Peeve: SL stores that give store credit,...but it doesn't work on single colors or discounted stuff. It only works for stuff I already have or I don't want or would cost me $L 450 for a fatpack after the store credit. I don't need anything from this store, but I just spent over 2 hours looking for something I could get with the store credit,...and I got nothing.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeve: SL stores that give store credit,...but it doesn't work on single colors or discounted stuff. It only works for stuff I already have or I don't want or would cost me $L 450 for a fatpack after the store credit. I don't need anything from this store, but I just spent over 2 hours looking for something I could get with the store credit,...and I got nothing.

Another thing  to add to that is, If you run into a problem with the product, there isn't any transaction history that you can see or show them..

I don't know if they can see it or not, but nothing show in yours.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I'm actually happy today.  My bday pressie to myself finally arrived!!

*sits and happily fondles her DVD of War*

DBGICdB.gif.96fee4451083cb7ef81a614cd63927df.gif

YAY!!!! Yes yes yesssss... now you can see the OTHER hot guys, too. Not that you will stray from YOUR man, but, eye candy is a nice pressie. I hope you have :::cough::: laid in all of the proper supplies for watching this... :::I'm self-editing my further thoughts, because while PG, they might be questionable... you're welcome:::

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Yes, liking baseball is a kink.  It's slow and boring and I don't care who plays, but it's your kink, so if you like slow and boring, enjoy.  I won't try and stop you or tell you your kink is evil.  I'll just shake my head quietly in judgement.

Baseball is the one sport I actually like, watch, and follow pretty closely. I love how leisurely it is, how sort of contemplative is every defensive move, and how like ballet a really good fielding play (especially in the infield) can be.

I like sitting in the 5th level of Skydome (I refuse to call it by its corporate name) for an evening game, because you're high enough to see Toronto Harbour, and watch the sun set over it. And then suddenly the stadium lights go on. And all the while there is this slow, beautiful ballet happening on the field below you.

One of the old Commissioners of Baseball was Bart Giamatti -- he sadly died 5 months into his tenure. He was also a renowned professor of Renaissance literature at Yale, and he once wrote a lovely essay in which he characterized the baseball field as a Renaissance walled garden that figured forth a vision of the biblical Paradise. He was right.

Also my team, the Blue Jays, are doing well and are a lot of fun to watch. Go Jays!!!

• Like 1

Peeve: Sort of kinda helping a friend with a new look, and looking at the demos for the Evo series. 😲 I have a Genus head, and I really like my look. It took a lot and is close in to my system (which took a lot, back in the day). But with all of the troubles Genus has had, they aren't doing their updates, and fewer and fewer designers are making things for it. I see all the bells and whistles for Evo and I'm surely tempted, but but but... I really do not want to CHANGE. I'd just like all of those cool options and a good hud and eyes that don't cross, and my facial animations to work when I log in and TP without having to reset them EVERY time...

sigh

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Baseball is the one sport I actually like, watch, and follow pretty closely. I love how leisurely it is, how sort of contemplative is every defensive move, and how like ballet a really good fielding play (especially in the infield) can be.

I like sitting in the 5th level of Skydome (I refuse to call it by its corporate name) for an evening game, because you're high enough to see Toronto Harbour, and watch the sun set over it. And then suddenly the stadium lights go on. And all the while there is this slow, beautiful ballet happening on the field below you.

One of the old Commissioners of Baseball was Bart Giamatti -- he sadly died 5 months into his tenure. He was also a renowned professor of Renaissance literature at Yale, and he once wrote a lovely essay in which he characterized the baseball field as a Renaissance walled garden that figured forth a vision of the biblical Paradise. He was right.

Also my team, the Blue Jays, are doing well and are a lot of fun to watch. Go Jays!!!

Echoing what Seicher said, welcome back to the thread. You were sorely missed as always.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

He was also a renowned professor of Renaissance literature at Yale, and he once wrote a lovely essay in which he characterized the baseball field as a Renaissance walled garden that figured forth a vision of the biblical Paradise. He was right.

btw...

"Ohhhhh, just stoppppppp!" Bloody hell. Baseball fields as metaphorical... GD academics...

It is a ball. It is a stick. You hit the ball with the stick. People try to stop you. Geez Louise.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

btw...

