Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Belleza just teased this add-on mod today (a dainty/petite chest version for both bodies):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21904261@N02/52667118337/

It looks like they are starting to get a little more into the game now.. hehehehe

They'll just need to have people rig for it, which hopefully it doesn't get too sidelined like the others have.. That'll be like at the very least, four petite versions out there now to add to the rigging..

What would really help them out a lot would be doing something like Erika and building that stuff into the hud and body, but I don't think that's gonna happen..  Would be nice though.. :)

Myself, I finally went to, This Is Wrong and found a material layer that works with the body, So my neck seam problem is gone now..  That was one of my major pains with the body.. I hate that i had to go 3rd party to get it done, but it's done, so that's all that really matters..

It still has a way to go to pull me off my reborn and Erika though, but I'm just glad to see they are  moving a little quicker than they did with the older bodies, so hopefully  everyone has a better run with these versions :)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It looks like they are starting to get a little more into the game now.. hehehehe

They'll just need to have people rig for it, which hopefully it doesn't get too sidelined like the others have.. That'll be like at the very least, four petite versions out there now to add to the rigging..

What would really help them out a lot would be doing something like Erika and building that stuff into the hud and body, but I don't think that's gonna happen..  Would be nice though.. :)

Myself, I finally went to, This Is Wrong and found a material layer that works with the body, So my neck seam problem is gone now..  That was one of my major pains with the body.. I hate that i had to go 3rd party to get it done, but it's done, so that's all that really matters..

It still has a way to go to pull me off my reborn and Erika though, but I'm just glad to see they are  moving a little quicker than they did with the older bodies, so hopefully  everyone has a better run with these versions :)

I don't know - I'd be kind of surprised if many designers rig for it. With the flurry of body surveys out there now, creators have already made some adjustments to their offerings. Some picked up one body and not the other, even. I don't think it's tooooo much extra work to rig for a chest mod, but considering they're already overwhelmed enough to ask customers what they absolutely must have - maybe. 

There's only one store I know of that consistently rigs for an insane number of bodies and mods. Lara, Lara Petite, Lara Flat, Lara & Freya V-Tech, Lara & Freya Simple Stuff, Legacy F, Legacy Petite, Kupra flat, Jake, Legacy M, Gianni, Kario, Davis, and CZ Slim... not everything in every single release (omg imagine?), but generally, you can expect each item to fit at least 5-8 bodies/mods. And honestly, even she hasn't picked up Reborn or Gen X yet. I wouldn't be surprised if she added the Gen X perky mods, but who knows - I have to imagine she's just gonna stick with what she's got for now. There's sooooooooooooooo much!😄

That reminds me - there's also another male body coming with built-in add-ons from the sound of it (from MaleDiction, I believe), and Belleza was teasing the idea of dropping a new male Gen X body of their own eventually, so it won't be long before the guys find themselves in our same predicament. 😂

Glad you got your neck issues sorted, though! And I'm with you on staying put. I'm just going to keep sitting in my little single body corner while the market figures itself out. All I know is my next body will be male. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see who does what and what gains traction. I am in noooo rush. Everything is crazy right now with bodies dropping out of the sky and everything. 🤣

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I don't know - I'd be kind of surprised if many designers rig for it. With the flurry of body surveys out there now, creators have already made some adjustments to their offerings. Some picked up one body and not the other, even. I don't think it's tooooo much extra work to rig for a chest mod, but considering they're already overwhelmed enough to ask customers what they absolutely must have - maybe. 

