Fashion Houses

psj321

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys! I'm kinda new here and I want to learn more about SL's fashion scene. What other fashion houses do we have here aside from House of Blueberry? Frankly that's the only one I know and would like to know if there are others. Thanks!

When you say Fashion Houses;  that sort of labels every well known popular store in SL.  Of which there are a few that are considered top.  But I feel I must point out that there are oh so many smaller stores, one person enterprises if you will, that never get any publicity or even mention because they are not BIG!  And that is  a shame as many are fabulous.  Just pretty much undiscovered perhaps due to lack of marketing, and hype.  I encourage you to check a few of those out.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, psj321 said:

Hey guys! I'm kinda new here and I want to learn more about SL's fashion scene. What other fashion houses do we have here aside from House of Blueberry? Frankly that's the only one I know and would like to know if there are others. Thanks!

I would have thought Blueberry is more of a "mall fashion" type store than a "fashion house". If you are looking for other huge stores with that style of clothing, you could check out Addams or Scandalize.

To get an idea of the overall fashion scene in SL, hit up the popular fashion events. You can find these advertised on Seraphim SL. https://www.seraphimsl.com/ Some of the big events to check out include Collabor88, Fameshed, Anthem, Level, Access, The Warehouse Sale and Uber. There are clothes in lots of different styles, you are sure to find something you like. Also advertised on Seraphim are smaller and more niche events. And every weekend, there are lots of sales with items ranging in price from 60 to 75 linden from big and small stores, so check Seraphim for those too.

• Like 4

On 3/3/2023 at 2:41 AM, psj321 said:

Which mesh body are you using?

A lot can factor on what mesh body brand and type you are using on how limited you will be, or how much more free the options will be  out there in the world..

some have much more content than the others and will show up in stores and outfits than others..

Make sure when you do buy something that it has the same brand and type of body that you have..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Make sure when you do buy something that it has the same brand and type of body that you have..

AND this is most important even if you think you know and trust a certain brand:  Always do a demo first just in case.  And if the seller does not provide a demo I would do a hard pass on the item.  I know this is likely known by those who would read this, but it does bear repeating, lest we get stung.

• Like 4

Yeah, Blueberry is more like the Gap or Old Navy of SL than the Gucci or Chanel. I'm really not enough of a fashionista to tell you where to find the latter, though I might start the search with Baiastice, Giz Seorn,  maybe ISON? Similar price point to Blueberry, but definitely more couture-ish in terms of branding:

51795143560_06066cc867_w.jpg52323319396_2696c9ea63_w.jpg51849822080_8051f0ba95_w.jpg

If this is what you meant (and even if it isn't) I second the suggestion to head for Seraphim. The more directional/editorial stuff will generally get an event release, and you can preview everything on their site lag-free.

• Like 3

On 3/3/2023 at 2:15 PM, Stephanie Misfit said:

I would have thought Blueberry is more of a "mall fashion" type store than a "fashion house".

The real life vogue magazine dubbed Blueberry as a fashion house. Blueberry changed their Flickr name to Wear Blueberry and all across their social media as well. There is a Vogue article about blueberry and the fashion model runway she had done with a well known real life fashion designer. He sent the files to her and she re-created his RL fashion into 3D mesh that was applied to SL bot avatars.

Most people, in SL,  will see Blueberry as a Brand and not a Fashion House regardless of what Vogue might say.  

A Fashion House is described as such...a company specializing in the design and sale of high-fashion clothing and accessories.   Blueberry, although a lovely brand, is not at all 'high-fashion'.   It's basically the things you'd buy at any low to mid-range department store in RL.    Think Walmart and Target.   High-fashion, to most, is out of the ordinary and unique.

• Like 4

I agree with the description of Blueberry as merely brand or fashion mall much like Gap or even Old Navy. Not to say that there aren't some nice things, but they are not what I'd call high fashion. There are lots in world at this level including Hilly Haalan (who offers the best value for L anywhere in SL), Just Because, and others. Then there are many clothing stores that offer specific styles such as Candy Kitten, Lunar, etc.

Then I find a few stores I'd describe as higher end as Ricielli, Giz Seorn, Ison, amias, neve.

