Male avatars with big bodies and small heads

Cate Foulsbane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I was going to make my male alt into a comically tiny head look and post an image here for comic effect, but I couldn't even figure out how to get my avatar to look as bad as half the men I see in SL, even when I dialed head size to zero and muscles plus shoulders both to 100.

I'm now at a loss as to just how some guys manage to screw up their shape so much, when I failed to do it even on purpose... 😮

Either I'm short or everyone else is a giant

This is me in March 🤣. I had a LOT of help. If you see any guys who don't want to look like a mess, just send them to a gay sim. I mean look at me here. Tiny legs, massive shoulders, wriggly eyebrows and gorilla arms

Edited by Robberinthemuseum
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

This is me in March 🤣. I had a LOT of help. If you see any guys who don't want to look like a mess, just send them to a gay sim. I mean look at me here. Tiny legs, massive shoulders, wriggly eyebrows and gorilla arms

I ran my male avatar by my younger son (he's a bodybuilder; not gay, but bi) and he said, "Yeah... no.  His biceps are bigger than his calves.  He looks like he's never done leg day at the gym, like ever."

I've never forgotten that.  He's in much better proportional shape now :)

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Modulated said:

I don't get all this preoccupation with 'proportional' avatars..It IS Second Life after all.  I also notice that people who call others out also have weird looking avatars but again, it's Second Life. lol Just let folks look how they wanna look in peace.

There is letting people look however they wish and then there is the matter of finding those that don't know any better. It is a bit of that, "You have something on your teeth." thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If ALL skulls were the same size, they wouldn't need sizes for those cowboy hats.

Hat Sizing Chart (iastate.edu)

There's a Parliament song, "Agony of Defeet" with lyrics:

Tryin' to put a size twelve foot
In a size eight shoe (you know that won't do)
It's like putting on a five dollar hat
On a nickel head (It's about that hat rack)

21 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Unless the gay sim has a swim team, then they will go out looking just as they arrived

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 7:25 PM, Robberinthemuseum said:

A lot of guys don't realize when they're adjusting the shape that comes with a skin (which is usually too short and makes them tiny next to other males)

Which is why I say in my profile: "Setting your height slider to 100 doesn't give you an A+, it just makes you a giant."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KjartanEno said:

Which is why I say in my profile: "Setting your height slider to 100 doesn't give you an A+, it just makes you a giant."

I go with average every time ahah. But yeah, the slider is set to 100 😜. I need it for the animations and group poses to work. And also, when I was smaller, people kept thinking I was into age p!ay 🤷 and most people won't talk to other people into that (I'm all about the conversatios). So I adjusted ^^. I also have a couple of tiny avatars i hang out in sometimes and recently made a werewolf. 🐺 

5 minutes ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

If the dark-haired guy in forefront is you, well done!   Maybe not perfect, but well done..and not all all the deformed look I sometimes see.

that was me before, this is me after they helped me. :P (I realize i look a bit gay but that's okay haha)

Snapshot_009.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

But yeah, the slider is set to 100 😜. I need it for the animations and group poses to work.

What do you mean about the slider set at 100 for animations and group poses to work? What kind of animations and poses...for photos? One more thing I never heard before in SL. Forever noobie...

• Like 1

Just now, Cate Foulsbane said:

What do you mean about the slider set at 100 for animations and group poses to work? What kind of animations and poses...for photos? One more thing I never heard before in SL. Forever noobie...

well if you're dancing with somebody you start floating if you're too short and also sexy animations 😜

2 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

well if you're dancing with somebody you start floating

Hmm...I can't remember if that's happened to me while dancing with somebody on a couples pose.  Often one or the other of us is too high off the floor or feet down IN the floor, but that can be fixed sorta kinda by doing the hover adjustment. 

3 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I go with average every time ahah. But yeah, the slider is set to 100 😜. I need it for the animations and group poses to work. And also, when I was smaller, people kept thinking I was into age p!ay 🤷 and most people won't talk to other people into that (I'm all about the conversatios). So I adjusted ^^. I also have a couple of tiny avatars i hang out in sometimes and recently made a werewolf. 🐺 

I don't get it. My avatar is over 2 meters (prim size and "height" according to Firestorm) tall, my height slider is set to 60, I use a male shape, and yet people would THINK that's being into AP (which seems to be a censored word)?? My RL height is 5 feet 6 inches and I'm over 50 years of age. Is there something seriously wrong with you people even considering a height setting of 100 as Necessary to be considered an Adult?

Be what you want to be, but don't go making silly assumptions about others who refuse to be giants.

Edited by KjartanEno
censorship of words make for misunderstood conversations
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KjartanEno said:

I don't get it. My avatar is over 2 meters (prim size and "height" according to Firestorm) tall, my height slider is set to 60, I use a male shape, and yet people would THINK that's being into AP (which seems to be a censored word)?? My RL height is 5 feet 6 inches and I'm over 50 years of age. Is there something seriously wrong with you people even considering a height setting of 100 as Necessary to be considered an Adult?

Be what you want to be, but don't go making silly assumptions about others who refuse to be giants.

I know it's silly isn't it. Also wtf is with AP being censored? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

Are you going to explain HIRAGANA to me? Or are you going to force me to Google which, lately, might as well be dial-up Internet. 

Japanese has 3 types of writing, each completely different (with different "character sets" or "fonts" in computer terms):

1) Kanji - these are pictographs, generally based on Chinese characters, but with a different "reading" and meaning for the word than the Chinese version.

2) Hiragana - this is a phonetic alphabet. One example use is to "spell out" the phonetic reading for a kanji that the reader may not know. Alternatively, to provide a way to depict a Japanese word besides Kanji.

3) Katakana - like Hiragana, this is also a phonetic alphabet. It is used to depict "foreign" / non-Japanese words for which there is no word in Japanese. It uses the same alphabet as Hiragana, but a different representation for each character.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.