There's only one store I know of that consistently rigs for an insane number of bodies and mods. Lara, Lara Petite, Lara Flat, Lara & Freya V-Tech, Lara & Freya Simple Stuff, Legacy F, Legacy Petite, Kupra flat, Jake, Legacy M, Gianni, Kario, Davis, and CZ Slim... not everything in every single release (omg imagine?), but generally, you can expect each item to fit at least 5-8 bodies/mods. And honestly, even she hasn't picked up Reborn or Gen X yet. I wouldn't be surprised if she added the Gen X perky mods, but who knows - I have to imagine she's just gonna stick with what she's got for now. There's sooooooooooooooo much!😄

That reminds me - there's also another male body coming with built-in add-ons from the sound of it (from MaleDiction, I believe), and Belleza was teasing the idea of dropping a new male Gen X body of their own eventually, so it won't be long before the guys find themselves in our same predicament. 😂

Glad you got your neck issues sorted, though! And I'm with you on staying put. I'm just going to keep sitting in my little single body corner while the market figures itself out. All I know is my next body will be male. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see who does what and what gains traction. I am in noooo rush. Everything is crazy right now with bodies dropping out of the sky and everything. 🤣

The only thing that  worries me about stores rigging for so many bodies is, a lot of that time to get things out,  has to be hampering time spent on creativity, you would think..

Either way, Ya, it's the mens turn to get the flood of bodies.. hehehe

They are long over due.:D

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I don't know - I'd be kind of surprised if many designers rig for it.

Most won't for sure. There's no reason to other than "this mod exists". If anything I do notice some creators dropping already existing chest variations for the way more popular mods/options. Legacy Perky's support never was "full" to begin with, but despite still selling relatively well (based on the bodies charts) the support for it got less over the years, and when mounds for Reborn got all trendy last year lots of stores were rigging for them. Some still do, but a number dropped support by now.

So it's nice that Belleza does something this time around instead of disappearing for a few years again, but creating a mod and people/creators adopting it are two different things. And in my opinion it won't help them to get popularity/numbers either. Aside of the terrible pricing model other thing that did/does hurt the Gen X bodies are having two of them instead of one, in already oversaturated market. Those mods will only make it worse from that perspective.

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Either way, Ya, it's the mens turn to get the flood of bodies.. hehehe

Nah. Bodies like Kario, Davis (and Geralt before it) and that new CZ Slim pretty much "exist" compared to the main 3 (If count Legacy M and Athletic as one, which is pretty much the case). Some shopping/fashion enthusiasts have an option to do something with those extra bodies/looks, but numbers and support are not there, and never will be.

Jake's replacement would be interesting, but if pricing and lack of support will be the same as with the female X bodies, then I doubt guys are going to rush and buy it too. Not counting bloggers and dedicated flickr users, of course.

Now if Belleza did learn something about what I'd call a big failure of Gen X launch, they will offer an upgrade path for Jake's users and then the transition from Jake to its replacement will go much better. But we'll see if they did, it's still Belleza we are talking about, learning from past mistakes is not their strong side.

Gen X's hands still don't have P0 idle animations even in the newest update, and it has been the issue ever since last gen's bento update. Included hands animations are P5, so will override any bento AO and must be disabled if anyone wants want their AO to actually work. Not an issue if you stand still or walk, but an issue if you sit and furniture doesn't have bento animations for hands, making it so for everyone else your hands do that infamous "spray" pose. All they had to do is to make default idle animation P0 so it could be kept on at all times, but nope, it's an impossible task apparently.

Edited by steeljane42
typos
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Most won't for sure. There's no reason to other than "this mod exists". If anything I do notice some creators dropping already existing chest variations for the way more popular mods/options. Legacy Perky's support never was "full" to begin with, but despite still selling relatively well (based on the bodies charts) the support for it got less over the years, and when mounds for Reborn got all trendy last year lots of stored were rigging for them. Some still do, but a number dropped support by now.

So it's nice that Belleza does something this time around instead of disappearing for a few years again, but creating a mod and people/creators adopting it are two different things. And in my opinion it won't help them to get popularity/numbers either. Aside of the terrible pricing model other thing that did/does hurt the Gen X bodies are having two of them instead of one, in already oversaturated market. Those mods will only make it worse from that perspective.

Nah. Bodies like Kario, Davis (and Geralt before it) and that new CZ Slim pretty much "exist" compared to the main 3 (If count Legacy M and Athletic as one, which is pretty much the case). Some shopping/fashion enthusiasts have an option to do something with those extra bodies/looks, but numbers and support are not there, and never will be.

Jake's replacement would be interesting, but if pricing and lack of support will be the same as with the female X bodies, then I doubt guys are going to rush and buy it too. Not counting bloggers and dedicated flickr users, of course.

