Fantassaria Survey?

Persephone Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

I remember when people were saying they wanted apartment buildings. "Oh yeah! That'd be so cool!" So we built some on April 1st.

The conversation usually went like....
Them: "Wow. This is so cool. I can see it from the next region."
Us: "Would you want to live in one?"
Them: "Oh god no."
😆

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

Were these apartments stacked atop of one another, so that people were living in the same parcel?   I never saw the April fools day apartments, but would love to see some sort of urban development that resembled a city,  apartments building living appeals to my taste as well as having a place downtown.  The way I envision such apartments would be more or less faux buildings with apartments set at various floors depending on what the premium member decided upon.  No sharing parcels, just an illusion of a thriving city where members had the option of living in an urban environment where there is no yard with the possible exception of having a roof to decorate.

Various themes could be used, such as slum cities, cyberpunk, whatever.  It would be a drastic departure from the existing themes, and I haven't a clue how well received it would be by most members.  

Sorry for going off topic, I just saw the thread mention apartments and I kind of went with it 😋

The April Fools Day apartments were not livable homes. They were a fun joke.

Thanks to the Moles for their sense of humor, patience with us residents, and all their efforts to make our Second Life more enjoyable.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

The thing everyone needs to keep in perspective is, empty homes/regions is not a sign of unpopularity.   We did big launches on those particular themes to propel INVENTORY.   When we pull the plug on the V1 Linden Homes, which is still coming and going to happen, we will need the home inventory to accommodate for the people who will eventually be displaced from those homes.  

I'm fully aware that people still have homes in the older Linden Home regions. One of my friends has a house there.

I worry how these folks will react when they're either informed that they have to move, are forcibly evicted to some newbie safe zone, or find themselves in a strange unfurnished house with all their furnishings coalesced in their Lost and Found folder. I think many of them either intend to hold on to the end or don't even come into SL enough to know that they'll need to move. I expect many will not renew their premium accounts if they find themselves forcibly evicted.

I hope LL will make their move as painless as possible. I think ensuring they have houses available in Bellesseria that look similar to the ones they have now would help. So, please make some Fantasseria homes that look like hobbit houses, wizard towers and tree stumps, and give those existing houses some more interesting exterior & interior textures. I can understand not having spaces for boats on the parcels, because folks might have modern sailboats sitting outside, just as some homes in the rest of Bellesseria have tanks and helicopters. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I've a couple of friends with first gen linden homes .. 

Me : You should get a new Linden home, you're paying for one and they are way nicer ... 

Them : I don't care, this is just where I AFK.

I kind of miss my old Parkside home, but I spend more time at the new mainland plot. Standing around and scripting.

• Like 2

I don't worry at all how folks will react when the time comes to move into a new Bellisseria home, if that's the place they elect to make their virtual home.  Logic dictates that if they are there every day in their original Linden Home, then they are well aware that the time draws near and they may begin to make preparations.  If they are hardly there at all and rarely log in, then they obviously do not miss the place enough to worry about it that much.  It is not really worth worrying about.  It will be a thing that happens when the time comes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I hope LL will make their move as painless as possible.

They could start assigning the modern 512 homes to them. I'd freak less logging for first time to see that vs a camper (although I have a camper fan (not a fan of the 512 parcel spaces w campers). The moderns have more of that v1 home feel. 

Are they going to return each belonging one by one. I know when I rented before, I was not allowed to return all the included furnishings in one go, had to be one by one so the pieces each had their names and not grouped with other objects, impossible to tell what each object in a taken group of objects is unless they are rezzed in world in one go and then split up. 

Not sure when the grandfathered rate is good for and what type of homes will be offered to the v1. I have feeling after premium plus homes are offered going to be a bunch of space for the v1s. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I've a couple of friends with first gen linden homes .. 

Me : You should get a new Linden home, you're paying for one and they are way nicer ... 

Them : I don't care, this is just where I AFK.

That's pretty much what my friend says too. At one point he donated his extra 512m to someone with group land. He has a few pieces of furniture in his Meadowbrook home, but mostly he just stands there and chats or is playing a real game while his SL window is open.  He made a skybox house with an airplane hanger in it once, so I think he'll probably end up in a 512m Newbrook with access to a water or flying rez zone, so he can fly a small plane if he wishes.

• Like 1

Our group essentially has an entire neighbor sim we got together with some still coming.

homes are not the problem, shells extend abilities.  but some of the land is a ittle to same colored and bland. However ancient moles work on the palace is well done and we make good use of it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

They wanted posh brownstones, not Linden public housing development.

It wasn't even that. It was more like the outskirts of a semi-abandoned Siberian oblast. 😁

Personally, I have lived in every theme at least once and Fantasy is in my top 3 favourites (along with Trads and Sakuras) If When I return to Bellisseria, it will likely be Fantasy that I return to first. I kinda want to stay a whole year, so I can see all the changing seasons.

I do think that the majority of the houses are too big though. They are hard to furnish within the LI allowance, and there isn't much fantasy furniture/decor available for sale. I got around the last issue by using mostly traditional/non-fantasy furniture.  

