9 hours ago, Modulated said:

For all those folks falling into the toilet....

mYACL31.jpeg

OMG NO - Any light in the middle of the night ends up blinding me, not to mention that it would also disrupt my husband's sleep (though if I'm falling into the toilet because he left the seat up, he's going to be more than slightly disrupted)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I do get peeved when people claim that 'eating healthy is expensive'. It really isn't. It is in fact a whole lot cheaper than the super-processed, pre-digested food-substitutes that a lot of people eat (>60% of the US' caloric intake, you guys are fricking scary sometimes). But hey, who cares about a few strokes or a bit of type-2 diabetes when there's pop-tarts and convenience

You must have access to different grocery stores than I do.

I am glad you have the time to prepare your fresh food everyday before it goes bad and then time to do the dishes and relax a bit before bed.

Convenient way to live, if you can do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Funny how when men have to do dishes they only do the ones they used yet when women have to do the dishes we have to wash everyone's including the pots and pans. 😉

More often than not, this is true.  I am lucky though - my husband does the dishes most of the time.

We established a rule early in our relationship:  Whoever cooks, the other one cleans up.  I do most of the cooking, so he is usually the dish elf.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, in the US, fresh fruits and vegetables are often not only expensive (relative to many other foods in the store), but most will not last a full week and many people do not have the time and/or ability to go to the store multiple times during the week.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

What tacky about that?   😂

Retro-70s-bathroom-Fuzzy-toilet-seat-covers-Green-lawn-1973.thumb.jpg.d8ff3db2375dd9237ad16e7607bc763a.jpg

A crochet tissue box cover would complete the ensemble.

Peeve: I can smell the picture!!! I am reminded of an aunt's bathroom that always smelled a certain way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And, I've often thought (with zero proof), not entirely sanitary?

While it "might" be questionable how sanitary the tank cover and lid cover are, rugs around the toilet base are definitely breeding grounds.  

Then there are the people that carpet bathrooms.  Not only is it disgusting around the toilet base, but the carpet gets moldy all along the edge of the tub.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

A crochet tissue box cover would complete the ensemble.

Peeve: I can smell the picture!!! I am reminded of an aunt's bathroom that always smelled a certain way.

Puppy Tissue Box Cover Holder Vintage Crochet Pattern Very Cute ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Orwar said:
2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve: Eating healthy is expensive and takes time to prepare fairly often or it spoils.

I do get peeved when people claim that 'eating healthy is expensive'. It really isn't. It is in fact a whole lot cheaper than the super-processed, pre-digested food-substitutes that a lot of people eat (>60% of the US' caloric intake, you guys are fricking scary sometimes). But hey, who cares about a few strokes or a bit of type-2 diabetes when there's pop-tarts and convenience

One advantage is that the excess preservatives in fast food reduces the amount of embalming fluid needed when our time is over...

• Haha 4

Husky Peeve #1: Husky sleeps in the bathroom, which makes it almost impossible to tinkle in the middle of the night..(Turbo takes up the entire floor of the bathroom..)

Husky Peeve #2: Washed half of Cinnamon today (with "dry shampoo"), couldn't get her to roll over and do the other half..she was so dirty my fingers came away black after trying to groom her.

• Sad 3

13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

One advantage is that the excess preservatives in fast food reduces the amount of embalming fluid needed when our time is over...

Yeah I befriended the gravedigger in the town I used to lived in (as one does), he mentioned that the corpses don't decompose as they should and that it's giving them scheduling problems (didn't quite catch how or why, I might have been half-way through a bottle of whisky). We don't even really do embalming here, but we've now decided human beings are now too toxic to do a number two in nature because it's bad for the environment - which I find quite charming! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Husky Peeve #1: Husky sleeps in the bathroom, which makes it almost impossible to tinkle in the middle of the night..(Turbo takes up the entire floor of the bathroom..)

Husky Peeve #2: Washed half of Cinnamon today (with "dry shampoo"), couldn't get her to roll over and do the other half..she was so dirty my fingers came away black after trying to groom her.

Just wait for a warm day & take her into the pool.

Peeve: That feel when you've lost interest in a thing because it's been so long from creation to follow up, but you still have to do the thing because the client will eff you over if you don't. 🙄On top of which, your client is blaming you for them being four months late with their response. 

Corollary peeve: WHY wasn't I born a billionaire??? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Peeve:  Even though I work on the engineering side of the house, I still sometimes have to sit in on the calls when we do a release install....... and I really hate that.  I'm only there in case folks have issues or if they all of a sudden can't manage to read the install instructions. This has been one of those nights.  At least I can read my kindle through most of the work stuff.

• Like 2