Now if Belleza did learn something about what I'd call a big failure of Gen X launch, they will offer an upgrade path for Jake's users and then the transition from Jake to its replacement will go much better. But we'll see if they did, it's still Belleza we are talking about, learning from past mistakes is not their strong side.

Gen X's hands still don't have P0 idle animations even in the newest update, and it has been the issue ever since last gen's bento update. Included hands animations are P5, so will override any bento AO and must be disabled if anyone wants want their AO to actually work. Not an issue if you stand still or walk, but an issue if you sit and furniture doesn't have bento animations for hands, making it so for everyone else your hands do that infamous "spray" pose. All they had to do is to make default idle animation P0 so it could be kept on at all times, but nope, it's an impossible task apparently.

That body would do way worse than the latest sets I would imagine..

I can't even count how many guys I tried get, to go get the lelutka free head and were like, Meh.. I gotta head.. hehehehe

I was telling everyone about that head too.. hehehe 

They sure wouldn't pay no 5500 for one..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Most won't for sure. There's no reason to other than "this mod exists". If anything I do notice some creators dropping already existing chest variations for the way more popular mods/options. Legacy Perky's support never was "full" to begin with, but despite still selling relatively well (based on the bodies charts) the support for it got less over the years, and when mounds for Reborn got all trendy last year lots of stored were rigging for them. Some still do, but a number dropped support by now.

Agree! I think at this point, the demand for a zillion variations per body is going to slow down development. I need this in petite, omg can you do this in juicy, omg I have rolls can you make this support rolls, ahhh I need squish, would you mind making a thigh version... on and on and on. Creators are going to burn right out one of these days!

As someone who does appreciate a good unisex wardrobe, I looooove when designers include V-Tech or Lara Flat fits or make outfits for both male and female bodies and toss them in the same package, but I'd never even think to ask them to do it. It's just too much. And now to think they're going to be faced with yet another set of chest mods. And that isn't the end - Belleza does say in the teaser that more add-ons will be coming. Aaaaah!

I do think, though, that Belleza probably should've done what Ceka suggested and included the chest variations in with the body - especially with that price tag.

19 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That body would do way worse than the latest sets I would imagine..

I can't even count how many guys I tried get, to go get the lelutka free head and were like, Meh.. I gotta head.. hehehehe

I was telling everyone about that head too.. hehehe 

They sure wouldn't pay no 5500 for one..

Oh and speaking of mens bodies and variations, I do think MaleDiction might have a good shot at it. Considering he makes clothing and has his own mod already, he could outfit his own body, so that might not work out too badly.

Belleza's male body is going to need some new features - it's time. Men will buy in if there's a good reason. CZ Slim has the feet I've been dying for and a slender frame. MaleDiction's going to be focusing on customization/mods and stressed it will be a body for every body, which could be fun, so Belleza's going to have to bring something new to the table as well. Guys want some variety, too - another muscle bod won't cut it.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

After all the fanfare on this and my own strong desires to go with gen-x which had so many things I wanted...

I ended up on eBody Reborn.

It was Mod out of the gate, and had the 'Mounds' addon which when dialed down enough gave me the look I wanted. Gen-X took too long to go Mod. They should have launched with it as it was an advertised feature. Waiting to be perfect before it's Mod was the wrong call - as having a Mod version right away would have only helped find issues faster.

The new chest add-on is just trying to ride Maitreya;s winds of being for small busted avatars. Freya was always a choice for the other direction - curvy and more busty. "Fat Tids" (what's with these names...) was great on Freya for the busty look though it had weird nipples.

Gen-X lacks anything there, and the built in genital prop down below, while great, seems to have angered all the furries for using the same rigging point as tails. A choice I agreed with Belleza on at the time, but am not certain of now.

I don't care for the shape of eBody ReBorn as much - the butt is just odd. But I was able to fix that with an unscripted deformer which, since it was mod - I linked to the body and have been able to "forget about".

Plus the pricing was intense, so none of my alts could get Gen.X, but I got eBody 3 times.

