Getting us back to the topic of this thread, lest it be axed...

PEEVE: People posting helpful inventory management tips in the Pet Peeve thread.

Stop that. Peeves only, please. Next thing you know, people will be flocking to this thread to actually...gasp!...LEARN stuff.

How intensely annoying that would be.

...wanders off to sort overdue library books, muttering under her breath.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

PEEVE: People posting helpful inventory management tips in the Pet Peeve thread.

Stop that. Peeves only, please. Next thing you know, people will be flocking to this thread to actually...gasp!...LEARN stuff.

Peeve: Backseat moderators on forums. 😜🤗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Okay, yah!  Maybe they should have titled this 'where there is a peeve, there is a way'.  

However, Peeve:  With computers, there are usually fifteen different (apps) ways.  

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Com-po-tors can only count to 15! Hex $0-$F!

I don't know but I don't think so.  

With some computer applications coming for PBR, it could be about 50 different ways per application, prolly.  That should be fun.  (shudders)

• Like 1

So, certain creators . . .

I think a month and a half ago or so I posted here about a hat that I'd bought that came with a broken texture HUD. The HUD on the demo had worked fine, but the one with the full product just . . . sat there. Click clickety click, nothing. I tried opening the box again, I tried a redelivery. Still broken.

So I sent a notecard to the creator. No response.

Tonight I was preparing to send a somewhat less well-tempered notecard to the creator again, when I suddenly had an idea: what if the DEMO HUD worked on the actual purchased product?

And guess what? It does.

So problem solved, and I don't have to write a grumpy notecard to the deadbeat creator (this, btw, is NOT an old product).

But yeeesh, dude.

So do I now write a review? At the least, it would let others who buy the product know how to fix the problem.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So do I now write a review? At the least, it would let others who buy the product know how to fix the problem.

I would write it and just explain how to fix the issue...that's not negative, but it lets buyers decide if they want the extra work of downloading the demo too. The creator might even see it and make a change, or offer you a freebie as thanks...though, if they are blanking your requests, maybe not :/

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think a month and a half ago or so I posted here about a hat that I'd bought that came with a broken texture HUD. The HUD on the demo had worked fine, but the one with the full product just . . . sat there. Click clickety click, nothing. I tried opening the box again, I tried a redelivery. Still broken.

Tonight I was preparing to send a somewhat less well-tempered notecard to the creator again, when I suddenly had an idea: what if the DEMO HUD worked on the actual purchased product?

And guess what? It does.

So problem solved, and I don't have to write a grumpy notecard to the deadbeat creator (this, btw, is NOT an old product).

But yeeesh, dude.

I'm curious, does the demo hud rez in the same spot on your screen as the hud that doesn't work?

Just curious if maybe something possibly could be blocking the hud?  Also, did you try a redeliver recently? They may have gotten your first note card and fixed it and not gotten back in touch with you..

Just figured I would ask these before you made your review, cause people not having a problem with theirs can get pretty harsh in the comments in reviews.:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm curious, does the demo hud rez in the same spot on your screen as the hud that doesn't work?

Just curious if maybe something possibly could be blocking the hud?  Also, did you try a redeliver recently? They may have gotten your first note card and fixed it and not gotten back in touch with you..

Just figured I would ask these before you made your review, cause people not having a problem with theirs can get pretty harsh in the comments in reviews.:)

I am reminded of an old bumper sticker, replace "HUD" with "HORN":

"HUD BROKE, WATCH FOR FINGER"

So many things to try: Are the scripts running? Are the scripts present? Probably the creator just screwed up royally and it still only replies to owner or didn't get rights assigned properly. Makes you wonder if much of there other stuff is borked, or just this chapeau.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am reminded of an old bumper sticker, replace "HUD" with "HORN":

"HUD BROKE, WATCH FOR FINGER"

So many things to try: Are the scripts running? Are the scripts present? Probably the creator just screwed up royally and it still only replies to owner or didn't get rights assigned properly. Makes you wonder if much of there other stuff is borked, or just this chapeau.

I'll a lot of times  look in the reviews if I can't figure something out,  to see if what I'm experiencing is something showing up there also.. Sometimes people even put in the fixes or if things are borked and need handled, things like that..

If it's a main hud for the product and there are a bunch of reviews, it'll probably show up there if there are any problems..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'll a lot of times  look in the reviews if I can't figure something out,  to see if what I'm experiencing is something showing up there also.. Sometimes people even put in the fixes or if things are borked and need handled, things like that..

If it's a main hud for the product and there are a bunch of reviews, it'll probably show up there if there are any problems..

Also, if the Demo HUD works..makes you wonder if they have cross-compatibility with the different hats/HUDs or maybe just between "demo" and "release". 

