Best Vehicle creators in SL

MissV82

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I took a look at Manji, Gemc, Lusch, Sumi etc and unless I am missing something all the cars require you to keep the forwards button pressed to keep moving. Am I missing something, is there a setting somewhere to get them to actually travel in a cruise mode? 

It may just be me but I find my fingers hurting if I hold on to a forwards key all the time, and a vehicle really needs to function at a speed I set and then just steer for it to be comfortable. Probably now I think of it why I always end up using Arton Rotaru vehicle if traveling any distance.

Are there any other car makers that include a cruise mode?

Edited by Aethelwine

1 hour ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Many of the GEMC and Lusch vehicles do use a cruise control system, as do the various Infinity trucks. Vision motors also have a cruise control mode on their vehicles too (at least the ones I own have it).  In some cases it's just something that you have to enable via the menu.

I found the option on my GEMC car the limiter cruise control but my Lusch car (the Scout) doesn't have that so far as I can see. Although it does "run on" a fair bit so I don't need to hold down forwards all the time just tap it regularly. It is a bit weird though and frustrating at least for me.

Edited by Aethelwine

Yeah the Scout is one that doesn't have cruise control in the Lusch Range - usually it's the ones with the automatic gearboxes that have it - Hermes / Ajax / Nordic / Stella / Tradeline / Stepvan / Trademaster.  Their little TukTuk tho has cruise control even tho its a manual gearbox.

Indeed, the Scout, like most GEMC scripted vehicles, will coast quite well on level ground, just like a RL car.

• Like 2

I don't care about sim crossings. A stop at a sim crossing is like a stop at a traffic light in RL; getting thrown from the vehicle doesn't hurt and you get to see the countryside.

What I don't like are cars that require such enormous effort to compensate right and left to stay on the road that they simply aren't worth it. Or they simply don't work. A lot of freebies handed out in BBB events are like that.

I don't know whether this is due to over-sensitivity or lack of sensitivity as reflected from the scripts, but I just do not get why a vehicle cannot drive a straight line and constantly has to be corrected on even very short stretches.

Why? If an avatar can walk a straight line -- not in mouselook -- why can't a vehicle drive in a straight line? Yes, it needs to turn if the road curves. But I'm talking about its inability to stay straight on a straight road, and how it constantly jerks to the left or right.

This is why I ride my Megapuss around SL instead of fiddling with cars or bikes.

I really don't like bikes that constantly ask you at every sim seam or just any time they feel like it if you can accept an animation request, and which spam you with messages about the agent couldn't be found blah blah.

On 2/4/2023 at 12:27 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

I really don't like bikes that constantly ask you at every sim seam or just any time they feel like it if you can accept an animation request, and which spam you with messages about the agent couldn't be found blah blah.

That’s somewhat LL’s fault about those animation script errors on sim crossings.  LL changed how region crossings are handled a bit ago in an attempt to improve them and it unintentionally causes issues on some vehicle scripts.  Some builders have updated them and others already were scripted in a way that avoided the bug.  If you have that issue and the builder isn’t active and updating though you are pretty much out of luck at least with the current LL backend.

• Like 1

There are some fun cars, trucks, and buses at Aikoto and Hotaru: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Yui Bon/93/31/3501

For motorcycles, Turlaccor Custombike is a fun option. They have a big showroom, a test drive area outside, and a freebies board with rotating bikes, helmets, etc. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Golden Dawn/226/153/23

For boats, BBX Design has some cool items, and a selection of discounts if you'd like several boats at once. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sunny Bay/162/129/26

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I didn't want to start a new topic since this one was already here. I just moved in to Wolf Creek RP sim and I want to drive around the place in a Vespa. I have never driven before, only sailed. Which company makes the easiest to handle scooters in your opinion?

I won a free Vespa knockoff at Turlaccor on the MM boards once, it's pretty nice, actually, it's even Mod. As for easy to handle, as far as I can tell, it all comes down to whether the steering is hypersensitive or not, and whether it's got a solid hull under it to keep it from hanging up on curbs. Anything I've ever gotten from Turlaccor or MotoDesign has adjustable steering power. Proper gravity settings can make a huge difference too, because a heavier vehicle is less likely to bounce around like a rubber ball every time you bump into something.

One really cool tip I learned for sim crossings is to simply let off on the accelerator right before you hit the crossing. This way it's only your physics moving you, and that's easier for the simulator to adjust to when you're coming in than if you have all your scripts firing at the same time. I've experimented with this, and it can turn a nightmare of a sim crossing into nothing more than a speed bump.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I want to drive around the place in a Vespa. I have never driven before, only sailed. Which company makes the easiest to handle scooters in your opinion?

When I do ride around on a scooter its the What Next Vespa style Vacanza scooter https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/what-next-Vacanza-Wearable-Scooter-Set-2/17851235 being wearable it's much easier to drive than anything rezzed

image.png.e36147d5e9f97cee593abe0d806e7b79.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

I won a free Vespa knockoff at Turlaccor on the MM boards once, it's pretty nice, actually, it's even Mod. As for easy to handle, as far as I can tell, it all comes down to whether the steering is hypersensitive or not, and whether it's got a solid hull under it to keep it from hanging up on curbs. Anything I've ever gotten from Turlaccor or MotoDesign has adjustable steering power. Proper gravity settings can make a huge difference too, because a heavier vehicle is less likely to bounce around like a rubber ball every time you bump into something.