I get that Belleza needs to charge because unlike Maitreya they don't sell much else other than the body. But the solution there is to start selling more mesh than just the body, rather than having the most expensive body on the market (that I know of) with not much in-house support.

Yeah, they've had sales - but those require being around at the right time.

I would love to support the body, but it's not going in the direction I wanted.

1 hour ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

After all the fanfare on this and my own strong desires to go with gen-x which had so many things I wanted...

I ended up on eBody Reborn.

It was Mod out of the gate, and had the 'Mounds' addon which when dialed down enough gave me the look I wanted. Gen-X took too long to go Mod. They should have launched with it as it was an advertised feature. Waiting to be perfect before it's Mod was the wrong call - as having a Mod version right away would have only helped find issues faster.

The new chest add-on is just trying to ride Maitreya;s winds of being for small busted avatars. Freya was always a choice for the other direction - curvy and more busty. "Fat Tids" (what's with these names...) was great on Freya for the busty look though it had weird nipples.

Gen-X lacks anything there, and the built in genital prop down below, while great, seems to have angered all the furries for using the same rigging point as tails. A choice I agreed with Belleza on at the time, but am not certain of now.

I don't care for the shape of eBody ReBorn as much - the butt is just odd. But I was able to fix that with an unscripted deformer which, since it was mod - I linked to the body and have been able to "forget about".

Plus the pricing was intense, so none of my alts could get Gen.X, but I got eBody 3 times.

I get that Belleza needs to charge because unlike Maitreya they don't sell much else other than the body. But the solution there is to start selling more mesh than just the body, rather than having the most expensive body on the market (that I know of) with not much in-house support.

Yeah, they've had sales - but those require being around at the right time.

I would love to support the body, but it's not going in the direction I wanted.

They shot themselves in the foot from the get-go with their pricing and other decisions. I think they were hoping to ride off nostalgia and name, but a lot of their base had already moved on.
The market is leaning more toward competitive now with so many bodies out, and their prices are nowhere near competitive. They've tried to do sales, but it doesn't seem to be enough as i'm still not seeing many people rigging for the bodies.
I wouldn't be surprised if the same is happening with some housing sellers on sl. I know I just turn the other way at any house over 3k these days(and I have an absolute housing obsession).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CalypsoJewel said:

They shot themselves in the foot from the get-go with their pricing and other decisions.

The market is leaning more toward competitive now with so many bodies out, and their prices are nowhere near competitive.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same is happening with some housing sellers on sl. I know I just turn the other way at any house over 3k these days(and I have an absolute housing obsession).

Housing of course also has to outcompete Bellisseria. But I agree. For a plot on mainland or an estate if I were shopping for a house it needs to come in at a competitive price and land impact. I do have a mainland parcel and I've also got a list of house shops that I go to because they meet those needs. Now and then I shop around to see if somebody's better and unless that new somebody is likewise cheap, low land impact, and good quality - they don't get added to the list.

(Also like with bodies, a lot of that shopping happens when I see a house on somebody else's land - most of my avatar shopping is looking at other people and wondering/asking where they got something).

The thing about eBody being cheaper is that I actually spent more. Getting in the door was cheap - and once in the door on 3 alts I had to kit them out with assorted addon pieces that I wanted.

I'm convinced that if a new body ever comes out - it will almost if not actually need to be free. And it's maker is going to need to then flood out a pile of addons and outfits as their way to make money.

If not so cheap, people who are doing OK on their current bodies will wonder why they should switch. People had reason to leave Freya behind (the neck bump and hands splaying) - so they did. But they went with either whoever was active in support, cheap, or both.

Gen.X looked to be launching strong with a lot of merchants - but I don't know where it stands now. I'm essentially just left to looking to see if something like 'fat tids' ever comes out for it - until then or some other thing to grab my attention I've moved on.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver

I'm not sure when they updated this week, because I haven't been on all week.. But I just logged in and seen there is a new update for the GenX Curvy..

Mine is Curvy, so I don't know if the Classic had one as well.. But the version they sent me was GenX Curvy v1.3.