Peeve: "It's like trying to put a 5 dollar hat on a nickle head! (It's about that hat-rack!)" - Parliament, "Agony of Defeet", Trombipulation (album).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Also, if the Demo HUD works..makes you wonder if they have cross-compatibility with the different hats/HUDs or maybe just between "demo" and "release". 

Peeve: "It's like trying to put a 5 dollar hat on a nickle head! (It's about that hat-rack!)" - Parliament, "Agony of Defeet", Trombipulation (album).

Or maybe they got them turned around and put the demo in the product and the hud in the demo.. hehehe

Some silly sellers put a dud hud in just to show what the hud looks like rezzed on your screen, but it has nothing in it.. One of the silliest things i ever seen in a demo..

Here is a demo of the product and since I don't know how to make a demo hud, or am so scared that you might be able to rip me off in some way that I'm not aware of, here is a demo dud hud just so you can see the hud too..

hehehehe

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Some silly sellers put a dud hud in just to show what the hud looks like rezzed on your screen, but it has nothing in it.. One of the silliest things i ever seen in a demo..

Yeah, was wondering about that possibility too. Great minds stink alike! ("I smell BRAINS!" - zombies)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I would write it and just explain how to fix the issue...that's not negative, but it lets buyers decide if they want the extra work of downloading the demo too. The creator might even see it and make a change, or offer you a freebie as thanks...though, if they are blanking your requests, maybe not :/

I wrote a review praising the look of the object, but noting the HUD problem and the lack of a response from the creator -- because I think it's fair to alert other buyers to customer service issues, particularly if there IS a problem with the item (as there is in this case). I think (hope) I was not unkind: I explained the solution, gave the item three stars, and explained I'd have given it five were it not for the problems.

By way of contrast, I wrote another review for another item from a different creator last night as well. I'd gifted a bus to a friend, and he couldn't work out where it was, because it didn't appear in the folder. (You had to rez a bus stop that was in the folder, and then "call" the bus (i.e., rez it) using that.) Both he and I had sent notecards to the creator asking about it, and she'd got back to us with very friendly, cheerful, and helpful IMs quite quickly. I wanted to write a review about how good the service was, but couldn't -- apparently you can't write a review if you gifted something. So I bought a car from the same maker, essentially so that I could write a nice review about the customer service on that product.

52 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Yeah, HUD position, and place where I wore it (my own parcel) were all the same for both proper HUD and demo one. I also got a redelivery last night just to be sure. Same problem.

If the creator gets back to me helpfully, I'll happily delete the review -- although, as I say, it's not a mean one.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, HUD position, and place where I wore it (my own parcel) were all the same for both proper HUD and demo one. I also got a redelivery last night just to be sure. Same problem.

If the creator gets back to me helpfully, I'll happily delete the review -- although, as I say, it's not a mean one.

I know you would be nicer than me about it.. hehehehe

If they don't tell you why it took so long then I wouldn't bother taking it down.. customer service is something people should know also..:) < That's an evil smile  hehehehe

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, right Ceka.

Because you are notoriously so mean! 🙄

I'm just a little high strung this morning.. hehehe

They closed the schools today so this kids are home.. I can't remember the last time they closed them for High wind warnings before..

We're about to get hit with this storm line coming though in a couple of minutes, but they said we're gonna have high winds long after with 60 mile an hour gusts  all the way until like 7 tonight.. so it's about to get interesting.. hehehe

I'd rather have them here than at school I guess..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm just a little high strung this morning.. hehehe

They closed the schools today so this kids are home.. I can't remember the last time they closed them for High wind warnings before..

We're about to get hit with this storm line coming though in a couple of minutes, but they said we're gonna have high winds long after with 60 mile an hour gusts  all the way until like 7 tonight.. so it's about to get interesting.. hehehe

I'd rather have them here than at school I guess..

Here's hoping it is very much not "interesting".

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Windy here too, "Rip Current" warnings.  I'm just hoping it blows the oak blooms off the trees.

Peeve: Oak blooms in the swimming pool for weeks otherwise.

I know south of us, they are really getting it bad.. They're getting close to 80 MPH winds that are lasting like 30 seconds.

Alabama where it's hitting they have them on the thunderstorm warning that is the level down from tornado warning.. They're telling them to get in their safe spots..

We haven't had anything too bad here.. the storm came through real fast here..

If you're anywhere south of us and down in all that going on.. Be safe.

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And guess what? It does.

But yeeesh, dude.

I would and I would definitely include the work around. They should already have the demo if they've bought the product, unless of course they got a little ahead of themselves and deleted the demo.

• Like 1

Threads mostly filled with just a single person talking, over and over.

Small peeve - Will only have limited SL access for the next week because of vacation
(but of course, the vacation itself totally offsets the peeve)

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1