Any update on when we can expect Premium Plus Linden Homes?

JordanMcFarlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I paid for Premium Plus the first day it was offered.  I never thought the 2048 parcels would be ready in 2022.  I am happy to wait, as the group slots and free uploads were important to me.  The 2048 plots will be ready, when they are ready.

• Like 9

LL did not promise new houses in 2022, Patch Linden said "first Premium Plus theme possibly towards the end of 2022" and that word "possibly" was blinking in red for me.

So if I bought PPlus, it would be for other things... We got a surprise when PPlus could buy Homestads direct. That was something they had wished for in years. If I wanted it, I would be very pleased with PPlus.

Now I am very happy for not buying PPlus. If I had believed that LL promised new homes during 2022, I would not be so happy. I could have been too optimistic or overlooked the warning word "possibly".

I am actually considering PPlus and trying to get a new Victorian by the sea, because they can request a location.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, io Cloud said:

My question is: for those of us who signed up for Premium Plus, are we going to get an extra stipend or something for the loss of land use for the last 8-9 months (so far). We're paying for what we aren't getting.

I think Linden could do a lot better at setting realistic timeframes on delivery of their new products/features but to address your question... I wouldn't think so.  We do have an option for the use of that land allowance. They did say the 2048's would be made available later and after that said aiming for before year end.  That was 2022 I assume.

Don't get me wrong, I'm getting anxious too and wouldn't be against receiving a rebate but I just don't see that happening.

• Like 5

With all of the unused property in mainland, perhaps a temporary compromise can be made by LL so as to provide PPlus users with free 2048 (or 1024, any variation actually) while those who purchased the plan await for the release of 2048 parcels in Bellisseria.  

I know it is not the same, but it might help alleviate some of the frustration existing members are experiencing at the moment and also bring aboard some additional customers.  It would be additional work, but I think perhaps for existing PPlus members it would be a nice gesture to allow them to scout around the mainland, find some property they would like that is unused, and give them a home there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, io Cloud said:

My question is: for those of us who signed up for Premium Plus, are we going to get an extra stipend or something for the loss of land use for the last 8-9 months (so far). We're paying for what we aren't getting.

I don't agree with this; I'm getting a lot for what I'm paying for.  I've chosen specific houses I wouldn't have been able to do otherwise; I've uploaded a ton of things I would have had to save my stipends for otherwise; I have rather enjoyed the perqs that come with what I'm paying for and I don't think Second Life owes me anything else ahead of schedule.  Stuff takes the time it takes; and I chose to opt-in early with the existing array of neat stuff that I could put my (virtual) hands on and experiment with.  It was a choice I made without coercion, and I don't feel resentful for it.  But then again I'm a person who tends to be content with what I have.

Edited by Lyric Demina
emphasis mine; I don't want to be lumped in with a broad statement.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, io Cloud said:

People who only want the bigger houses are better off waiting to upgrade until the houses are ready. A lot of people have done just that and are waiting. The early upgrade was really for people who wanted the currently available stuff (free uploads, pick a house, more groups).

Going back to regular premium is the sensible thing to do for you. Upgrading again would take only a few minutes, so can be done when the final regions are being placed prior to release.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, io Cloud said:

I never used all that I got with Premium either. Like Voice morphing and Premium gifts.

So many of the perks for P+ aren't interesting or less interesting. The free uploads is a nice perk, but it is still cheaper to pay for my uploads.

One P+ cost much more that 2 Premium. I compare the annual price, paying month by month is really expensive no matter what option.

Only land/home and stipend was really important for me. If I trusted LL would have P+ homes ready fast, let us say in Autumn, and paid for a year of P+ when it was released... I would not be pleased, no matter how many that pointed out animesh attachment points and whatever more benefits that are included with P+.

And it is those who say 1024m Mainland is a perfectly suitable option, I do not think so. To each their own, are you happy, it is fine for y'all. It would still be cheaper to have two premiums, and the option of two different LHomes, or all the land allowance placed on Mainland.

But the high price of P+ and low trust in LL's ability to get the homes ready, made me keep my money and wait. I always say I was lucky there.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Going back to regular premium is the sensible thing to do for you. Upgrading again would take only a few minutes, so can be done when the final regions are being placed prior to release.