███▌Gen.X UPDATE - V1.3  MAY 2023 ███▌

►BODY
NEW BOM ToeCap
ALL Body Versions Compatible With Bento Tails
Removed PG Version
Fixed Hidden ***** Bug

VISIT THE MAINSTORE FOR REDELIVERY (TRICKY BOUCHER TERMINAL):
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Belleza/116/60/26

Looking for all the info on Belleza Gen.X?  Check out the Belleza Discord:
https://discord.gg//belleza

On 5/9/2023 at 3:58 PM, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

(Also like with bodies, a lot of that shopping happens when I see a house on somebody else's land - most of my avatar shopping is looking at other people and wondering/asking where they got something).

The thing about eBody being cheaper is that I actually spent more. Getting in the door was cheap - and once in the door on 3 alts I had to kit them out with assorted addon pieces that I wanted.

I'm convinced that if a new body ever comes out - it will almost if not actually need to be free. And it's maker is going to need to then flood out a pile of addons and outfits as their way to make money.

If not so cheap, people who are doing OK on their current bodies will wonder why they should switch. People had reason to leave Freya behind (the neck bump and hands splaying) - so they did. But they went with either whoever was active in support, cheap, or both.

Gen.X looked to be launching strong with a lot of merchants - but I don't know where it stands now. I'm essentially just left to looking to see if something like 'fat tids' ever comes out for it - until then or some other thing to grab my attention I've moved on.

I think a lot comes down to taste really.. A lot of people that buy bodies don't really use the addons, but at the same time there is a lot that do as well..

The addons for Reborn didn't come out until after the body was released and most of the addons were 3rd party addons other than the squishy bewbies and Juicy rolls for the belly..

The thigh squish are from Maze and the Mounds  are from someone else..

I think if you want all those addons and the clothes and other items on the market to fit addons like that..  You'd have to find a body that is going to fit those popular addons, otherwise it's a waste of money anyways..

Addons didn't even come about until Reborn showed up on the market.. In fact the addons really helped boost reborn into one of the4 top bodies even before it's first birthday.

Bodies have tried coming out with their own versions of those addons and failed because of lack of content made for them..

Kalhene Erika is a great example.. I can't remember what I paid for it, but it's around 3500 I think?

It comes with built in addons for thighs and bewbies and belly.. But you can't find anything made for those addons hardly, because they aren't fit to the popular brands from that first year..

It's one of the best looking bodies and  really good bang for the buck, but the bang and the buck stops there, because now you have to hunt for things that fit that have any quality to them..

The best bang for someones buck is when you can spend less time shopping and more time doing your SL..

Like with Maitreya for instance.. If I see something that catches my eye, It's a better chance that that item will have a version made for Maitreya than any other body on the market..

The great thing about Reborn vs the other bodies like it is, The same thing is happening when I go shopping for that body as is when I go shopping for my Maitreya.. It's a great chance the item will have a reborn version..

I think since so many people  have a limited amount of time they can spend in SL,  that Time spent putting a body together comes into factor as well when it comes to best bang for your buck..

Because even when I had all the time in the world and kept coming up short on being able to find things for newer bodies.. I just ended up going back to my reborn and Maitreya, because the time I was wasting was getting way too frustrating with the other bodies.

My time is much more limited again, so it's really giving me a wider perspective on the value of my time spent in SL now..

Shopping should feel more like RL shopping.. go in and get it, where Hunting and hunting was much more easy when I had time to spare.

For the GenX itself, I think the amount of things being made for it is because there are so many that cling to a brand name.. you'll find a lot of stuff, but have a hard time finding quality things.. Because those clinging to a bodies brand name and rigging for 10 bodies aren't putting out the quality as those rigging for two or three..

Some are like walmart brand , where some are like shopping at the higher end stores..

From what I've seen, there is a lot of walmart things made for GenX, but not a lot of the higher end store things as well as a lack of variety across the market.

Reborn and Maitreya, I can jump off the mainstream and head into armor or all kinds fo fantasy things for those bodies, when you won't find the other bodies built similar to them, in those markets..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Addons didn't even come about until Reborn showed up on the market.. In fact the addons really helped boost reborn into one of the4 top bodies even before it's first birthday.