52351252094_9d1e28aaa7_b.jpg

52351353490_a5057c5324_b.jpg

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I worry how these folks will react when they're either informed that they have to move, are forcibly evicted to some newbie safe zone, or find themselves in a strange unfurnished house with all their furnishings coalesced in their Lost and Found folder. I think many of them either intend to hold on to the end or don't even come into SL enough to know that they'll need to move. I expect many will not renew their premium accounts if they find themselves forcibly evicted.

I suppose it all depends on how it is approached, no matter what there are going to be some people who have an attachment to their old homes, some will find Bellisseria to not be a good fit and may experience lag they don't appreciate, they will not like the rules set for the land such as no zero second orbs or ability to put up the yellow bars of doom.  They will be upset that they no longer have access to those features, unless they purchase a parcel on the mainland, and then may be upset that they no longer can have a house that doesn't count against their property Li allowance.  

I imagine it will probably be done in sections at a time, to give residents time to adjust and spare LL from 15,000 people overwhelming their services at once.  So I doubt there is going to be very much in the way of protest, probably a little complaining, some might drop their premium in the process but who knows?  If it is all shutdown at once though, I could see a movement grow from it, people flooding the forums in way of protest, that would be my guess not that I actually know what would happen or how best to approach it.  

• Like 2

Fantasy and Sakura are my top favorites due to being the most interestingly designed. Though I do wish the buildings matched better with the landscape in fantasy. The houses feel too much like the rest of Beli houses design-wise.

Edited by Robin Kiyori
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Istelathis said:

not that I actually know what would happen or how best to approach it.  

Right, none of us do.  We only know a few things about the putative closing of v1 LH regions.

• Patch has said it will happen
  • He has never given a time frame
  • LL has data on usage patterns etc. that we have absolutely no clue about
  • LL has thought a lot more about this than we have

All that said, if I'm still around when this happens, I'll be interested to see what perqs LL might offer to entice v1 LH residents to voluntarily pack up their toys and move. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Right, none of us do.  We only know a few things about the putative closing of v1 LH regions.

• Patch has said it will happen
  • He has never given a time frame
  • LL has data on usage patterns etc. that we have absolutely no clue about
  • LL has thought a lot more about this than we have

All that said, if I'm still around when this happens, I'll be interested to see what perqs LL might offer to entice v1 LH residents to voluntarily pack up their toys and move. 

Great idea about luring them away. Be cute for moles to put a bunch of Molehaul moving trucks around with advertisements on the side with photo slides of the new world or moles in black ufos white vans. Two moles and a truck! Wonders if roleplay protesting would be allowed. Hate to get banned again. 

Edited by benchthis
  • Haha 4

Why bother luring them away or offering incentives? Businesses shut things down without notices all the time. If LL wanted to be super nice, they could offer them a one-time ticket to any available Linden Home of they respond by x date. If not, they could just email an announcement and if the resident doesn't take any action to move on their own, then they probably don't care or they died IRL.

12 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

Why bother luring them away or offering incentives? Businesses shut things down without notices all the time. If LL wanted to be super nice, they could offer them a one-time ticket to any available Linden Home of they respond by x date. If not, they could just email an announcement and if the resident doesn't take any action to move on their own, then they probably don't care or they died IRL.

Clearing each region one by one would be the way to go; preserve content as it goes. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I imagine it will probably be done in sections at a time, to give residents time to adjust and spare LL from 15,000 people overwhelming their services at once.

Finance will need more resources for all the adjustments that's for sure. Do it right the first time would be my first choice. I had to work with a co once who was sued for a billing goof that turned into a bigger discovery of past accounts no longer living that needed to be researched and refunded would go that route personally it's worth the extra time and effort and with the right person minimal team needed. Simple to research how long not in world and go back. Pulling the plug in one go with an auto generated email is most optimal with auto return for objects. If they are in world that long they will figure out where to put their adult bed and piece of art lol. chants~~ Pull the plug! pull the plug!  

I still think historical orgs should get to do their thing before it's gone forever.

Edit: Can't really mail refund checks in this situation. I would credit each account linden currency for the accounts in death question. If they log in and spend it they are alive and no refund. the refund gets refunded to LL. Say the executor of an estate receives a hypothetical email sent by LL advising of refund via Linden Credits the person representing the dead should have option to provide proof of death and mailing address for USD refund if requested.

Edited by benchthis

2 hours ago, benchthis said:

Finance will need more resources for all the adjustments that's for sure. Do it right the first time would be my first choice. I had to work with a co once who was sued for a billing goof that turned into a bigger discovery of past accounts no longer living that needed to be researched and refunded would go that route personally it's worth the extra time and effort and with the right person minimal team needed. Simple to research how long not in world and go back. Pulling the plug in one go with an auto generated email is most optimal with auto return for objects. If they are in world that long they will figure out where to put their adult bed and piece of art lol. chants~~ Pull the plug! pull the plug!  

I still think historical orgs should get to do their thing before it's gone forever.

