protected Land".  There are one or two people who purposely set the name of their parcel to "Linden Home", but that is very rare.  So, you don't have to even set foot in Belli to find out if a parcel you like is available.

Remember, in order for you to claim a home via your PP benefit, the region has to have been released - that is, the name of the region must not start with "SSP".

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

You don't actually have to go on a parcel to check if it is owned, or even click on the land to get the About Land dialog.

Great tip! The map you use is the World Map. Make sure you do a single left-click (at least in Firestorm). Double-click will teleport you.

Everyone has their preferences, but if I were doing this, I would TP to the region first to see where I would want to live if all were available, then I would use the World Map to check availibility.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:
On 3/16/2023 at 6:53 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Reminds me of the early days of Bellisseria when so many people were whining because they could get what they wanted immediately.  

In many ways we live in an 'instant gratification' and 'me, me, me' society - and that shows itself here quite often.

Could, or could not?

Good catch -- and I'm about 2 hrs too late to be able to go back and fix it.  I did mean "could NOT"

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 4:14 AM, Nika Talaj said:

It IS a shame that LL employees over the years have very often experienced critiques negatively.  Consider, however, that ideas and recommendations offered here are given by forum participants who manifestly love LL's product, most of us having spent years living in it. 

So it is equally a shame when critiques are not accepted in the spirit in which they are offered.  Part of that may be due to the medium - forums are a bit like txt interchanges, inflection is lost.  And what takes place between moles/Lindens and forumites is generally not true dialog -- there is rarely actual back-and-forth discussion.  Generally neither side has time for it! 

There has been a shift recently into stuff that people know is ridiculous and is not intended as a critique that could be acted on. There's a difference between "the door opens the wrong way now" and "let's burn down these useless themes, replace these house models because they're trash, and the water connection was a failure because my ocean liner doesn't fit."

It makes it hard to discuss issues that could be resolved, because it feels like piling on to say it after someone has just denounced the moles as failures. I also feel like I can't say nice things about my house and region, because it'd encourage another round of why the fantasy theme is responsible for everything that's ever gone wrong.

All I can hope is people settle down after they get their 2048 houses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

I also feel like I can't say nice things about my house and region, because it'd encourage another round of why the fantasy theme is responsible for everything that's ever gone wrong.

Is it possible that you're overreacting a bit?  After all, I seem to remember you getting praise here for your fantasy build during Halloween.  If you were to post your home in the Home & Garden thread, (if you haven't already), I bet you would get praise there.

I believe you're reacting to statements made in the Fantassaria Survey thread, which I think @Persephone Emerald started in good faith, looking to surface some pretty broadly held opinions.  There are pictures from 4 people's builds in that thread, and all got likes and praise. It was great to see demonstrations of successful builds; perhaps stimulated some ideas in readers.  None were dissed.  

Two people expressed a desire to use those regions for another purpose.  I don't think either seriously thought that could ever happen.  I think it was very kind & constructive of Patch to visit the thread to explain some of the thinking behind Belli's development.  And I think it was constructive to see the fulsome praise of Fantassaria that some residents posted in that thread ... right?  Praise for the theme was also in that thread.

What I saw in that thread was a constructive discourse. Yes, negative things were said, and a few over-the-top statements.  But sometimes critiques can be helpful for future planning.  I would not let other residents' opinions about a theme ruin your pleasure in it.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Imagine if disney+ released their service but only offered hulu because disney+ was not completely ready. They are always making the same mistakes and from what i'm seeing bleeding customers and the community is pretty much treated like the cast of the people under the stairs when we speak up. More and more companies are behaving this way, where the customer is always wrong. They do not even pretend to appreciate our contributions, they hate us. They hate what they do and it shows. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Is it possible that you're overreacting a bit?  After all, I seem to remember you getting praise here for your fantasy build during Halloween.  If you were to post your home in the Home & Garden thread, (if you haven't already), I bet you would get praise there.

I believe you're reacting to statements made in the Fantassaria Survey thread, which I think @Persephone Emerald started in good faith, looking to surface some pretty broadly held opinions.  There are pictures from 4 people's builds in that thread, and all got likes and praise. It was great to see demonstrations of successful builds; perhaps stimulated some ideas in readers.  None were dissed.  

Two people expressed a desire to use those regions for another purpose.  I don't think either seriously thought that could ever happen.  I think it was very kind & constructive of Patch to visit the thread to explain some of the thinking behind Belli's development.  And I think it was constructive to see the fulsome praise of Fantassaria that some residents posted in that thread ... right?  Praise for the theme was also in that thread.

What I saw in that thread was a constructive discourse. Yes, negative things were said, and a few over-the-top statements.  But sometimes critiques can be helpful for future planning.  I would not let other residents' opinions about a theme ruin your pleasure in it.

I've never said we should demolish any of the themes except the original Linden Homes - and even then I'd like to save some with the best examples of Mole creativity, such as the dragon cave. Fantassaria isn't my favorite, but I think more house textures and styles similar to some of the old homes could make it adorable.
Also, smaller mushrooms, but that's because I find the giant ones intimidating. 🙄🍄

I appreciate how much work the Moles put into creating our virtual world here. That's why I'm suggesting one relatively easy fix for the Fantassiara homes. Making new styles that have rounded walls would have to be difficult, but adding new textures for the houses seems pretty simple. Imagine gingerbread houses, moss and ivy covered cottages. If people can do this by adding shells, then why not with included textures?

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

Time can be found to create and promote a mobile app

I understand your frustration, but personally I doubt many of the same people are involved in Linden Home creation and mobile app design/ promotion.  Did you see Patch's offer to those who feel that they signed up for PP erroneously?

On 3/1/2023 at 2:31 PM, Patch Linden said:

I don't want anyone regretting or harboring remorse for having made a decision to sign up for Premium Plus.  If for any reason you do not feel you are getting the value out of the subscription, please contact support for a solution to your situation.

32 minutes ago, benchthis said:

To an outsider, it appears the pending release of the 2048 linden homes is a stunt to drive 1024 traffic to mainland at the expense of the linden home community. 

That would be nuts.  It seems to me that there has been some slowdown in all Linden Home activity since last fall ... it may even not have anything to do with Linden Homes themselves.  Perhaps critical staff illness, perhaps something budgetary, perhaps something in network management, maybe M&A issues ... could be anything.  LL is really not obligated to share their internal issues with us, tho disclosing a little more might make their lives easier lol. 

ETA: or maybe there's been no development slowdown at all, just a reprioritization.  Altho the Vic open plans and community center are coming much later than I at least thought they would, as is a PP reveal, I don't remember LL ever mentioning a large Houseboat/Newbrooke development along the connection to Satori.  It just happened.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.