I agreed with everything you stated but a minor quibble on this one. There was actually a 'giant boobs' mod for Maitreya that came out as far back as Maitreya 4.1 . I have it on an alt but can't remember it's name - it was not well supported and never updated to a 2-3 pixel change in the UV map when Maitreya 5 came out so now has a texture seam if you use high detail skins. Two large breast addons for Freya exist - one of them came out as an item hidden in an unadvertised skybox on mainland for a couple of years before it showed up on marketplace (I can't remember which of the two this was) - to get it you had to spot someone with it and ask them where they got it or inspect them, find the creator, and click through the picks for that person until one of them landed you in a mystery shop... At the time it was super expensive and had no demo and no information on the vendor other than a "buyer beware, no refunds" notecard if you clicked on it. So they were trying to be exclusive...

Your point stands though - none of that stuff was ever well promoted. And if more "stealth addons" existed I failed to find them.

With reborn they're all over the place and I'm also seeing it gaining pace with high quality stuff.

Once I found the right deformers; the only thing I currently miss from adopting reborn is no 'physics' on the behind like Gen.X has.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I agreed with everything you stated but a minor quibble on this one. There was actually a 'giant boobs' mod for Maitreya that came out as far back as Maitreya 4.1 . I have it on an alt but can't remember it's name - it was not well supported and never updated to a 2-3 pixel change in the UV map when Maitreya 5 came out so now has a texture seam if you use high detail skins. Two large breast addons for Freya exist - one of them came out as an item hidden in an unadvertised skybox on mainland for a couple of years before it showed up on marketplace (I can't remember which of the two this was) - to get it you had to spot someone with it and ask them where they got it or inspect them, find the creator, and click through the picks for that person until one of them landed you in a mystery shop... At the time it was super expensive and had no demo and no information on the vendor other than a "buyer beware, no refunds" notecard if you clicked on it. So they were trying to be exclusive...

Your point stands though - none of that stuff was ever well promoted. And if more "stealth addons" existed I failed to find them.

With reborn they're all over the place and I'm also seeing it gaining pace with high quality stuff.

Once I found the right deformers; the only thing I currently miss from adopting reborn is no 'physics' on the behind like Gen.X has.

Ya, I wasn't really meaning  any addons, but mainly the ones made for reborn, which you can find  other body versions being made from those creators later on..

Like a version of squish bewbies, you can find the same creators making them for other bodies now rather than just reborn.. Also that they really boosted the popularity of Reborn as well as I think Reborn boosting the popularity of those addons as well..

I really think as soon as the maze thighs hit and you could really only get them on reborn, that reborn numbers went up.. Then Ebody making the squishy boobs put things into turbo for people getting that body..

In other words, I think Reborn would have had a much slower climb in popularity if it wasn't for the addons made after it's release.. I think both Reborn and those kinds of addons got a boost in popularity from each other..

As far as deformers, the best deformers I've found for reborn and really just about any body that the product is made for is in, The V bento hud from Session..

I tried every deformer I could find for that reborn butt with not much luck.. Then someone mentioning in the session group about the deformers in that hud..  I demoed it and they were so good that I got a version for my Maitreya as well, which works great on that body as well..  Rather than putting them on and taking them off.. You just wear wear the V and then adjust to your liking  on the breasts and the butt, set one of the save points and you can take the hud and the V off.. Just if you do a skeleton & animation reset, you'd have to put them back on and click your save points again.. That or wear them if you were doing a lot of resetting..

But as far as the ease of the setting and the range you can move them, it was good money spent.. hehehe

As far as physics, I really only use a little in the breasts.. Myself, I never really looked into the physics for the butts and tummies too much, so I'm not really too experienced in those.. That might be because of being on Maitreya for so long that I never messed with them much, since that body really never had a butt physics.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

26 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

I would have agreed with that for a long time, until I found this.

I haven't tried that one  yet, But I'll be sure to try the demo to see if it does what I'm looking for out of deformers for myself..

