13 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Back when all young children wore "dresses", it wasn't the same issue it is now!

I saw a photograph of my father as a toddler once. He was wearing a dress made out of a flour sack. Seeing that was good for me, I think.

Made it easier to cope with not getting to have Underoos, anyway.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I did that, and more of the booth DID rez -- but still not the demo vendor.

Soooooo . . . I logged out and back in again. And voila! It worked!

Yeeeeesh though.

I don't care what anyone says..Performance hasn't changed much in years if anything it's worse.. We're on better systems nowadays and that's about the only thing that improves performance.. Sooner or later we end up having to get another one because performance goes down..

I remember being in a Club in a sim with 90+ residents every night  that was hooked up to a huge shopping mall and not seeing the lag then like now..Not like I do now with one shopping event with only 50 people in it and way less vendors..

I was on a Dell then also.. The same Dell we pulled out of the closet a few weeks back when my current computer went down..

There is more rubberbanding going on now than I've ever seen.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't care what anyone says..Performance hasn't changed much in years if anything it's worse.. We're on better systems nowadays and that's about the only thing that improves performance.. Sooner or later we end up having to get another one because performance goes down..

I remember being in a Club in a sim with 90+ residents every night  that was hooked up to a huge shopping mall and not seeing the lag then like now..Not like I do now with one shopping event with only 50 people in it and way less vendors..

I was on a Dell then also.. The same Dell we pulled out of the closet a few weeks back when my current computer went down..

There is more rubberbanding going on now than I've ever seen.

This is Maddy's thesis . . . that SL is a bit coming apart at the seams these days, because not enough attention is being paid to maintenance and basic operations. Instead, we're getting . . . PBR?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I saw a photograph of my father as a toddler once. He was wearing a dress made out of a flour sack. Seeing that was good for me, I think.

Made it easier to cope with not getting to have Underoos, anyway.

When I was a baby, boy babies normally got at least 1 keepsake photo in a fancy "dress". Almost forgot that, wonder if I kept baby photos.

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is Maddy's thesis . . . that SL is a bit coming apart at the seams these days, because not enough attention is being paid to maintenance and basic operations. Instead, we're getting . . . PBR?

Well my friend, a very famous one in SL and quite knowledgeable, says that both can be developed at the very same time, and actually ARE -- basic operations AND PBR.

• Like 1

SL CULTISTS!

No, I don't mean PBR lovers!

I mean LeLutka FanGirls!

I use Genus. I've used Genus for literally as long as there has BEEN a Genus: I bought the head in Beta. I LIKE Genus. I think I look NICE in Genus. I did briefly consider switching over the LeLutka (and played with some demos) when it looked like Genus was never going to be updated, but now that it has been, and there are still makeups and such available for it, I feel zero pressure to switch over.

But I have a group of close friends -- LOVELY women, all of them! -- on Discord who are all not merely LeLutka users, but actual proselytes. MISSIONARIES, if you will! With the zeal of True Believers!

And OMG the peer pressure! Constant! "Some day we'll get Scylla to lelutka" appeared on Discord this morning!

It's like answering the door to Jehovah's Witnesses EVERY SINGLE WEEK! "Good morning! Can we have a moment of your time? We'd like to know: have you discovered Our Lord and Master LeLutka?"

/me closes the curtains, turns off the lights, and hides behind her sofa

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 1/10/2024 at 4:52 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

OMG - The drama on Nextdoor is as bad as FB, which is like Junior High all over again.  

I quit that place really fast.

What gets me about Nextdoor is how gullible people are. They really think everyone is their bezzy mate and all the "tradesmen" coming forward to offer their services are genuine. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

SL CULTISTS!

No, I don't mean PBR lovers!

I mean LeLutka FanGirls!

I use Genus. I've used Genus for literally as long as there has BEEN a Genus: I bought the head in Beta. I LIKE Genus. I think I look NICE in Genus. I did briefly consider switching over the LeLutka (and played with some demos) when it looked like Genus was never going to be updated, but now that it has been, and there are still makeups and such available for it, I feel zero pressure to switch over.

But I have a group of close friends -- LOVELY women, all of them! -- on Discord who are all not merely LeLutka users, but actual proselytes. MISSIONARIES, if you will! With the zeal of True Believers!

And OMG the peer pressure! Constant! "Some day we'll get Scylla to lelutka" appeared on Discord this morning!

It's like answering the door to Jehovah's Witnesses EVERY SINGLE WEEK! "Good morning! Can we have a moment of your time? We'd like to know: have you discovered Our Lord and Master LeLutka?"

/me closes the curtains, turns off the lights, and hides behind her sofa

Each time they hit you up, just grab a photo from your many photos and hit them back down with it, Frame N all!! \o/

hehehe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's nice to see you refuse to take the missionary position.

Preserve your rights to be different!

