47 minutes ago, Missy Starchild said:

When I find an item I like, and it's not on the marketplace but rather in a store. Then I go that store, and every item is a million tiny preview images spread out over a massive area so I never find what I was looking for. Argh.

If you are using firestorm, You can use the area search, which really helps a lot.

• Like 4

Peeve: I had a cringe moment this morning when I was hanging in the groups and doing my Friday morning routine of  relaxing and all that good stuff..

It kind of messed up my morning , for about two minutes.. Hate when that happens.. hehehe

I had someone that I was pretty good friends with before the whole RZ thing happened years ago.. He had IM'd me and said, You are the person I have known the longest in SL..

I had to actually look at the profile to remember who it was.. Then it hit me..

He had been one of my friends that had jumped on the RZ side back then and I remember a lot of the falling out we had and a lot of the things said..

So after looking at the profile and the IM for a minute, I just closed it and  went shopping..

Life is too short to be living on cringe cakes from the past..

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I already peeved that the Brave browser stopped connecting to any sites.  Today the DuckDuckGo browser (which I'd only just started using) did the same.  I have no idea what's going on, just that so far Firefox is working.  I'll try Opera again just to have an alternative but am wondering if it's something to do with not allowing ads.  Is that even possible?  Any other suggestions for good browsers are very welcome.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I already peeved that the Brave browser stopped connecting to any sites.  Today the DuckDuckGo browser (which I'd only just started using) did the same.  I have no idea what's going on, just that so far Firefox is working.  I'll try Opera again just to have an alternative but am wondering if it's something to do with not allowing ads.  Is that even possible?  Any other suggestions for good browsers are very welcome.

I tried Brave with and without Tor after the power came back online and had no issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: MUST. CORRECT. WRONG. PEOPLE. ALWAYS!

xkcd: Duty Calls

I corrected someone here the other day.  He was wondering about a product but didn't have the name correct.  I mentioned what the name actually was and then went on to explain other things.  I didn't try to make him feel inferior which I think is the intention of some people.  I'd prefer ignorance over arrogance.   Ignorance leaves room for growth.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I corrected someone here the other day.  He was wondering about a product but didn't have the name correct.  I mentioned what the name actually was and then went on to explain other things.  I didn't try to make him feel inferior which I think is the intention of some people.  I'd prefer ignorance over arrogance.   Ignorance leaves room for growth.

So since it is likely we are all ignorant as to who you mean exactly, do we all get a by on the arrogance part?

Edited by Arielle Popstar

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve. I always hate it when people use such a broad brush here in the peeve thread, that it could be about everything and everybody.

I think it's a good thing in a way..

Here is my silver lining I found to that.. hehehe

It makes the dreams come true of all those peoples, that want to make everything to be about them..*smartass grin*

We really need a smartass grin smiley, because the evil grin one, just doesn't work as good.. hehehe

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think it's a good thing in a way..

Here is my silver lining I found to that.. hehehe

It makes the dreams come true of all those peoples, that want to make everything to be about them..*smartass grin*

We really need a smartass grin smiley, because the evil grin one, just doesn't work as good.. hehehe

Since naming them specifically is against the rules, a broad stroke is probably best.  I'll admit to being haughty on occasion but when someone is like that on NUMEROUS threads, it's just tiresome.  I could have added specifics such as...always complaining about the use of the word STORE or some other word that we, Americans, seem not to understand cause "we is stoopid". 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Since naming them specifically is against the rules, a broad stroke is probably best.  I'll admit to being haughty on occasion but when someone is like that on NUMEROUS threads, it's just tiresome.  I could have added specifics such as...always complaining about the use of the word STORE or some other word that we, Americans, seem not to understand cause "we is stoopid". 

Ya, that was my thinking when I was typing it, that we really aren't allowed to name and shame and pin point..

The whole silver lining thing really didn't have to do with anyone at all, but just kind of came to me and made me giggle while I was typing the other stuff..

I just have this habit of trying to find some sort of humor in things to take any edges off.. hehehe

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'll admit to being haughty on occasion but when someone is like that on NUMEROUS INNUMEROUS threads, it's just tiresome. 

Peeve: I don't like "FIFY", but instead will say "I edited your statement and put my own spin on it"!

4 hours ago, graceblakeley said:

Enter a store.

Pick up a demo.

Cannot open it.

Leave to go to sandbox.

Forget to return to store.

Go to a store that sent me a gift card & hit their MM board for another gift card. Pick up some demo clothes. Go to my skybox to try on the demos & some of the clothes I got from the store yesterday. Try on some other clothes that need to be sorted. Toss out some clothes. Sort some clothes. Remember to try on the rest of the clothes from that store. Eventually try on & sort all the new clothes from that store.

Decide I should get rid of a bunch of old clothes. Decide it would be easier to get rid of some skins I'll never wear. Delete a bunch of skins. Remember I need to delete some clothes too. Delete a bunch of old demo clothes. Delete a few old clothes.

Sort my more recent Shop & Hop folders into bigger, older folders that still need to be sorted.