I shouldn't say it's the best ,like it's the best for everyone.. It basically did what I was looking for, where someone else may not see things the same as me and looking for a different shaping..

But I'm definitely gonna give yours a try, because I'm never set in stone to one way... Thank you for the link.:)

I'm not sure if this was said anywhere else, but this just came across the GenX group..

GEN.X 50% OFF SALE EXTENDED THIS WEEKEND ONLY!

🚕 : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Belleza/151/56/26

50% off means you can get a GEN.X  body as low as 1550L!
SQUISHY AddOn - 300L (original price 599L)
DAINTY AddOn - 300L (original price 599L)
LITE - 1550L (original price 3099L)
REGULAR  - 1750L (original price  3499L)
PREMIUM - 2750L (original price  5500L)
FATPACK - 4400L (original price  8800L)

CHECK OUT THE DEMO TODAY ♥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm not sure if this was said anywhere else, but this just came across the GenX group..

GEN.X 50% OFF SALE EXTENDED THIS WEEKEND ONLY!

🚕 : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Belleza/151/56/26

50% off means you can get a GEN.X  body as low as 1550L!
SQUISHY AddOn - 300L (original price 599L)
DAINTY AddOn - 300L (original price 599L)
LITE - 1550L (original price 3099L)
REGULAR  - 1750L (original price  3499L)
PREMIUM - 2750L (original price  5500L)
FATPACK - 4400L (original price  8800L)

CHECK OUT THE DEMO TODAY ♥

*Sigh* just in the weekend that I pulled the bullet on a Catwa HDPRO head :D

I wanted an existing thread to post this graph to, since I can't open the My Avatar subforum to start a new thread there.

This is the latest female mesh body survey from Blueberry:

BlueberryMeshbodySurvey_001.thumb.jpg.67e339a67d41b440c5a0b2e7257482d7.jpg

Maitreya  =  36.6 %
EBody Reborn  =  22.1 %
Legacy (regular)  =   15.3 %
Legacy Perky   =   6.2 %
Maitreya Petite  = 5.2 %
Kupra (regular)  =  5.1 %

Belleza GenX Classic  = 3.3 %
Belleza GenX Curvy  = 1.5 %
Belleza Freya  = 1.2 %
Vtech   =   1.0 %

Kupra Kups  = 0.2 %
Kalhene Erika  = 0.08 %
Kupra Khana  = 0.07 %
Tonic  =  0.04 %
Belleza Isis  =  0.02 %
Signature Alice  =  0.01 %
Altamura   =  0.00 %

I think Kupra Khana is a newer body, so it might gain some points.

I would expect Blueberry to stop supporting bodies with less than 1 % support.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't really expect anyone to continue rigging for Freya because it has after all been deprecated. That's not an issue because there's years worth of clothing for it, and I don't imagine anyone is going to bother removing old stuff from vendors.

But GenX Curvy doesn't have that existing selection and is only 0.3% ahead of Freya, so seems at equal risk of being discontinued. As a Freya user, that's not giving me any incentive to switch even at a reduced price. Plus Freya is mod, so will hopefully be PBR-proof.

(Tonic users also appear to be refusing to upgrade to Prima, which is unsurprising. My Tonic alt ended up getting a Maitreya for Black Friday, though she switches back when she wants to wear her old Slink shoes.)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

I don't really expect anyone to continue rigging for Freya because it has after all been deprecated. That's not an issue because there's years worth of clothing for it, and I don't imagine anyone is going to bother removing old stuff from vendors.

But GenX Curvy doesn't have that existing selection and is only 0.3% ahead of Freya, so seems at equal risk of being discontinued. As a Freya user, that's not giving me any incentive to switch even at a reduced price. Plus Freya is mod, so will hopefully be PBR-proof.

(Tonic users also appear to be refusing to upgrade to Prima, which is unsurprising. My Tonic alt ended up getting a Maitreya for Black Friday, though she switches back when she wants to wear her old Slink shoes.)

