How to report sex ag* play

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

1 hour ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Like I said the avatar looked like a pre teen or teen, I'll spare everyone the details of what they were doing.

Ok, I didn't catch that one. Fair point. In that case you should AR said account(s) but in my defense, OP's initial post didn't mention anything that could indicate ***** of that nature.

My point also still stands though.

Edited by CaithLynnSayes
guess the censored word, lol.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Ok, I didn't catch that one. Fair point. In that case you should AR said account(s) but in my defense, OP's initial post didn't mention anything that could indicate ***** of that nature.

My point also still stands though.

I think there's been so many threads of varying tone orbiting this topic over the years that everyone tends to get a little skittish whenever the subject is mentioned, so it's understandable that some people may jump to erroneous conclusions and assume the thread is just a continuation of past discourse.

As has been pointed out already the process of filing an AR for this type of incident is essentially the same as any other.  Take screenshots, list names and times and any facts that are pertinent, that's pretty much all you need to do.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Because we're leery of the digital equivalent of cop-calling Karens. 

This is pretty offensive. I'm not a Karen for wanting to know how to report something that is clearly  against the TOS. I've reported racist, transphobic and homophobic remarks/objects too, does that make me a Karen?

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

I think there's been so many threads of varying tone orbiting this topic over the years that everyone tends to get a little skittish whenever the subject is mentioned, so it's understandable that some people may jump to erroneous conclusions and assume the thread is just a continuation of past discourse.

Aye. Haven't been here for most of what you mentioned but even I've seen my fair share of crossfire over this. Some people mean well but can end up overzealous in their accusations and since it's such an emotionally charged topic, the slightest pushback is ending badly.

I don't know if the thread starter is overzealous or not. Don't care if they are either. This isn't for me or anyone here to judge but for Linden Lab and as such, the thread is technically answered. Send an AR with proof, let the support sort it out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, belindacarson said:

keyboard warrior alert:

If this is aimed at me, I'm not a keyboard warrior for wanting to know how to report something ive never reported before. I had some questions that were answered respectfully  by the first two people who responded. If your post was just intended to call me a keyboard warrior...then well done. 🙄

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

If this is aimed at me, I'm not a keyboard warrior for wanting to know how to report something ive never reported before. I had some questions that were answered respectfully  by the first two people who answered my question. If your post was just intended to call me a keyboard warrior...then well done. 🙄

I never called you a keyboard warrior, I called other spammers on the forum keyboard warriors.  Please keep ypur spam factually correct dear :)

• Like 1

I'm not sure of all the categories there are in the report options, since I really haven't used them very much over the years here.. But I remember there is an option for taking a screenshot with the tools, which I thought was nice, since they get a raw unedited version straight to them..

If I couldn't find a category, I just kind of treated it like dealing with those stupid phone machines when you call a service.. just get someone human on the line, so just pick any one of them and it I'll end up there sooner or later..

But for that subject matter, I would think there is something in there.. if not, shoot to the closest one you can find and it will probably be handed off to who it needs to reach.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Sometimes I get a good feeling I should just read the OP and that's it.. This was one of those times..

God forbid you make a thread about sex age@ play here apparently. The forums sacred cow. Do not speak of it. Pretty f-ed up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quistess Alpha said:

"age > *****" is the first category in the in-world "report abuse" window, right above "Assault > ..." and "Disclosure > Real world information"

Ya, I can't even remember the last time I used those tools, maybe 2007.. So I have no idea where anything is and I don't even know if that was in there yet back then.. hehehe

34 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

God forbid you make a thread about sex age@ play here apparently. The forums sacred cow. Do not speak of it. Pretty f-ed up. 

There is a very long nasty history with that topic in the forums since way back. I can see you were trying not to go into too much details, but I kind of figured out what you were saying..

I would say with this kind of topic, A bit more details without being too descriptive can save  on headaches.. hehehe

6 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Yesterday I was at a store in sl and was dissapointed to see this happening. I looked at the profile of the female avatar that looked pre-teen or young teen and it stated  "despite looking short, I am 18 years old.". Is that enough to protect this person from being reported by me or warned by LL?  They weren't talking in open chat.

You saw WHAT happening? You saw a person who looked pre-teen or young teen. You mention a "they" but I don't see a connection. I see child avies on a regular basis, always feel uncomfortable, but I have never seen anything that could be, by any stretch of my imagination, against TOS or my own ethics. I avoid being around child avies, I don't report them. If you actually saw something, DO repport it. If you were guessing or imagining, I would let it drop.

3 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

They were at a store using adult furniture, which is why I called this thread how to report sex ag@ play...

Ah, ok, now I get it. Doesn't have to be an "adult" store..almost all the furniture I try in SL has Adult options or an A version and a PG version. Anyway, what you saw was what appeared to be sex play between somebody and a "child" or teen avie. If I saw that, I'd probably do an abuse report. I'm not Karen but give me a break..it's gross! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.