For truly model type fashion stuff I've only found a few .... COCO (to some degree), Ecru, and Mimikri.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I agree with the description of Blueberry as merely brand or fashion mall much like Gap or even Old Navy. Not to say that there aren't some nice things, but they are not what I'd call high fashion. There are lots in world at this level including Hilly Haalan (who offers the best value for L anywhere in SL), Just Because, and others. Then there are many clothing stores that offer specific styles such as Candy Kitten, Lunar, etc.

Then I find a few stores I'd describe as higher end as Ricielli, Giz Seorn, Ison, amias, neve.

For truly model type fashion stuff I've only found a few .... COCO (to some degree), Ecru, and Mimikri.

I've loved COCO forever.  I'm happy she's started including Reborn sizing, too.  My only wish is that she'd use a HUD instead of packaging each color separately.  It's just a pain to have to open all those boxes and delete all the sizes and such per folder.  Not sure why she hasn't done that.

• Like 2

Oh wow, thank you all so much for your responses! These suggestions are definitely high-end fashion. In your opinion, which of these do you think of these fashion houses are moving the most money?

Honestly I can't think of any brand these days that I would consider a fashion house.  We DID have actual fashion houses with all sorts of creative designs, runway shows et all "back in the day (before mesh an honestly before sculpts LOL.    They of course didn't look as put together as some of the work does now, but for creativity and "look" they really had it going.  A couple of years ago someone put together and impressive runway show with designs (the models were bots ) .   It would be great if we could get BACK to those days but with updated styles in mesh. 

Looked it up. It was only a year ago. There was something odd about how they were trying to sell things though.  I can't really remember what the "issue" was or maybe they weren't trying to sell at all. My blog post doesn't say and I don't remember.  There was a video on this too if you want to look it up. As far as I know that brand didn't stick around.  

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2022/02/metaverse-fashion-show.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Honestly I can't think of any brand these days that I would consider a fashion house.  We DID have actual fashion houses with all sorts of creative designs, runway shows et all "back in the day (before mesh an honestly before sculpts LOL.    They of course didn't look as put together as some of the work does now, but for creativity and "look" they really had it going.  A couple of years ago someone put together and impressive runway show with designs (the models were bots ) .   It would be great if we could get BACK to those days but with updated styles in mesh. 

Looked it up. It was only a year ago. There was something odd about how they were trying to sell things though.  I can't really remember what the "issue" was or maybe they weren't trying to sell at all. My blog post doesn't say and I don't remember.  There was a video on this too if you want to look it up. As far as I know that brand didn't stick around.  

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2022/02/metaverse-fashion-show.html

I remember when those were big.. Even GOL got into those and partnered with Avenue I believe it was.. Bax Coen was having shows as well..

There was definitely more going on with fashion than nowadays.. Nowadays it feels more like fast food, rather than a well prepared meal.

A lot of things have been so watered down.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2023 at 9:58 PM, psj321 said:

Oh wow, thank you all so much for your responses! These suggestions are definitely high-end fashion. In your opinion, which of these do you think of these fashion houses are moving the most money?

Is the IRS checking up on SL creators? (jk)

On 3/5/2023 at 1:55 AM, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

The real life vogue magazine dubbed Blueberry as a fashion house. Blueberry changed their Flickr name to Wear Blueberry and all across their social media as well. There is a Vogue article about blueberry and the fashion model runway she had done with a well known real life fashion designer. He sent the files to her and she re-created his RL fashion into 3D mesh that was applied to SL bot avatars.

Yeah, I eventually found the article and it was the magazine who used the term House of Blueberry. For what it's worth, for the OP, pretty much nobody in SL uses the term "fashion house" for any of them. They'll just call it a store. But there are many! :) I agree with the suggestions to check out Seraphim and see who's showing items at events.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

For what it's worth, for the OP, pretty much nobody in SL uses the term "fashion house" for any of them.

Plus, instead of saying "moving money", we use terms like "selling"!

On 5/30/2023 at 1:29 AM, AzureWaves said:

Is the IRS checking up on SL creators? (jk)

Yeah, I wondered if they were looking for money launderers or an account to hack!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.