7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wait, you can freeze someone on your parcel using parcel tools???

FREEZE them???

Whyyyyyyyy?

You've always had that ability! I forgot about it.

It's a nice way to stop a Griefer in their tracks! I guess..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve:  When you see someone used the wrong word and you have to NOT correct them!

Because nice people don't always correct other people!

But why not just eject and ban them? What's the point of freezing them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wait, you can freeze someone on your parcel using parcel tools???

FREEZE them???

Whyyyyyyyy?

I've used it so I could copy their user name for my ban list. I think this could also come in handy if they were using objectionable animations. Besides it would be fun to freak them out for a moment if they're not excepting to be frozen.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I've used it so I could copy their user name for my ban list. I think this could also come in handy if they were using objectionable animations. Besides it would be fun to freak them out for a moment if they're not excepting to be frozen.

I can sort of see it if you wanted to warn them, rather than necessarily ban them outright.

But we have an eject and ban option, don't we, that automatically adds their names to the ban list?

ETA: I can sort of potentially see this being abused. I have never heard of it happening, so that's presumably not much of a problem, but it's an odd sort of response to objectionable behaviour.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But why not just eject and ban them? What's the point of freezing them?

I've seen it used, for instance by a Linden when called to help with a Griefer, to either talk to them or find out what's going on before taking action.  

I think, it's is the equivalent to "sitting on something to prevent pushing", except you're doing it TO someone else: preventing them from moving / pushing / etc.

Hard to explain if it's "new" to you!

• Like 2

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I've seen it used, for instance by a Linden when called to help with a Griefer, to either talk to them or find out what's going on before taking action.

This is what I meant, sort of, by using it as a "warning."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is what I meant, sort of, by using it as a "warning."

I also think, in addition to Persephone's suggestion of using it to get a name, freezing them may make it easier to get a picture for an AR if needed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

ETA: I can sort of potentially see this being abused. I have never heard of it happening, so that's presumably not much of a problem, but it's an odd sort of response to objectionable behaviour.

Yes, we've had fun with it in ages past, but no one wants to play anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

*in a small voice*

"I do."

*Ahem* Perhaps...just perhaps..Rowan didn't mean, "No one cares about my concerns".

But instead meant, "No one cares about what [some other person] is going on about".

It's not like I can read Rowan's mind, of course..

I don't expect that to change your answer in any way, because of course, SOMEONE cares!

F1DBC2EF-1F4F-4F8D-B9EE-D8CE86971796.jpeg.a2feadead040a855d11acfdab83490fb.jpeg

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 9:04 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, we have 2 large free-standing humidifiers downstairs, but not for upstairs.  Haven't typically had a major problem up there before.

If you have one of those big return air vents on the wall somewhere.. You can set one of those humidifiers next to it and it can draw the humidity to where it spreads through the house more.

If you have a forced air system anyways..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Peeve: Omg, I've been trying to finish watching that old Kung Pow movie since I seen it was  for sale really cheap on our streaming channel we use..

I put it on before bed and then watch it to fall asleep to..

I woke up about 2am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so I put the movie back on the last part I remember seeing, which is where the chosen one fights the guy they trained backwards..

I only remember making it to the part where he first fights Betty in the river and then fell back asleep again..

The really strange thing that is bothering me today is , those voices from the movie are stuck in my head..

Everything I am reading in the forums  and on the net are in those silly Kung Pow voices.. hehehe

It's like having a song stuck in my head I swear..

Hopefully after some tea, that will go away.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1