You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, PJBear said:

I think the balloon animal comment was about the other body called Peach. I could be wrong.

That may be so but as we've seen inworld, over the top avatars are in right now.  It's not my cup of tea but I'm not putting down people who choose that look.  To each, their own.  Basically saying someone looks grotesque and like a balloon animal if they do choose this look, is just rude, IMO.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PJBear said:

I think the balloon animal comment was about the other body called Peach. I could be wrong.

I think so, too. The Peach you linked - not to be confused with the original Peach posted.

Anyhoo, the over-exaggeration (in your Peach's case) seems to be the entire point of it, according to the body's Marketplace description.

"Peach is an open-source female mesh body. It has cartoonish proportions with tiny upper body and large lower body."

It reminds me of some cartoon character design commissions I've seen artists post on social media.

That's not a bad thing, either. All someone would need is a good cel-shaded skin and that could be a whole fun look right there. 

Cel-shaded characters are awesome and it'd be fun to have those in SL.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, PJBear said:

Hate when bodies use the same or similar names. Like Petite, or Classic, or, well, Peach.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Peach-Female-Mesh-Body/23585647?page=11

Agreed, and a simple search before naming your product can prevent that, and you would think you would know the market you are entering into. I remember the confusion between the Lelutka Evolution heads and the much longer standing EVE'Olution ones. When EVE'Olution released a new head, people were accusing them of stealing the name from Lelutka, despite them having used that name for many years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

Agreed, and a simple search before naming your product can prevent that, and you would think you would know the market you are entering into. I remember the confusion between the Lelutka Evolution heads and the much longer standing EVE'Olution ones. When EVE'Olution released a new head, people were accusing them of stealing the name from Lelutka, despite them having used that name for many years.

This is the 4th brand I've seen title their mesh body "Peach".

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Ahh, So that's why that name seems so familiar to me.. Although I can't remember ever demoing a peach body before

But then again, my memory isn't the greatest either.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

On 11/8/2022 at 7:50 AM, Trinity1776 said:

LOL, how about the pregnancy bodies?

xD \m/

On 11/8/2022 at 1:54 PM, PJBear said:

Hate when bodies use the same or similar names. Like Petite, or Classic, or, well, Peach.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Peach-Female-Mesh-Body/23585647?page=11

23 hours ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

6 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I've heard Spider say that he was working on his Peach way before this other person's version even got posted to MP.  Even heard him explain that to some designers we were recruiting in the beginning, who were also a bit confused.  ...Fact is, the peach fruit does have a nice, creative resemblance to a female body ;) ...Like, couldn't ya just eat it up?  xD  I mean, it's such a delectably perfect and simple reference that a LOT of ppl even use it as an internet handle.  

But when we were talking about how ppl would find things in a search by keywords... Comparatively, you run into the same issue with any body/head brand name, because what comes up in search is mostly stuff made for it, not the actual body/head (until maybe after sifting thru 30 pages ...and that's hard if you're kinda new, don't get that stuff yet, and just want the body).  Conversely, tho, it's also kinda good to have something that brings up at least 30 pages worth of items, as it reinforces the success of such product...

At any rate, I believe this could be easily remedied a few different ways when Spider's Peach is released: 1) looking up Spider Carnot on MP and then searching for "peach" in his MP store, 2) looking up Spider's profile, teleporting to his inworld store, and finding the body that way, and/or by 3) simply searching for "sp peach" in the MP (whereas the "SP" would stand for Spider Productions), as a sure-fire.  ;) 👍

23 hours ago, Modulated said:

Current motto with new bodies: Let's keep reinventing the wheel over and over and oooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvver.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reinventing the wheel ad nauseum actually sounds like my RL job, TBH 🤪xD  

Although, now that I think about it, sounds a lot like life! 😆

You know evolution never ceases ...existence would be too boring and there would be absolutely no point ;)  ...I mean, would SL even be able to run on a Babbage Difference Engine??? xD😝💜

5 hours ago, JeromFranzic said:

Want another Peach? I bought this one in August, 2021. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ROR-GPeach-Body/20931415

Ok, that's where I heard the name before.. I remember helping someone new and we were looking for all the free and low cost bodies we could find and came across that one in our search.. That one is actually G.Peach or Georgia Peach

I knew i heard it somewhere before.. hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

I just want a body that looks like mine, is all. It's frustrating to see the same bimbo/fetish bodies get made over and over again when there's still no options for a heavier body that isn't blatant fetish material. I've been tempted to try Piggu's bodies but they're a little on the older side, and I don't know how well they'd work for an anthro av. Not to mention the lack of third party love for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dragon Hijinks said:

I just want a body that looks like mine, is all. It's frustrating to see the same bimbo/fetish bodies get made over and over again when there's still no options for a heavier body that isn't blatant fetish material. I've been tempted to try Piggu's bodies but they're a little on the older side, and I don't know how well they'd work for an anthro av. Not to mention the lack of third party love for them.