Edit: Can't really mail refund checks in this situation. I would credit each account linden currency for the accounts in death question. If they log in and spend it they are alive and no refund. the refund gets refunded to LL. Say the executor of an estate receives a hypothetical email sent by LL advising of refund via Linden Credits the person representing the dead should have option to provide proof of death and mailing address for USD refund if requested.

Nah. Much easier to just let the dead deal with it themselves.

Financial Horror Stories: Need to Learn From Mistakes - Finance Buddha ...

• Like 1

I'm so sad the fantasy land is not getting the love it deserves.  It's one of my personal favorites - but then again, I used to make petite fantasy stuff so no surprise! lol. (petite O.O - Yes, I'm dating myself)

I agree the size of the homes and the cement textures and colors do not do it justice.  I spruced it up with a brick shell, some indoor vegetation and my friend (who is a shopaholic) cozied it up.  

Honestly, my favorite part is midnight sailing with my NO fishing rod - it's so ethereal and magical.  Big boats won't work here so I set up a free attachable boat  rezzer (for normies, petites, dinkies & pixies).  Attachable (fishing) chairs are also available in the back pond for all species as well. 

All is welcome to pop by - I'm part of Parade Of Homes (under place of interest).  Not sure if it's possible to post links here.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Snapshot_004.jpg

Snapshot_006.jpg

Snapshot_007.jpg

Snapshot_008.jpg

Snapshot_009.jpg

Snapshot_011.jpg

Snapshot_013.jpg

Snapshot_014.jpg

Edited by Krstopj Voom
typo
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 4

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Krstopj Voom said:

I'm so sad the fantasy land is not getting the love it deserves.  It's one of my personal favorites - but then again, I used to make petite fantasy stuff so no surprise! lol. (petite O.O - Yes, I'm dating myself)

I agree the size of the homes and the cement textures and colors do not do it justice.  I spruced it up with a brick shell, some indoor vegetation and my friend (who is a shopaholic) cozied it up.  

Honestly, my favorite part is midnight sailing with my NO fishing rod - it's so ethereal and magical.  Big boats won't work here so I set up a free attachable boat  rezzer (for normies, petites, dinkies & pixies).  Attachable (fishing) chairs are also available in the back pond for all species as well. 

All is welcome to pop by - I'm part of Parade Of Homes (under place of interest).  Not sure if it's possible to post links here.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Snapshot_004.jpg

Snapshot_006.jpg

Snapshot_007.jpg

Snapshot_008.jpg

Snapshot_009.jpg

Snapshot_011.jpg

Snapshot_013.jpg

Snapshot_014.jpg

This is the embodiment of the choices we made in creating the theme the way we did.  Amazing and extremely well done.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

On 3/1/2023 at 6:40 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Dear Residents

The region in which your Linden Home exists is part of a continent that is going to cease to exist on <date here>.  Please pick up your belongings, abandon your Linden Home parcel in this region, and, if you wish, select a new Linden Home parcel.  Any objects remaining on this region as of the aforementioned date will be returned to owners as coalesced objects as the region sinks into oblivion.

Thank you for playing and Have a Nice Day!

<The "perks" are new Linden Homes.>

Also, I think it would be nice to find the old Linden Home models made available for use on non-Linden Home parcels.

Maybe drop a box of them at the Free Bazar in Stillman near the Old Library Content boxes and possibly elsewhere too.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Krstopj Voom said:

Not sure if it's possible to post links here.

Yes, you can post links, no worries.  Gorgeous home.  *Peers over your shoulder into your inventory to see what that wall texture is*   :)

4 hours ago, Ardy Lay said:

<The "perks" are new Linden Homes.>

Attempts to zip mouth.  Fails. 

Altho "perks" has made its way into common usage, the original term was "perqs", short for "perquisites":

a thing regarded as a special right or privilege enjoyed as a result of one's position.
plural noun: perquisites
"the wife of a president has all the perquisites of stardom"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Yes, you can post links, no worries.  Gorgeous home.  *Peers over your shoulder into your inventory to see what that wall texture is*   :)

Attempts to zip mouth.  Fails. 

Altho "perks" has made its way into common usage, the original term was "perqs", short for "perquisites":

Oooh!  I put "perks" in quotes because I see it used in print in USA but suspected it was informal at best.  This is the first time I have seen the word "perquisites" used and was not previously aware of it.

I dislike the confusion caused by shortened words.  I often see "premises" shortened to "premise" or "premis" or even "prem".  I also see "demarkation point" shortened to "demark" and "d-mark".  Now guess what industry I work in.

Thanks for the information.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/7/2023 at 11:48 AM, Patch Linden said:

This is the embodiment of the choices we made in creating the theme the way we did.  Amazing and extremely well done.  

I'm super honored by your comment Patch, thank you!  I haven't made anything in a looong time so it was a fun project.

On 3/7/2023 at 5:26 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Thank you so much, Nika!  I have no idea where I got this texture - I see it was made by Stinky Queso, if that helps.  I made the normal & specular maps.

Thanks everyone for the likes. ♥  Pop by any time and make yourself at home!  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Didgeridoo/22/188/22

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.