11 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:
41 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I believe there is a recurring course offered on that.  If not recurring, then there's no recourse..

Unless we're cured, curiously.

Peeve: My dog is a "cur", so when she has pups, she "recurs". 

(She had given birth before I got her, I could tell.)

ETA: The Peeve is, I do not know if she was "given up" because she had pups, or because it did not go well.

In any case, I had her spayed per the Rescue requirements, so..there shall be no "recurrence". 

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 4

Peeve: People on the holiday camp where I used to live and work that was flooded by the extreme weather yesterday. Grumbling that they weren't told what to do. Where had common sense gone to? The previous generation who encountered the previous flood way back in 1997 all mucked in and got on with it.

• Like 6

Another peeve: Why is the media making such a big deal about Russell Brand (Who? - was married to Katie Perry for a brief spell, but generally a British comedian/TV presenter, always off his face on something more than just being high on life.) Apparently he is under fire because of the way he has treated women in the past, Channel 4 have just dropped all his programmes. 

Women who go out with Russell Brand know what he is like already because he is such a high-profile person here. What on earth were they expecting? 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Another peeve: Why is the media making such a big deal about Russell Brand (Who? - was married to Katie Perry for a brief spell, but generally a British comedian/TV presenter, always off his face on something more than just being high on life.) Apparently he is under fire because of the way he has treated women in the past, Channel 4 have just dropped all his programmes. 

Women who go out with Russell Brand know what he is like already because he is such a high-profile person here. What on earth were they expecting? 

It might be to do with his having had some appearances on a channel not loved by woke media.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:
55 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Expand  

It might be to do with his having had some appearances on a channel not loved by woke media.

He's been accused of some horrific stuff:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/sep/17/russell-brand-broadcasters-launch-investigations-abuse-allegations

• Thanks 1

Peeve:
It is national cheeseburger day, and I haven't gotten one yet and I am so very hungry right now.  I walked a mile to get one, but my card did not work :(  Two miles walked in heat and humidity, and no cheeseburger.. I swear, the hardships I will go through for a simple cheeseburger 🤣

Well anyway, happy national cheeseburger day everyone.

Screen-Shot-2013-12-30-at-12.08.23-PM.pn

and a veggie cheeseburger for our vegan members

garden-veggie-burger-02.jpg

If you haven't already, and are a resident of a country that celebrates this day, get out and get yourself one of the deals before the end of the day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Accused of, yes. 

Trial by media yet again.

NONE of us know what happens behind closed doors. 

2 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Peeve:
It is national cheeseburger day, and I haven't gotten one yet and I am so very hungry right now.  I walked a mile to get one, but my card did not work :(  Two miles walked in heat and humidity, and no cheeseburger.. I swear, the hardships I will go through for a simple cheeseburger 🤣

If you haven't already, and are a resident of a country that celebrates this day, get out and get yourself one of the deals before the end of the day. 

I want one now, but I can't be greedy, I had such a treat for lunch, Spayside chilli and herb black pudding with two luscious fried eggs and garden peas. It was magnificent.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:
3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Why is the media making such a big deal about Russell Brand

Russell Brand makes himself out to be somewhat of a Guru, but also seems to be somewhat of a "nut" and has a shady past.

Not that "Gurus" can't have shady pasts..

• Like 2

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Russell Brand makes himself out to be somewhat of a Guru, but also seems to be somewhat of a "nut" and has a shady past.

Not that "Gurus" can't have shady pasts..

He's totally off his face most of the time, and I cannot abide him, but those who get involved with him know all this about him, and know what he's like. Someone's setting him up for a fall and wanting their fifteen minutes of fame. It's the way it goes nowadays, but it's a pet peeve, and that's all I'm saying. If everyone else wants a discussion about it/him, please go take it to Discord or wherever, because this isn't the place. I am just letting out a pet peeve.

Trial by media.

And is Russell Brand really worth all the reporting on the news bulletins? I mean, isn't there a war going on somewhere in the world?

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Peeve:

If you have some green peppers and square wonder bread, you can do what Eddie Murphy's mama used to do:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes, and if it's true it is indeed horrific.  I was just commenting on why the media might be making a particular fuss, which was the point of the original comment.  I'm not intending to take this any further.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Added text.
  • Like 2