Don't try piggu. That guy made those bodies as a joke to mock fat people and they just don't work great as bodies. I agree with you 200%. Reborn I've seen has a good look when made fat, despite how sexualized it is

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Dragon Hijinks said:

If you haven't tested it out yet, you might want to give the Kalhene Erika body a try.. Demo it and see if the sliders get you closer to what you are looking for..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jinx Lavarock said:

Don't try piggu. That guy made those bodies as a joke to mock fat people and they just don't work great as bodies. I agree with you 200%. Reborn I've seen has a good look when made fat, despite how sexualized it is

Oh that's disappointing...I always appreciated how realistically proportioned the Piggu bods were. ;~;

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dragon Hijinks said:

Oh that's disappointing...I always appreciated how realistically proportioned the Piggu bods were. ;~;

yeah it genuinely really sucks when i found out. I remember my girlfriend was excited to finally have a fat avi but ended up dissappointed with it and then we found out about the creator. I really wish fat people had better and more options in sl but with fatphobia being so present in this community there really arent a lot of options. But like I said, try reborn. It's picking up popularity and I see so many clothes for it all the time AND you can make it look decent fat. It's mod friendly too! They also heavily support furry mods so I'm sure you can make an anthro

Edited by Jinx Lavarock
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Peach? more like... watermelon, am I rite?   got´em, on the internet.

Regarding the piggu body, I think it just fell short in the quality department, despite the intention being good and filling a niche, the level of detail and work for the main bodies has become really high, like, even if I dont particularly like the shape of the peach body, I could never do something like that in a million years.

1 hour ago, StarlanderGoods said:

Peach? more like... watermelon, am I rite?   got´em, on the internet.

Regarding the piggu body, I think it just fell short in the quality department, despite the intention being good and filling a niche, the level of detail and work for the main bodies has become really high, like, even if I dont particularly like the shape of the peach body, I could never do something like that in a million years.

The Piggu bodies are ok for what they are, but this being SL they are absolutely niche market. There's a few things out there for them but they just never caught on. Not sure why the poster above you says the bodies were made to poke fun at people, I never got that impression at all. Also that would be a lot of work just for that purpose. I think the bodies are genuinely meant to be fun and offer some diversity body wise in SL.

Edited by Modulated
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Modulated said:

The Piggu bodies are ok for what they are, but this being SL they are absolutely niche market. There's a few things out there for them but they just never caught on. Not sure why the poster above you says the bodies were made to poke fun at people, I never got that impression at all. Also that would be a lot of work just for that purpose. I think the bodies are genuinely meant to be fun and offer some diversity body wise in SL.

No I was straight up told by someone who knew and spoke with the creator of the bodies. I was not making any assumptions

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Jinx Lavarock said:

No I was straight up told by someone who knew and spoke with the creator of the bodies. I was not making any assumptions

The only thing is, it's still hearsay.. There also seems to be a lot of work for a joke..

I'm of the mind that, if it doesn't come from the horses mouth, it's a good thing to question it, especially if it sounds damaging..

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The only thing is, it's still hearsay.. There also seems to be a lot of work for a joke..

I'm of the mind that, if it doesn't come from the horses mouth, it's a good thing to question it, especially if it sounds damaging..

You'd be surprised the amount of work people put into things just for a joke. Also I get where you're coming from but to imply anything negative is automatically to question isn't great considering nobody, particularly sl creators, is perfect. I really don't think zero would lie to me. It's also just not a good body if you plan on being an anthro, creator issues or not.

Really hoping this doesn't cause a fight I've been lurking on these forums and I'm so scared god bless ❤️

Edited by Jinx Lavarock
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jinx Lavarock said:

You'd be surprised the amount of work people put into things just for a joke. Also I get where you're coming from but to imply anything negative is automatically to question isn't great considering nobody, particularly sl creators, is perfect. I really don't think zero would lie to me. It's also just not a good body if you plan on being an anthro, creator issues or not.

I understand where you are coming from.. For me creators are just another user like the rest of us..It's why I have learned to question things a bit more.. I've seen bad rumors started from less, but also some truths in a grapevine as well..

I think it's more important to concentrate on the "Thing" more than the "Why" the thing is here..

It's easy to be turned on or off by the "Why's" if we let those become a factor.. But, when it really comes down to it, it's really all about the "Thing" and are we wasting our time with this thing or not.

At the end of the day, no matter the sacrifice we are told made by a creator or the bad thing why this thing is here.. if it's still a waste of our money and time, then it was all for nothing anyways on our end.

I just treat them all like another user that opened a business. If they make a good product I like, then I'm in..If they don't then I'm not.. More or less sacrifice or bad reputation doesn't open or close my purse.. The product quality does..

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.