21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I thought it would be good for hearing about neighborhood events or issues (like the police notices that get posted there).  HOWEVER, 85% of it is just neighbors complaining about crap. Another 14% is just advertising.  Only the final 1% is actually things like Police notices for the area.  I have other ways of keeping up on those notices.

IKR!.. omg  things like, Who owns the black truck that keeps speeding down my street! Staaap it!

It felt very much like what I imagine a twitterface to be like.. I just thought it was something the community started up, but seen it's all over the place..

I couldn't delete it fast enough.. I felt like they tricked me into a social media or something.. Bastages!! \o/

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes !!!    We should not have to jump thru hoops to get stuff to rez.  My computer is NOT a potato !!!!

There is still the ongoing problem of misc objects just flat not rezzing until you have either TPd to 1000 other locations or relogged.  That ticks me off to no end.

That or the ever hated TP crash, which sometimes takes 3 attempts at logging back in, because your stuff probably ironman suit jetting itself back to you, after being  scattered across the grid from here to katmandooodoo..  hehehe

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The only 'dress' that my son was ever in was his christening gown (Lutheran christening).  All babies wore gowns for that, regardless of gender.

Mine all went straight into toddler clothes because it was hard to find baby clothes that were made for 24 inch long babies.. hehehehe

I remember holding other peoples babies and was like, omg  your baby is so light!!

I put some of their baby pictures together and they look like a crew ready to go hangout somewhere and do some stuff.. Thug life!! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

IKR!.. omg  things like, Who owns the black truck that keeps speeding down my street! Staaap it!

It felt very much like what I imagine a twitterface to be like.. I just thought it was something the community started up, but seen it's all over the place..

I couldn't delete it fast enough.. I felt like they tricked me into a social media or something.. Bastages!! \o/

Mine is mostly stuff like "Whoever is letting their cat run free and crap all over my yard, STOP IT - and come clean it up"

• Like 3

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Mine is mostly stuff like "Whoever is letting their cat run free and crap all over my yard, STOP IT - and come clean it up"

Oh, that would be me posting that if I had the app.  😁

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Oh, that would be me posting that if I had the app.  😁

There actually aren't that many people that even let there cats run free around here.  Too many coyotes that love kitties as snacks, not to mention the occasional bobcat or mountain lion that manages to wander down from the mountains.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Too many coyotes that love kitties as snacks

People post about coyotes in my area of Florida as a threat to small dogs (!), but I suspect it's mostly B.S. here. I think it may be one of the peeves I listed about what people post in the app.

56 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

People post about coyotes in my area of Florida as a threat to small dogs (!), but I suspect it's mostly B.S. here. I think it may be one of the peeves I listed about what people post in the app.

Well, there are coyotes in all areas of FL and coyotes will attack small dogs, but usually only if they off leash or if the coyote feels threatened (or is really hungry).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When my Mom & I lived in the country on her grape vineyard, her cousin's older Labrador was killed by coyotes. We frequently heard coyotes yowling at night. I saw their droppings full of fur and grape seeds by the vineyards. A neighbor said they would bite into his rubber watering tubing to drink the water.  When I would see a couple while walking out in the vineyards with our dogs, the dogs seemed to know they were not dogs and were not friendly, because they would bark and keep their distance.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, there are coyotes in all areas of FL and coyotes will attack small dogs, but usually only if they off leash or if the coyote feels threatened (or is really hungry).

I suppose then, thank goodness 1) my huskies are huge, and 2) they are too big to dig under the fence and haven't escaped now in a few years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I suppose then, thank goodness 1) my huskies are huge, and 2) they are too big to dig under the fence and haven't escaped now in a few years.

Yeah, unless the coyote is super hungry and feeling very brave, or feeling like their young are in danger, they wouldn't attack a husky --- and most huskies are smart enough not to attack the coyotes either.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, unless the coyote is super hungry and feeling very brave, or feeling like their young are in danger, they wouldn't attack a husky --- and most huskies are smart enough not to attack the coyotes either.

Peeve: You'd think the coyotes would stay well-fed on all the possums! (If my huskies can catch them, then coyotes should be able to.)

Peeve2: Saw a mouse in my house the other day and again today. Guess I need to dig out and base the "humane" mousetraps..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:
5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I thought it would be good for hearing about neighborhood events or issues (like the police notices that get posted there).  HOWEVER, 85% of it is just neighbors complaining about crap. Another 14% is just advertising.  Only the final 1% is actually things like Police notices for the area.  I have other ways of keeping up on those notices.

Peeve: If I used it, I'd ask tonight, "Ok folks, is that gunshots or fireworks I hear tonight?" 

Peeve2: It bothers the pups.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve2: Saw a mouse in my house the other day and again today. Guess I need to dig out and base the "humane" mousetraps..

In my experience humane mouse traps aren't humane at all.  They catch the mouse and don't kill it okay, but you find it covered in sweat and panting if great distress.  It's okay if you check them really frequently I guess, but I'm not a fan.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Or keep them as pets. Like that, you'll never run out of pet peeves to post here for sure! ;)

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There actually aren't that many people that even let there cats run free around here.  Too many coyotes that love kitties as snacks, not to mention the occasional bobcat or mountain lion that manages to wander down from the mountains.

That's why we have a few Mastiff and European Danes outside..They pretty much keep everything out from around the house..

We get wild dogs also which are worse than coyotes, because they are much more bold and not really nocturnal like coyotes. If there are a few of them together they'll go after a full grown man in the open in the daylight.

When our boys are outside, our dogs are right there with them hanging around..They know protecting those boys is their number one job..We also have two that stay in the house.

Those dogs have gotten into it with animals trying to get in around the fence line.. We had one come back all cut and scratched up pretty good and the others just covered in blood. We figured  the one must have  been getting into it with whatever it was and the others jumped in.. We're thinking it was a mountain lion most likely, but we never seen it or found anything or could find where it happened to see fur or anything..

He must have had a good hold on it for the others to not get any cuts or scratches..

Whatever it was, they either tore it up or it barely got away with it's skin..

The thing about them getting into it with something like that, especially at night is, the rest of the wild life around hears  or see's it.. It scares the daylights out of them.. We won't see deer or turkey or hear coyotes or anything for like a month or so after.. hehehe

• Like 5

Peeve: I added a bunch of error handling to my script parser, but now I'm too burned out to test it!

Example: You can define an Event, and then decide whether or not it is an error condition if that Event does not have a Handler defined when it "fires".

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I added a bunch of error handling to my script parser, but now I'm too burned out to test it!

Example: You can define an Event, and then decide whether or not it is an error condition if that Event does not have a Handler defined when it "fires".

This and all that technical talk in the PBR threads make me feel like this...which is my peeve.  😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3