As Persephone I'm a Freya user too, and I still find plenty of clothes. I also picked up a GenX Classic Lite on sale for $L 1550, but it's sitting in my inventory waiting for the day when I can't find enough Freya skins and clothing. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I wanted an existing thread to post this graph to, since I can't open the My Avatar subforum to start a new thread there.

This is the latest female mesh body survey from Blueberry:

BlueberryMeshbodySurvey_001.thumb.jpg.67e339a67d41b440c5a0b2e7257482d7.jpg

Maitreya  =  36.6 %
EBody Reborn  =  22.1 %
Legacy (regular)  =   15.3 %
Legacy Perky   =   6.2 %
Maitreya Petite  = 5.2 %
Kupra (regular)  =  5.1 %

Belleza GenX Classic  = 3.3 %
Belleza GenX Curvy  = 1.5 %
Belleza Freya  = 1.2 %
Vtech   =   1.0 %

Kupra Kups  = 0.2 %
Kalhene Erika  = 0.08 %
Kupra Khana  = 0.07 %
Tonic  =  0.04 %
Belleza Isis  =  0.02 %
Signature Alice  =  0.01 %
Altamura   =  0.00 %

I think Kupra Khana is a newer body, so it might gain some points.

I would expect Blueberry to stop supporting bodies with less than 1 % support.

That might be bodies they are noticing entering the store.. They probably have something  that detects what bodies people are wearing.. Since they rig for so many bodies and you get all the versions in the pack, it would be hard to tell which body someone is buying for, I would think.

Plus they don't even rig for some of those bodies on the list, Like Erika.. I don't think I've found anything there for that body, so that's probably not a sales graph..

They still have about everything for sale there that they've made..

I took a look at their new releases and the ones they have those rigged for are:

Maitreya + Petite
EBody Reborn
Legacy + Perky
Kupra + Cups

Belleza Freya 

Belleza Isis 

GenX Classic + Curvy

But  go over to the right some and you'll see they have other bodies added in that the next  outfit is rigged for.

The nice thing about Blueberry is, They'll still rig things for Slink  and Hourglass and bodies that a lot of creators took off the shelf..

Blueberry I don't think takes anything off the shelf..  They probably have rigging on speed dial and can whip out anything for any human female body on the market pretty quick.. It's probably just second nature to them which is nice for those that still love  their bodies they never felt the need to leave..

Like Freya for instance, still has way more wearers than the newer GenX bodies combined..They're still like at over 7k wearers in Freya, So it's still worth rigging for..

I always liked that about Blueberry, that you can still find new things for the older bodies..:)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That might be bodies they are noticing entering the store.. They probably have something  that detects what bodies people are wearing.. Since they rig for so many bodies and you get all the versions in the pack, it would be hard to tell which body someone is buying for, I would think.

Plus they don't even rig for some of those bodies on the list, Like Erika.. I don't think I've found anything there for that body, so that's probably not a sales graph..

They still have about everything for sale there that they've made..

I took a look at their new releases and the ones they have those rigged for are:

Maitreya + Petite
EBody Reborn
Legacy + Perky
Kupra + Cups

Belleza Freya 

Belleza Isis 

GenX Classic + Curvy

But  go over to the right some and you'll see they have other bodies added in that the next  outfit is rigged for.

The nice thing about Blueberry is, They'll still rig things for Slink  and Hourglass and bodies that a lot of creators took off the shelf..

Blueberry I don't think takes anything off the shelf..  They probably have rigging on speed dial and can whip out anything for any human female body on the market pretty quick.. It's probably just second nature to them which is nice for those that still love  their bodies they never felt the need to leave..

Like Freya for instance, still has way more wearers than the newer GenX bodies combined..They're still like at over 7k wearers in Freya, So it's still worth rigging for..

I always liked that about Blueberry, that you can still find new things for the older bodies..:)

This is data from their survey of over 3000 customers. I forget the exact number, but it's on their Flickr page. They also said customers should see very little difference in the bodies they'll have clothes for.

It's true they don't remove sizes for older bodies and they keep older outfits available - mostly on the upper floor - and they cost less than the new clothes.

I expect they'll drop Belleza Isis, but keep Belleza Freya, as other creators have done.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.