"Ohhhhh, just stoppppppp!" Bloody hell. Baseball fields as metaphorical... GD academics...

4 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

btw...

It is a ball. It is a stick. You hit the ball with the stick. People try to stop you. Geez Louise.

One of these posts is not like the other lol!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Peeve: Sort of kinda helping a friend with a new look, and looking at the demos for the Evo series. 😲 I have a Genus head, and I really like my look. It took a lot and is close in to my system (which took a lot, back in the day). But with all of the troubles Genus has had, they aren't doing their updates, and fewer and fewer designers are making things for it. I see all the bells and whistles for Evo and I'm surely tempted, but but but... I really do not want to CHANGE. I'd just like all of those cool options and a good hud and eyes that don't cross, and my facial animations to work when I log in and TP without having to reset them EVERY time...

sigh

I HATE changing my look!  How I ended up switching from Catwa to Lelutka was a long process.  I had the head demo for months, trying different skins as they became available at events and such.  Only when my favorite skin store made a skin that I fell in love with did I actually go and purchase the head.  I think I had the demo about 6 months before switching over.

Pick up a few demo head.  Keep them all in a folder.  There are a couple that would probably be close to your look with some editing.  

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

sigh

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I HATE changing my look!  How I ended up switching from Catwa to Lelutka was a long process.  I had the head demo for months, trying different skins as they became available at events and such.  Only when my favorite skin store made a skin that I fell in love with did I actually go and purchase the head.  I think I had the demo about 6 months before switching over.

Pick up a few demo head.  Keep them all in a folder.  There are a couple that would probably be close to your look with some editing.  

There's a reason why I haven't really updated my more Human/Humanoid looks in quite some time (quite aside from the fact that it's not so easy to hide a particular piece of anatomy to achieve what I'd wish to).

Well, one of a handful anyway.

It is "bad" enough working/dealing with the varied Anthro heads I have! They're "easy" to deal with (by personal comparison)!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

There's a reason why I haven't really updated my more Human/Humanoid looks in quite some time (quite aside from the fact that it's not so easy to hide a particular piece of anatomy to achieve what I'd wish to).

Well, one of a handful anyway.

It is "bad" enough working/dealing with the varied Anthro heads I have! They're "easy" to deal with (by personal comparison)!

Yes..I've got ONE mesh body/head (and finally some more heads to demo now), but lots of Anthros / Ferals..

Funny how that works.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

sigh

Genus claims their updates are Coming Soon™️ and are in the testing phase. Then again, they've been saying that for months, so who knows. I only have the Strong Gift and used it to make several avatars, but gave up on it a long time ago. The eyes drove me absolutely bonkers. That's BEEN a peeve.

You can do some very fun things with Evo X heads. Or AK heads, if you prefer those (they use Evo X's same UV map, so no shortage of skins/BOM makeup there). But my main head is an HDPro. Much harder to shop for, but it's the only head I own with the slider flexibility I need to get not-quite-human head shapes (like my orc's super glamorous underbite). I swap between that and some of the Evo X heads for all of my human-ish avies, and BeSpoke for the less human - omg those are wonderful and I want to buy them all and make even more amazing creatures (I neeed the rat, and the warthog, and the moth, and and and...!!!! Squee!).

So today's daily peeve (aside from wanting to spend all the monies on new heads) - I am way, way, wayyyy too addicted to Disney Dreamlight Valley. Imagine The Sims meets Stardew Valley meets Animal Crossing - all in the Disney universe. AHHOMG. A whole customizable village filled with Disney characters you can fish, farm, mine, raise friendship levels, interact, and quest with! AHHOMG!

Secondary peeve, though - the game is really making me HATE Maui (from Moana). They made him huge and he's always on the plaza steps flexing, blocking my way. I've also seen others mention in the Discord that they've gotten trapped in houses because he loves flexing in doorways, too. 😒🤣 Here's hoping village eviction will come in a future update! 😏

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Genus claims their updates are Coming Soon™️ and are in the testing phase. Then again, they've been saying that for months, so who knows. I only have the Strong Gift and used it to make several avatars, but gave up on it a long time ago. The eyes drove me absolutely bonkers. That's BEEN a peeve.

They've been saying that for the last 2 years. I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2