But, say you have a yearly PP subscription, if you fall back to Premium do they "credit" you the remaining months that you already paid for at the plus rate?  For example, I've assumed that if I have a yearly Plus membership that expires in 6 months, and want to downgrade now to yearly Premium, I'd have to pay an entire 99$ for a year of Premium.  Or do they credit me with half a year of PP (almost 90$), so I end up paying around 10$?  How does downgrading work, moneywise?

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, io Cloud said:

You have had your 2048 tier since the day you went to Premium Plus.  You were not promised a 2048 Linden Home right away.

So, NO, you are not paying for something that you are not getting.

Thus, NO, you do not get any compensation for anything.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

But, say you have a yearly PP subscription, if you fall back to Premium do they "credit" you the remaining months that you already paid for at the plus rate?  For example, I've assumed that if I have a yearly Plus membership that expires in 6 months, and downgrade to yearly Premium, I'd have to pay an entire 99$ for a year of Premium.  Or do they credit me with half a year of PP (almost 90$), so I end up paying around 10$?  How does downgrading work, moneywise?

My guess is NO, you are not credited anything.  Your regular Premium takes effect at the end of the current P+ paid time.

Not any different from someone going Premium and then a few months later deciding they really aren't getting their money's worth so they want to go back to basic.  There is no credit - the Basic takes effect at the end of the already paid Premium timeframe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My guess is NO, you are not credited anything.  Your regular Premium takes effect at the end of the current P+ paid time.

I asked, actually, because  I hear of people going PP for a month to get a 1024 property they particularly want. But I have the opposite situation than what we were discussing above - I have a yearly premium avatar whose renewal date is in the summer, but whom I'd like to make PP for one month, very soon. I guess that only makes sense to do if you have an avatar whose membership is expiring now, or who is basic.  Then you do a month of PP, get the home, and drop that avatar back to premium until you think you'll be done with the home.

// end derail, sorry

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

But, say you have a yearly PP subscription, if you fall back to Premium do they "credit" you the remaining months that you already paid for at the plus rate?  For example, I've assumed that if I have a yearly Plus membership that expires in 6 months, and want to downgrade now to yearly Premium, I'd have to pay an entire 99$ for a year of Premium.  Or do they credit me with half a year of PP (almost 90$), so I end up paying around 10$?  How does downgrading work, moneywise?

I've not needed to do it because I don't have the sort of money to pay for something on that basis. These threads are often boggling to me, because I did all the calculations, checked everything carefully (such as making sure there was a house I wanted) and considered what I could go without to afford it. The idea of paying for a whole year for something that wasn't ready yet and you might hate when it's finally revealed, it's a whole other world.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

The idea of paying for a whole year for something that wasn't ready yet and you might hate when it's finally revealed, it's a whole other world

Exactly. I thought PP was DOA since on an annual basis you could buy 3 premiums for  less than 1 PP. I was wrong. Some people dont care what things cost and/or value the perks. I have no use for the perks.

Also, if you intend to be here for a year but don’t have the cash flow, you may be better off paying credit card interest compared to the huge premium you pay for monthly. Always do the math.

LL needs a real Premium Plus and this will happen only when it includes something of OBVIOUS value to all, such as a 2048 parcel with a compelling new theme.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Exactly. I thought PP was DOA since on an annual basis you could buy 3 premiums for  less than 1 PP. I was wrong. Some people dont care what things cost and/or value the perks. I have no use for the perks.

Also, if you intend to be here for a year but don’t have the cash flow, you may be better off paying credit card interest compared to the huge premium you pay for monthly. Always do the math.

LL needs a real Premium Plus and this will happen only when it includes something of OBVIOUS value to all, such as a 2048 parcel with a compelling new theme.

actually, an annual Premium Plus is $249 and an annual premium is $99. So the premium plus is 2.5 times the price of a premium, not 3.

