38 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I guess shaving one's um, cat isn't popular.

I certainly know the struggle with Husky hair! Them fluffy butts just drip hair.  And no, shouldn't shave huskers either.

Pet peeve: People who say "You should shave your husky".  They know not.

Yea, I see people shave their dogs when it gets hot.. I'm like have you ever heard of insulation?

It doesn't just work in the winter time..

I hate when people do that.

• Like 2

Just now, Coffee Pancake said:

This is why they invented Nair.

She wouldn't even let me back there to try and clean things up.  I had to take her to the vet who suggested 'trimming' that area.  It looked pretty well shaved when I got her back.  She just lost all hope of keeping herself clean toward her last few months.  

• Sad 4

Just now, Krystina Ferraris said:

If it’s a sanitary shave (I had a couple of elder longhair cats with GI tract issues) I wouldn’t see a problem with that 😀

Just wanted to add, as cats age they can develop arthritis and other issues that prevent them from successfully grooming themselves. Cats are fastidious creatures when it comes to grooming so it’s a good thing to try and help them in any way we can 💕💕

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:
8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

What about shaving your old long-haired cat's bum?

If it’s a sanitary shave (I had a couple of elder longhair cats with GI tract issues) I wouldn’t see a problem with that 😀

Such as, in the case of the dreaded "matted hair back there".

*edit* Oooh! A "meta" Pet Peeve! A pet peeve about pets' pet peeves.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Can we get back on topic....PLEASE

Peeve: Having to read 10 -15 posts that have nothing to do with the thread at all.

Which topic exactly?  Dingleberries on my cat's bum are certainly a big peeve of mine.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Can we get back on topic....PLEASE

Peeve: Having to read 10 -15 posts that have nothing to do with the thread at all.

Dear Sir and/or Madam, please to post a Pet Peeve! Thankyouverramuch <= said in Elvis voice.  Then we can enjoy it with you / commiserate with you on it / laff at and/or with you.

Restated: At the office, occasionally you read the phrase, "Please to do the needful". 

*edit* Waitaminute - you DID post a pet peeve! Have we been punk'd?

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Pet peeve:

Vienna sausages for that emergency moment and craving are all being shorted.

Libby's, Armour (gross), even the better leaner tasting Great Value brand.

Notice how many cans have the missing sausage in the middle now? Used to be a once in a great while thing... now it's once in a great while you get a full can!

Edited by Kavarek
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Check out my post above. 😁

Oh man, I haven't heard many covers around here. I WISH I did, though. That would be a lot better!

Peeve: Not enough fun mariachi covers being played at these parties!

Oh btw, that Tiny Desk concert has some amazing tunes in it omg. If they were blasting that? I would be singing along!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Could you direct me to that thread please so I can post this picture in the appropriate place...

413704491_R-2022-06-27T154231_872.jpeg.1bd11bc9d44c9762678273f603d37192.jpeg

I need to show this to my little buddy so he'll stop chewing his fur off. He gets so lost in his grooming he over does it. And if you start scratching his back, he will never leave you alone!

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 3