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Each time they hit you up, just grab a photo from your many photos and hit them back down with it, Frame N all!! \o/

hehehe

This is literally what just appeared on Discord:

"You can't escape Lelu forever!"

"ONE OF US! ONE OF US!"

I'm afraid, Ceka!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/11/2024 at 12:48 PM, Rowan Amore said:

My sister is one year older than me but we were basically the same size once I was 3 and she was 4.  She sort of ended up with my hand-me-downs rather than how it usually is after awhile.  She was mean so it was karma, I think.

20 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My younger sister and I both always got new stuff because we were vastly different in sizing.  Lucky her, cuz she hated my taste in clothing anyway.

Some secondborns could luck out in the clothing department. :D  My sister is four years younger than me and she got all the new girl clothes whereas I got all the new boy clothes. My youngest sister, the last born with an age gap of 6 years between her and me, wasn't so lucky. XD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Gross. Crazy unpopular opinion that I've mentioned quite a few times by now I'm sure, but I think Lel creates some gorgeous and very flexible male heads, but their female line is definitely not my favorite to shape. Not a fan of the eyes either, as a person who wears entirely different ones on more occasions than not (and not just different colors - I'm that weirdo who wants little symbols and animations in them, requiring some additional addons and fiddling). Third-party eye appliers need to have that "Left, Right, Both" feature built in to work with Lel's eyes (what is that, Omega or whatever?), and many of my appliers just don't, so I wind up yeeting them out of my head and fully replacing them. And then...I don't like the face animations, but I'm not even getting into that again, lol.

Thing is, if you like Genus - rock Genus. I wear Catwa, AK, and BeSpoke on my female avatars alongside a few Lels I managed to shape into something I can live with sometimes. Catwa and AK primarily for human (Catwa's eyes fully support my mix/match shenanigans, so...human-ish), and BeSpoke and Lel for fantasy. Oh and furry heads, of course. I also don't like Evo X much (shock and awe), but have no trouble finding skins, makeup, tats, addons, effects, and layers for my SLUV heads. Genus is in a slightly unique position having their own brand new UV, but if you like SLUV mode, you can totally stay there and be fine!

I've never had anyone try and push me into wearing more Lel (or anything else, for that matter), and if they did, I'd simply laugh and do that incredibly unattractive thing with my tongue that I can't do with a Lel head and turn my stank face on. The point is to create our own looks - let me live!

Big peeve: Let people live.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Gross. Crazy unpopular opinion that I've mentioned quite a few times by now I'm sure, but I think Lel creates some gorgeous and very flexible male heads, but their female line is definitely not my favorite to shape. Not a fan of the eyes either, as a person who wears entirely different ones on more occasions than not (and not just different colors - I'm that weirdo who wants little symbols and animations in them, requiring some additional addons and fiddling). Third-party eye appliers need to have that "Left, Right, Both" feature built in to work with Lel's eyes (what is that, Omega or whatever?), and many of my appliers just don't, so I wind up yeeting them out of my head and fully replacing them. And then...I don't like the face animations, but I'm not even getting into that again, lol.

Thing is, if you like Genus - rock Genus. I wear Catwa, AK, and BeSpoke on my female avatars alongside a few Lels I managed to shape into something I can live with sometimes. Catwa and AK primarily for human (Catwa's eyes fully support my mix/match shenanigans, so...human-ish), and BeSpoke and Lel for fantasy. Oh and furry heads, of course. I also don't like Evo X much (shock and awe), but have no trouble finding skins, makeup, tats, addons, effects, and layers for my SLUV heads. Genus is in a slightly unique position having their own brand new UV, but if you like SLUV mode, you can totally stay there and be fine!

I've never had anyone try and push me into wearing more Lel (or anything else, for that matter), and if they did, I'd simply laugh and do that incredibly unattractive thing with my tongue that I can't do with a Lel head and turn my stank face on. The point is to create our own looks - let me live!

Big peeve: Let people live.

Well, in fairness, it's LOVING peer pressure! They just don't want me to burn in the eternal hell fires of Genus when Salvation is near at hand! And they're at least half joking (I don't think they're on commission from LeLu???? 🙃)

LeLutka makes nice heads. There are things about them I don't like -- in my case, the mouths, which sometimes seem to be hinged like letterboxes, and more generally I find them a bit jowly. But I actually own something in the region of 10 of them, and I've been converting my alt Laskya to LeLutka, and she looks pretty good in Avalon.

LeLutka sometimes reminds me a bit of the Mac ecosystem, in that they go out of their way to do things for you which you'd sometimes rather just do yourself, and that it's a bit "closed." But I'm not about to argue that they are in any way inferior to Genus or any other mesh head out there: they aren't. They're just not MY thing.