There are many features in premium plus. Believe it or not, there are people (such as myself) who don't care about the 2048 linden homes, and need premium plus for other reasons. In my case, the number of groups was the deciding factor. I have a need for multiple groups in each of several areas where I am a leader or a volunteer... the BBB, Firestorm, my hair store, etc. Also, as a creator, I find value in the free texture downloads.

Some people find value in being able to request a specific house instead of rolling for it and hoping they get lucky enough to land it.

If your main interest in premium plus is related to Linden homes and you don't need to request a specific home -- then it doesn't make sense for you to get premium plus yet. But if you happen to want/need one of the other features, then it does make sense to go ahead and get it.

Edited by Teresa Firelight
fix typos
  • Like 1

I recently upgraded to PP for several reasons, one being having the ability to choose a home. I should have read a bit more about it first, because I don't quite understand how it works. How does one find these homes that are ready enough to bid on, but not ready enough to release to the public? When a Traditional or Victorian comes up on the home page, they're quickly taken!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ciarra Lexington said:

I recently upgraded to PP for several reasons, one being having the ability to choose a home. I should have read a bit more about it first, because I don't quite understand how it works. How does one find these homes that are ready enough to bid on, but not ready enough to release to the public? When a Traditional or Victorian comes up on the home page, they're quickly taken!

I think you have to watch the regions being built.  The regions will typically have those color squares outlining them in the sky.  The regions have to have their true name - not SSP names.

Since I don't know exactly how you know when something is ready for release, but not released -- and thus up for P+ grabs - I'd probably just submit a ticket for any plot that I wanted in any region with a proper name that still had those colored outlines above them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

actually, an annual Premium Plus is $249 and an annual premium is $99. So the premium plus is 2.5 times the price of a premium, not 3.

In order to compare apples to apples, I compare the yearly cost minus the stipend. Premium is $39.80 and 3x39.80 < 120.64. (ratio is 3.03)

Premium

Stipend 300L x 52 weeks = 15,600L = $59.20

Cost net stipend $99/year - $59.20 = $39.80

Premium Plus

Stipend 650L x 52 weeks = 33,800L = $128.36

Cost net stipend $249/year - $128.36 = $120.64

Based on exchange rate and fees on 2/21/2023

But if you happen to want/need one of the other features, then it does make sense to go ahead and get it.

Exactly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

yes I see what you both are saying about "net" costs. But I don't entirely agree -- the fact is that you have to pay the annual up front... if you don't already have the stipend saved from previous years, then you cant count the money from it towards the $99 or the $249 annual fee. You have to actually have to already have that money before you pay the annual fee to cash it in to lower the cost.

You cant count money you haven't been paid yet in the cost since you have to pay the whole thing up front.

That net calculation works for subsequent years -- providing you put every penny of the stipend back into the account for the next year's fee. But the truth is that most people don't do that, they spend at least some of the stipend money on things like clothing, furnishing,  tips at clubs, etc.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

yes I see what you both are saying about "net" costs. But I don't entirely agree -- the fact is that you have to pay the annual up front... if you don't already have the stipend saved from previous years, then you cant count the money from it towards the $99 or the $249 annual fee

In order to compare annual cost of premium vs premium plus, it is important to make two assumptions . First, you have the upfront cash. Second, the stipend can be converted back into dollars that you own. (Dollars are fungible. Doesn't matter where they come from.)

What you do with the stipend is irrelevant to the annual comparison of plan costs. If you don't have the cash up front, your options are to pay for the more expensive monthly plan or to borrow the cash elsewhere (which may be cheaper than going monthly).

• Like 2

The price of P+ was a shock to me. I admit that I was foolish and hoped it would be better to buy P+ instead of Premium. I thought it would be a little less than double the annual cost of Premium.

Somewhere around 190 US... We had already heard it would be only double the free land tier included. I was absolutely not prepared for the price.

But it may be a success for Linden lab. The age of residents is high, and for those who earn a lot of money, 250 US is nothing. They probably already own or rent a region, so a LHome is not important. Perhaps this is why LL has no haste with the houses. They have Moles working on adding more Premium houses, when they could have worked on P+ houses instead.

Perhaps LL have found out that it will not be more P+ residents, even when new houses are ready. Those who do not care about 250 US has already signed up.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.