Peeve...The weather.  Earlier this week, it was 70 and I had some windows open.  Woke up this morning, it's 23 with snow.  We also had 5 tornados yesterday in the southern part of the state.  😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

8 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Peeve: Losing my socks like  R.E.M losing their religion. I've lost so many of them in the laundry I should start considering making mismatched socks a fashion thing.

Large washer laundry bags.  The kind a commercial.laundry uses.  Haven't lost a sock since I started using them.  Ask at your local dry cleaner/shirt laundry if they'll sell you one.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve...The weather.  Earlier this week, it was 70 and I had some windows open.  Woke up this morning, it's 23 with snow.  We also had 5 tornados yesterday in the southern part of the state.  😕

Peeve: It was high of 78F here yesterday..

Tornados!!! I hope you have good shelter!

• Thanks 1

Peeve: Contemplating retiring most of your store stock because belleza and maitreya made new bodies
(I helped the customer that made me feel like that and converted another maitreya girl into a possible reborn girl, 5 stars for me)

Also Peeved: Contemplating changing vendor systems
(Okay im not hurrying now as i saw on the merchant forum something is broken on all the vendors except casper)

All of which is completely unnecessary work when real life is busy!
(I managed to avoid all my own peeves so now im off to the RL garden in the sunshine) ❤️

Edited by JUSTUS Palianta
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Large washer laundry bags.  The kind a commercial.laundry uses.  Haven't lost a sock since I started using them.  Ask at your local dry cleaner/shirt laundry if they'll sell you one.

My basket lays right on the edge of the dryer making it really easy to scoop everything into it..

I think that must be where people lose most of their socks.. From the dryer to where ever they do their folding.. That or while drying they get inside a shirt or pants or something like that..

I just always washed them in the towels load  so they don't have any hiding spots.. hehehe

I can't really ever remember losing any socks before to be honest....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Modulated said:

Peeve: Gatekeepers who tell us we shouldn't have opinions about things but then go on other threads and give theirs .

giphy.gif

There's only one way to deal with a gate keeper..

gifs_of_smashing_breaking_crashing_throu

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

It's gnomes ☹️ I hate them 😡

Weird thing is, I had my machine worked on some months ago, needed some type of balance springamathing, and guess what was inside of the inner barrel? SOCKS AND WASH CLOTHS! How they got in there the world may never know.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Weird thing is, I had my machine worked on some months ago, needed some type of balance springamathing, and guess what was inside of the inner barrel? SOCKS AND WASH CLOTHS! How they got in there the world may never know.

Do you mean it was empty and then the socks reappeared? 🥶

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Remember those episodes of Star Trek, where they travel in time by flying round and round the sun, very fast?

Same thing, socks in the tumble dryer, travelling back and forth in time. They don't disappear, they are just not in the machine NOW, you have to wait for the future where they are to become now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

As Zalificent says, your dryer is a compact Tardis, capable of sending random small things like socks forward in time. This is why a "lost" sock may suddenly reappear a week later, smug as if nothing had happened. It's just spent a little free time in another dimension.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Modulated said:

Peeve: Gatekeepers who tell us we shouldn't have opinions about things but then go on other threads and give theirs .

giphy.gif

Don't never let nobody tell you that you can't have an opinion here. If they do, just threaten them with ME. I got your back.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

haha no, they were found when it was disassembled.

I should have clarified it was my washing machine, not the dryer they were found in.

Edited by Modulated
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

My basket lays right on the edge of the dryer making it really easy to scoop everything into it..

I think that must be where people lose most of their socks.. From the dryer to where ever they do their folding.. That or while drying they get inside a shirt or pants or something like that..

I just always washed them in the towels load  so they don't have any hiding spots.. hehehe

I can't really ever remember losing any socks before to be honest....

I've lost them down behind the washer & dryer before.  Also, between the dryer and the wall.   Possibly from when I'm pulling stuff from the laundry chute into the basket.  The laundry chute sits right above the dryer, and I put my basket on top of the dryer under the shoot.  Every now and then the basket overflows.

Also........... I put nothing past the cats.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've lost them down behind the washer & dryer before.  Also, between the dryer and the wall.   Possibly from when I'm pulling stuff from the laundry chute into the basket.  The laundry shoot sits right above the dryer, and I put my basket on top of the dryer under the shoot.  Every now and then the basket overflows.

I thought about having my husband put one of those in. But then we both almost at the same time said.. The boys.. Then we just dropped the idea..

With boys, if the thought enters your mind of them possibly ever doing  something, it's not a matter of if, but when.. hehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've lost them down behind the washer & dryer before.  Also, between the dryer and the wall.   Possibly from when I'm pulling stuff from the laundry chute into the basket.  The laundry shoot sits right above the dryer, and I put my basket on top of the dryer under the shoot.  Every now and then the basket overflows.

I had a cat with a sock.obsession.  She would drag socks out into the hall that my son had left on the floor.  Then, she'd start "talking" to them and poking them with a paw.  It was the funniest thing to watch.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I keep telling people it isn't the dryers that keep eating socks, it's the washers, they just blame it on the dryers, but no one believes me. 🤷‍♀️

Can confirm!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I keep telling people it isn't the dryers that keep eating socks, it's the washers, they just blame it on the dryers, but no one believes me. 🤷‍♀️

I sense the Believe Every Dryer movement will be the next big thing.

BRB, got to print the t-shirts and hats real quick, and set up the nonprofit.

• Haha 5