Decide I've been in SL long enough and should log out now.

This was my day in SL today. 😄 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, graceblakeley said:

Enter a store.

Pick up a demo.

Cannot open it.

Leave to go to sandbox.

Forget to return to store.

I've ran into this a couple of times..

What you can try and do is, make sure the folder or box is not in the received folder...then go to the inventory tab and find the box or folder of the demo..

Then add the unpacking hud to your screen.. Right click the unpacking hud when it's on your screen.. Then choose edit and go to the contents tab in the tools and drag everything into the folder it came in..

They may have just forgot to add an unpacking script or something..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Go to a store that sent me a gift card & hit their MM board for another gift card. Pick up some demo clothes. Go to my skybox to try on the demos & some of the clothes I got from the store yesterday. Try on some other clothes that need to be sorted. Toss out some clothes. Sort some clothes. Remember to try on the rest of the clothes from that store. Eventually try on & sort all the new clothes from that store.

Decide I should get rid of a bunch of old clothes. Decide it would be easier to get rid of some skins I'll never wear. Delete a bunch of skins. Remember I need to delete some clothes too. Delete a bunch of old demo clothes. Delete a few old clothes.

Sort my more recent Shop & Hop folders into bigger, older folders that still need to be sorted.

Decide I've been in SL long enough and should log out now.

This was my day in SL today. 😄 

OCD + ADHD FTW!

• Haha 1

Peeve: Buy an item from the MP, no clue if it's from 2024 or 2007. What kind of giver / unpacker will it use?

- Will wearing it result in wearing a box for no reason?

- Will rezzing it result in just a box?

- Will it attach to my HUD, automatically give me the contents, then disappear?

- Will it give me a copy of its giver script for no reason?

- Will I have to Rez it?

- Does it contain No-Copy items and I'll need to pay close attention?

- Will it give me a single item, or a folder?

- Will I need to keep the giver / box or not?

• Like 1

Peeve: My forgetful memory on how many ways there are to unpack something..

I bought a hair fatpack the other day that showed like 20 colors for a bun,bangs and hair bases.. Unpack the fat pack and only see the 20 objects that say like, Black bun, brown bun and so on, but see no bangs or hair bases..

The demo came with everything when I unpacked it from the unpacking hud..20 buns,bangs and hairbases..

I redeliver to see if maybe something went wrong.. The same thing happens again.. So I go ahead and type up a very nice and polite note card to the seller saying, I'm only seeing the buns in the fatpack.. Here is my transaction history and an image of the hair that I had gotten..

They IM'd me back with a kind IM saying, Sweetheart, you need to unpack the items from the unpacker huds..

So instead of thinking I was looking at 20 buns in the pack, I was looking at 20 unpacking huds..

I have to say, I felt really newbish in that interaction, because normally I would have at least tried on the bun first.. but really was more after the bangs that anything.. So not seeing them in there at first and the demo unpacking everything, it threw me off my routine of unpacking.. let alone I was running from store to store.. Also it being one of the more popular stores, I didn't expect to be unpacking 20 more items individually..

Still, I should have caught it.. hehehe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Peeve: My forgetful memory on how many ways there are to unpack something..

I bought a hair fatpack the other day that showed like 20 colors for a bun,bangs and hair bases.. Unpack the fat pack and only see the 20 objects that say like, Black bun, brown bun and so on, but see no bangs or hair bases..

The demo came with everything when I unpacked it from the unpacking hud..20 buns,bangs and hairbases..

I redeliver to see if maybe something went wrong.. The same thing happens again.. So I go ahead and type up a very nice and polite note card to the seller saying, I'm only seeing the buns in the fatpack.. Here is my transaction history and an image of the hair that I had gotten..

They IM'd me back with a kind IM saying, Sweetheart, you need to unpack the items from the unpacker huds..

So instead of thinking I was looking at 20 buns in the pack, I was looking at 20 unpacking huds..

I have to say, I felt really newbish in that interaction, because normally I would have at least tried on the bun first.. but really was more after the bangs that anything.. So not seeing them in there at first and the demo unpacking everything, it threw me off my routine of unpacking.. let alone I was running from store to store.. Also it being one of the more popular stores, I didn't expect to be unpacking 20 more items individually..

Still, I should have caught it.. hehehe

Peeve: 20 HUDs instead of 20 textures controlled with one HUD.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It was a weekend  sale item and I tend to forget that sometimes.. That I could be buying something from any era of SL. 

The style that I had gotten could have been from years ago. Hehehe 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How is it possible that not every designer\builder\merchant in SL is a scripting wonder too? (Me included).

Peeve? ZOMG I have to do something in SL other than to look pretty.......  😉

Edited by Sid Nagy

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The style that I had gotten could have been from years ago. Hehehe

Peeve: ICYMI, I recently went through an "intentional" effort to update my hair / get more hair, complete with a dedicated thread, pics, votes..

The Peeve is: after all that, most styles I preferred were on older products and I'm still using the same hair as before for my daily wear.

• Haha 2