I actually SORT of wish that Genus would abandon it's own HD SLUV, which I don't think is really taking off anyway, and go the way of Catwa and adopt the EvoX one. It's not that I think EvoX is necessarily superior, but it would open up so much more in the way of skins, makeup, tattoos, and add-ons if they did. For better or worse, EvoX is the new standard in SL for mesh heads, and it would probably be best to just roll with that.

I sometimes wonder what is stopping someone from producing an ultra-customizable mesh head that is not tied to a particular "look" (the "LeLutka look," the "Catwa look," the "Genus look," etc.) and that is really and truly fully responsive to all sliders -- and maybe has additional deformers (as Catwa Pro sort of does?). Maybe the technical challenges are too great, but I'm SURE there'd be a market for it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I actually SORT of wish that Genus would abandon it's own HD SLUV, which I don't think is really taking off anyway, and go the way of Catwa and adopt the EvoX one. It's not that I think EvoX is necessarily superior, but it would open up so much more in the way of skins, makeup, tattoos, and add-ons if they did. For better or worse, EvoX is the new standard in SL for mesh heads, and it would probably be best to just roll with that.

So EvoX is about skins for mesh heads?
Peeve: I was thinking to schedule an appointment to get a jab against EvoX one of these days.

:D

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

LeLutka makes nice heads. There are things about them I don't like -- in my case, the mouths, which sometimes seem to be hinged like letterboxes, and more generally I find them a bit jowly. But I actually own something in the region of 10 of them, and I've been converting my alt Laskya to LeLutka, and she looks pretty good in Avalon.

The mouths can be rather difficult to shape, yeah. And there's me trying to shove orc tusks and third-party tongues in there, so it just doesn't quite work out as easily as it does with a brand that gives me a bit more flexibility in that area.

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

LeLutka sometimes reminds me a bit of the Mac ecosystem, in that they go out of their way to do things for you which you'd sometimes rather just do yourself, and that it's a bit "closed." But I'm not about to argue that they are in any way inferior to Genus or any other mesh head out there: they aren't. They're just not MY thing.

Oh Mac - that's a good way to look at it. I do find many of the heads to be rather cemented in their look and difficult to "break." Not all - I've had the most success shaping Lilly and Raven. Had they not been free, though, I probably wouldn't really know that.

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I actually SORT of wish that Genus would abandon it's own HD SLUV, which I don't think is really taking off anyway, and go the way of Catwa and adopt the EvoX one.

Yeahhhhh...definitely not a fan of the HD SLUV MegaK whosits whatsits. Moving everything over to EvoX, though...ew. I cannot tell you how much painnnnnnn and sufferinnnnnnng I go through to find female EvoX skins I don't want to throw out the window. Not to mention the makeup. I'm picky. Peeve.

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I sometimes wonder what is stopping someone from producing an ultra-customizable mesh head that is not tied to a particular "look" (the "LeLutka look," the "Catwa look," the "Genus look," etc.) and that is really and truly fully responsive to all sliders -- and maybe has additional deformers (as Catwa Pro sort of does?). Maybe the technical challenges are too great, but I'm SURE there'd be a market for it.

Yeah, that seems difficult. I do love Catwa's extra sliders and wish more heads had that, but yeah - our current sliders in general are a thing. I'm always bouncing between heads to get different looks instead of trying to mold all my preferences into one.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I had that thing for a little bit because I thought it was just a local thing at first.. I deleted my account soon as I seen it wasn't.

I thought it would be good for hearing about neighborhood events or issues (like the police notices that get posted there).  HOWEVER, 85% of it is just neighbors complaining about crap. Another 14% is just advertising.  Only the final 1% is actually things like Police notices for the area.  I have other ways of keeping up on those notices.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If turning your graphic to low doesn't do it, just leave and come back right away.. That a lot of the time does it for me.. That or CTRL ALT  T to see if you can see where the Demo button is..

14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I did that, and more of the booth DID rez -- but still not the demo vendor.

Soooooo . . . I logged out and back in again. And voila! It worked!

Yeeeeesh though.

Yes !!!    We should not have to jump thru hoops to get stuff to rez.  My computer is NOT a potato !!!!

There is still the ongoing problem of misc objects just flat not rezzing until you have either TPd to 1000 other locations or relogged.  That ticks me off to no end.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When I was a baby, boy babies normally got at least 1 keepsake photo in a fancy "dress". Almost forgot that, wonder if I kept baby photos.

The only 'dress' that my son was ever in was his christening gown (Lutheran christening).  All babies wore gowns for that, regardless of gender.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The only 'dress' that my son was ever in was his christening gown (Lutheran christening).  All babies wore gowns for that, regardless of gender.

Since my mom's side was charismatic, it doesn't sound likely unless it was my dad's side (Methodist but I was too young to know if that was going on then).  It could have been a special "glamour shot" because it looked posed IIRC.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1