1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I assumed you were asking about the current photography trend itself

Yeah, I was. I suppose it is possible that it derives in part from the historical practices of some (very) elite and privileged women, though?

I don't think I can afford that much milk, however. Inflation is real!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah. Looking it up, there's quite a tradition apparently! Anne Boleyn too! (We'll try to overlook the fact that women who had milk baths in history often seem to have ended up violently dead.)

I myself would prefer to emulate Cleopatra by ruling over Egypt.

I' th' Posture of a Whore (Cleopatra)

You ruling over Egypt....Scyll...I just had to check the black tape over my webcam again.....

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, I was. I suppose it is possible that it derives in part from the historical practices of some (very) elite and privileged women, though?

I don't think I can afford that much milk, however. Inflation is real!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/whats-the-deal-with-milk-bath-maternity-photos_n_5af05ba8e4b0c4f19324b8f2

Older article from 2018. Some quotes:

"Photographer Daisy Beatty told HuffPost she first came across the photographic trend a year-and-a-half ago and immediately started offering it to her clients."

We can start by blaming her.

"Google searches turn up milk bath maternity pictures going back to 2014, and a 2017 Women’s Day article said that some have credited photographer Tiffany Burke with starting the trend. The rise of milk bath maternity photography also seems to have come after the concept of postpartum herbal baths hit the U.S. photography scene." 

And her.

There's also a reference to Annie Leibovitz doing it in 1984 with Whoopi, but that's an entirely different context and not related to maternity photos. And then other references way earlier than that, in film.

So for the current social media trend...apparently it's been a thing since the 2010s and we've been under a rock. 😂

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

So for the current social media trend...apparently it's been a thing since the 2010s and we've been under a rock. 😂

Is it too late to crawl back under?

6 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Catherine Parr, not Anne Boleyn, at least according to Wikipedia.   And Elizabeth I, too.

This is undoubtedly true, although in my admittedly hasty Google searches, I ran across references to Anne Boleyn. Perhaps because she's the only one of Henry's wives most people have heard of?

7 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

You ruling over Egypt....Scyll...I just had to check the black tape over my webcam again.....

lolwut?

NVM, I don't want to know . . . 😕

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Is it too late to crawl back under?

Right? I peeve all the time about dumb social media trends taking over every platform I'm trying to get my daily supply of memes on. I don't caaaaaaare about your milk and daisies just give me more comedy skits, gaaaaaah!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Right? I peeve all the time about dumb social media trends taking over every platform I'm trying to get my daily supply of memes on. I don't caaaaaaare about your milk and daisies just give me more comedy skits, gaaaaaah!

What? I DO!!!

2 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Peeve: Peeps using all of mah milk to take baths with.  Milk is for coco puffs, not for bathing dammit!

It's not like SL has a shortage, search inworld for "Dairy" and you'll find loads of suppliers, just make sure you're wearing your Zindra grade big girl panties when you do though, hahaha.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is hucow?

IMG_0716.jpeg

I was going to suggest milk showers, and make a post detailing how only the peasants rely on milk baths... then I remembered where I was posting 🤣  That still did not save me though!  I had to look up hucow 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Well...if floral maternity photos and "ice cream so good" and NPC streams are your jam, I won't judge. Out loud. I'll just peeve and judge silently. 👀

I'll be over in the comedy section tho, cuz...I can't with all that.

Maybe is: Male Sympathetic Pregnancy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Couvade_syndrome#:~:text=Couvade syndrome%2C also called sympathetic,nausea%2C and disturbed sleep patterns.

28 minutes ago, SabrinaCooke said:

Yeah, milk baths have been around literally for ages. LOL. Such a waste of good milk, though. I'd rather make cheese with it. :D 

That's how rich people used to make cheese, make their wives take bathes in it until it started to turn..

Then invite people that thought they were their friends over for cheese and scrumpits..

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Being the Halloween Season, shouldn't we be talking about "blood baths"?

Peeve: Being told someone else needs to use the bathroom, while I am in the middle of my bath!

zbath2.jpeg.03af63ffe790f15be49bc783c80246df.jpeg

Fine, fine, just give me a minute already!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

And for those who are NOT milk-drinkers like @Orwar there's Countess Elizabeth Bathory...

Have you any idea how difficult it is to find enough virgins on the grid to fill a bath tub? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's how rich people used to make cheese, make their wives take bathes in it until it started to turn..

Then invite people that thought they were their friends over for cheese and scrumpits..

:D

Peeve: there is always a greater yield of bathtub cheese / milk / lemonade / gin after m'lady soaks in it. 
Ewww.