8 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's all to keep my spirits up, to remind myself what is possible, so I can make better choices.

I was getting worked up over your post (because I take a different approach to most things than you do - sorry, it has become painfully obvious) - and then I read this bit.

Good show!!

It is refreshing to read something that I agree with. I won't spoil it by going into all the other stuff.

Peeve: Looking for a Peeve. Was there a peeve in there somewhere?

We need to get this thread back on track. PEEVES, people!

• Like 1

I've recently returned to eating meat, and am trying different sorts gradually.  I discovered my body isn't happy with pork meatballs in tomato sauce.  I have no problem with tomatoes, it's the pork.  I'm hoping I'm not off bacon still, as I used to like it. :/ 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I've recently returned to eating meat, and am trying different sorts gradually.  I discovered my body isn't happy with pork meatballs in tomato sauce.  I have no problem with tomatoes, it's the pork.  I'm hoping I'm not off bacon still, as I used to like it. :/ 

I can relate as I been upping my meat intake along with pork but it doesn't always sit well. Seeing articles about the effects of the nitrates within pork and upping vitamin c to counteract it. Might have to try that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Allergies to pork have been linked to cat allergies.  I learned that a few years ago when a friend consistently had gastro-intestinal issues whenever they had any kind of pork product,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Allergies to pork have been linked to cat allergies.  I learned that a few years ago when a friend consistently had gastro-intestinal issues whenever they had any kind of pork product,

I find this of interest, because while I "know" one can be allergic to just about anything, I was only aware of some people being allergic to beef!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I find this of interest, because while I "know" one can be allergic to just about anything, I was only aware of some people being allergic to beef!

As we been discovering with my Mother, not all beef is created equal as for years she couldn't eat beef because of how they were fed. The grass raised beef on the other hand does not cause her problems.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Most humans have, at least, a mild intolerance to pork. I have to be somewhat careful of the cuts of meat as I've noticed over the decades certain cuts can be more reactive if I don't trim a bit of the fat. Not too much or you lose the nutrients and yummy goodness. 

Seasonings can have a lot to do with it as well. There are seasonings used in sausage I have to be careful of, so I usually stick with the mild or make my own since I can't afford a butcher anymore if there are even any left around here. Mix some beef in with the pork. For meatballs the flavor is better.

Lots of good recipes for beef and sausage meatballs out there.

• Like 3

For anybody having trouble it could be good to get a food allergy test. I discovered a high inflammation marker for several foods.  Coffee (cries) and apples were the worst -- they came in at '3', indicating high inflammation.  Other foods were at '1' or '2' so not as bothersome.  I guess nearly all food causes a bit of inflammation.  So my goal is to try and stay in the '1's' with food choices.

49 minutes ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Peeve: Unzipped/unbuttoned pants and shorts in SL.  When is this fad going to die? Why is it a fad in the first place? I have so many questions. 

x2. It looks dumb. lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Unless they're just too..plump..for their britches, then it looks American!

..is Joke!

Seeing as how a lot of the vendor photos for.these type of items show the JellyRoll add on and/or a belly fats roll layer, safe to say that's the look they're going for.

I tried on a dress the other day that had a belly fat roll built right into the mesh.  Why?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Peeve: Unzipped/unbuttoned pants and shorts in SL.  When is this fad going to die? Why is it a fad in the first place? I have so many questions. 

I have a feeling, They took that from wearing jean shorts with a bikini and slooted it up.. That's the only time I can think of ever walking around with unzipped shorts.. In RL anyways.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

5 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Every single shirt has to have cleavage down to your belly button, every single pair of shorts has to be unzipped down to the trail.... Every single pair of pants has to be  skin tight. Every single pair of shoes has to be heels. Every single AO has to exaggerate feminine poses until the buttons on the clothes pop off, etc. It's extremely hard to find modest clothes that don't look like sh*t. lol. I mean , I do..... It's just a lot of work. D:<!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

Every single shirt has to have cleavage down to your belly button, every single pair of shorts has to be unzipped down to the trail.... Every single pair of pants has to be  skin tight. Every single pair of shoes has to be heels. Every single AO has to exaggerate feminine poses until the buttons on the clothes pop off, etc. It's extremely hard to find modest clothes that don't look like sh*t. lol. I mean , I do..... It's just a lot of work. D:<!

I've been noticing a trend recently with roomier pants to wear with flats.  Love those types.  It is disheartening to go to a shopping event and not find one single.item that isn't pulled up or pushed down.  I can live with sweaters leaving a gap between the pants so.they work with more styles.of bottoms but who the hell wears a long sleeved turtleneck sweater pushed up so 1/2 their boob is showing?  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I've been noticing a trend recently with roomier pants to wear with flats.  Love those types.  It is disheartening to go to a shopping event and not find one single.item that isn't pulled up or pushed down.  I can live with sweaters leaving a gap between the pants so.they work with more styles.of bottoms but who the hell wears a long sleeved turtleneck sweater pushed up so 1/2 their boob is showing?  

Every single time, one tiddy is out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

who the hell wears a long sleeved turtleneck sweater pushed up so 1/2 their boob is showing?  

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

Every single time, one tiddy is out.

I am having trouble envisioning this. Pictures would help..?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Midnoot said:

And 95% of dresses don't cover your butt or anything else...

Okay maybe it's a little less but still. I have more than a few dresses I love the overall look of that just need to be 2-3" longer.

• Like 4