One really cool tip I learned for sim crossings is to simply let off on the accelerator right before you hit the crossing. This way it's only your physics moving you, and that's easier for the simulator to adjust to when you're coming in than if you have all your scripts firing at the same time. I've experimented with this, and it can turn a nightmare of a sim crossing into nothing more than a speed bump.

Thank you very much. This is very useful 👌 

40 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

When I do ride around on a scooter its the What Next Vespa style Vacanza scooter https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/what-next-Vacanza-Wearable-Scooter-Set-2/17851235 being wearable it's much easier to drive than anything rezzed

image.png.e36147d5e9f97cee593abe0d806e7b79.png

I'm going to go check it out now ☺️

• Like 1

I love wearable bikes. I just wish I could go faster than running with them.

More pros than cons, though. My What's Next bike isn't even made anymore, at least I can't find it available anywhere anymore. Glad I keep a backup of the whole fatpack~!

snapthingy_001.thumb.png.9d743ba1d3576cb86563c8a574973743.png

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 4

Since you said vehicle without specifics I am going to stretch and toss in 'Bandit / The Mesh Shop' (it's one brand with 2 different names for the same shop because yeah... I don't know...)

In my opinion this right here is the absolute best vehicle in all of SL:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bandit-IF/7305336

(Most of their products are only inworld. But always buy on MP from them if you can because the inworld vendors are not vendors - no tracking of your purchase so no redelivery system).

Though I actually do have a complaint - you can't let anyone else sail it.

Screenshot2023-11-07222511.png.1c54f38a61e86ba339fc9b029c771b51.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh and... this works like a vehicle so here it goes:Unilway_11072023_002.thumb.png.db6f84d95ae0d0b06727b37286b98259.png

animesh mounts from Teegle. These are way too land-impact heavy to use on my Linden Homes (40), but I have one kept out on my mainland plot. You can use it by either sitting on it or wearing it.

Usually they're horses. But I got the Chocobo instead (Strider).

And if we're talking about things that work like vehicles... the popular mermaid "Tala AO" appears to work like an SL vehicle rather than the traditional 'use flying to simulate swimming' system - making swimming as a mermaid work very smoothly unless the "flying" systems:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Mermaid-AO-Tala-AO-Bento/21618017

Mermaid_110723_001.jpg.235f5b1500c384fcbede86ef799b3b9e.jpg

(The tail in this pic is Riptide from {Aii & Ego} - that same store sells another tail that will NOT work with most mermaid animations.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Vespa.

I've got this one from Sau. It's very well set-up from the get-go, and since it's using ACS scripts it's highly modifiable so you can adjust and tune it to your liking.

5a3ba8d3cc08a05b2d26cb089cc10676.png

Pretty sure it comes in other colours, this one was available at a weekend sale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Since you said vehicle without specifics I am going to stretch and toss in 'Bandit / The Mesh Shop' (it's one brand with 2 different names for the same shop because yeah... I don't know...)

(Most of their products are only inworld. But always buy on MP from them if you can because the inworld vendors are not vendors - no tracking of your purchase so no redelivery system).

Oh I regret no getting the if every time I sail my Palain 😍

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

I've got this one from Sau. It's very well set-up from the get-go, and since it's using ACS scripts it's highly modifiable so you can adjust and tune it to your liking.

5a3ba8d3cc08a05b2d26cb089cc10676.png

Pretty sure it comes in other colours, this one was available at a weekend sale.

What! Which one? Link please. It might still be there.

3 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Oh and... this works like a vehicle so here it goes:Unilway_11072023_002.thumb.png.db6f84d95ae0d0b06727b37286b98259.png

animesh mounts from Teegle. These are way too land-impact heavy to use on my Linden Homes (40), but I have one kept out on my mainland plot. You can use it by either sitting on it or wearing it.

Usually they're horses. But I got the Chocobo instead (Strider).

And if we're talking about things that work like vehicles... the popular mermaid "Tala AO" appears to work like an SL vehicle rather than the traditional 'use flying to simulate swimming' system - making swimming as a mermaid work very smoothly unless the "flying" systems:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Mermaid-AO-Tala-AO-Bento/21618017

Mermaid_110723_001.jpg.235f5b1500c384fcbede86ef799b3b9e.jpg

(The tail in this pic is Riptide from {Aii & Ego} - that same store sells another tail that will NOT work with most mermaid animations.)

I'm not allowed to be a fantasy character. 😕 

13 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

What! Which one? Link please. It might still be there.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/sau/37/37/451

It isn't listed on their MP, but if you follow the signs to the sales area (to the left when you enter the store) there's usually a few old sales vendors that are still around.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I agree. When one wants realistic sailing the IF is still a good choice

Most vehicles don't have a redilivery, they are all copy :)

52700594067_45a53d0781_k (2).jpg

Edited by Ina Fairport
  • Like 2

The reason for the two different brands is that Analyse Dean makes the Bandit boats and The Mesh Shop boats are made by Dutch. The scripts in both makes of boats are by Dutch. They do work closely together so lines are probably blurred, but that is the reason for the two brands 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.