1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: my current Huskies won't walk in the rain.

I had a boxer years ago.  He had his ears cropped (not my choice).  He hated going out in the rain until one day, I strapped one of those bucket type hats on him.  Once he got over not liking the hat too much, he didn't mind the rain.  Personally, I hate getting water in my ears so I wondered if that was his issue as well.  Turned out, for him, it was!

7e12a3f78045850fb3ef2e7ed6460791.thumb.jpg.c4057c88bb4fab29c1e5be97963f8270.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: my current Huskies won't walk in the rain.

Peeve: One of our Danes hate thunder but loves getting out in the rain and mud..

If they are in the house they can't try to fit under the bed fast enough.. If they are outside when thunder happens, they are too busy playing in the mud to care about it.. hehehe

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Great idea. You could start a thread in the Lifestyles and Relationship sub-forum for this discussion. Would that be "Interspecies Relationships in SL", Avatars Who Love Mammals", or "Avatars Who Love Breasts"?

Since it's probably - or possibly - just about sex and not relationships, maybe Belephannt should create the topic in the Adult Forums.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I had a boxer years ago.  He had his ears cropped (not my choice).  He hated going out in the rain until one day, I strapped one of those bucket type hats on him.  Once he got over not liking the hat too much, he didn't mind the rain.  Personally, I hate getting water in my ears so I wondered if that was his issue as well.  Turned out, for him, it was!

I've tried hats like that but my problem isn't about water in the ears.  I don't like water running down my neck. My rain hat has a wider brim (not like the frilly one in my forum pic -- more utilitarian and waterproof). 

Peeve: Not ever finding exactly the right hat.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

7e12a3f78045850fb3ef2e7ed6460791.thumb.jpg.c4057c88bb4fab29c1e5be97963f8270.jpg

That truly warmed my stone of a heart. That dog dropped lucky getting you for an owner and thinking outside the box. It's not a nice feeling to get water in the ears, that would have been his issue. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I've tried hats like that but my problem isn't about water in the ears.  I don't like water running down my neck. My rain hat has a wider brim (not like the frilly one in my forum pic -- more utilitarian and waterproof). 

A long rider with a hood works really well. :)

I use one for when I get caught in the rain  when out riding..

Just don't forget to put the hood up right away or you get wet down your back and if for some reason you are sitting as well, your but and legs too.. Depending on how long you forget about putting the hood up.. hehehe

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeve: That the guidelines for this forum are sometimes confusing and often create a chilling effect for potential posters.

Peeve: That the overlords in downtown Frisco want us to use these forums mainly for worship and praise about SL and LL. And as a free extra help desk for their users, with the forumites as free workers.  Not as a forum where people actually discuss things.

why-not-both-5b3b19.jpg

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve: That the overlords in downtown Frisco want us to use these forums mainly for worship and praise about SL and LL. And as a free extra help desk for their users, with the forumites as free workers.  Not as a forum where people actually discuss things.

why-not-both-5b3b19.jpg

You mean they aren't paying you guys?

I guess there is a reason still to have my SuperPremiunExcaliburAccountOfAwesomenessMembership membership Still..

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

My husband does a lot of fishing, rain or shine.  I got him a hat similar to this one.  He loves it!

th.jpg.0d786ec48997f308279f93a3752ec1ef.jpg

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Umbrella_hat.jpg

Edited by Sid Nagy
Finally Saturday! My Edit-hobby day. Yay!
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My husband does a lot of fishing, rain or shine.  I got him a hat similar to this one.  He loves it!

th.jpg.0d786ec48997f308279f93a3752ec1ef.jpg

That looks like it has good airflow, which is like really important once it's raining.. Sweating in the rain is just such a terrible feeling..

I hate the humidity with a passion.. Unless I'm in a steam room..

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeve?: Monoamory is not a word, probably because the idea of being able to love only one other person is so weird.

I read that as Momoary and thought that was the name given for all the people who swoon at the sight of Jason Momoa.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

This is my prefurred hat when walking dogs or taking them to a dog park. It covers the back of my neck well enough to keep me warm and dry. 

1176247417_Wolfhat.jpg.b6b3832f8dd04c6066967477c83e956f.jpg

Bonus feature: When worn with a husky face mask, I look like a furry. 🐺 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I dunno, I don't have any trouble discussing things..

The number of allowed subjects and allowed opinions are too limited. I can see why they don't want politics and religion discussed. But in serious discussions it is way too often walking on eggshells here for my likings.
I stay out of several threads here because of that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1