Most Popular Linden Home Theme?

Ingrid Ingersoll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Houseboats and Stilts are the most popular likely due to the ability to rez on water (except for some Land Stilts).

Victorians and Traditionals are also popular likely due to layouts and landscaping.

Note that "popularity" may be hard to say because we don't have that kind of data available. This assessment is based on availability.

Campers, Logs, Chalets, Fantasy, Newbrookes, and Sakura are typically always available.

A large number of Houseboats have been built but not yet released.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2

I don't think of popularity.  I look at what will work for me (and also what I am in the mood for...lol).  

I've had a houseboat, a log cabin, a victorian, and for the past few months have been in a chalet.  Have been thinking of trying out a stilt home.  May do it in a few months.

Each type has some advantages I guess.  The houseboat was good if you wanted to rez a boat to go sailing for the day or some such.  The victorians were nice with the proches and the quality design and looks.  The log cabin was good if you like nature.  The chalet's are good for simplicity in adding items to them. 

Thinking of a stilt home because if you have one that is on both land and water, could have a ground vehicle (bike, car, chariot, whatever) and a water vehicle too.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chad Marbach said:

Thinking of a stilt home because if you have one that is on both land and water, could have a ground vehicle (bike, car, chariot, whatever) and a water vehicle too.

Mostly not. Water stilts have no land. Pier stilts have water and pier access but piers are designed to block vehicles (don't ask). Most land stilts are entirely on land and have no water. There are a few (rare and very hard to get) land stilts that have a little water that is rezzable.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Chad Marbach said:

I don't think of popularity.  I look at what will work for me (and also what I am in the mood for...lol).  

I've had a houseboat, a log cabin, a victorian, and for the past few months have been in a chalet.  Have been thinking of trying out a stilt home.  May do it in a few months.

Each type has some advantages I guess.  The houseboat was good if you wanted to rez a boat to go sailing for the day or some such.  The victorians were nice with the proches and the quality design and looks.  The log cabin was good if you like nature.  The chalet's are good for simplicity in adding items to them. 

Stilts don't have good roads for driving, because there's not enough connected land. The best roads are with the Traditionals, Victorians, Log Homes, Chalets & Newbrooks. Sakura roads are ok, but those regions aren't connected to other regions by land either.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

I would say Houseboat, Victorian and the Stilts that on/over water, are the most popular themes, based on those are often the types that are hard to find on the land page. Those are also the ones that they tend to add at later times, as well (when they were building the new area for Log Cabins, some more Vics were added along one side of the coast, new areas of additional Houseboats and Stilt homes are still being added).

Perhaps Traditional, also.  It seems like traditional is the one theme that after they finished with the initial build out of the Trads, they haven't added any new regions when regions were added later for other themes.

• Like 2

Interesting that folks tend to almost forget about Fantasseria.  (Perhaps that sub-continent is wrapped in a cloak of invisibility!)  If you like the vibrant mushrooms and glowing ambiance, it is great for small-boat boating as most Fantasy homes are very near water and there are many water rez zones.

• Like 5

The Fantasy home region is wonderful.  I remember when it first opened and I boated over to it - that was an amazing experience.  When I have thought about getting a house there again, I found that it was hard to get one along a waterway - at least on the days I was trying.  It is a limited land area also.  It may have limited availability also.  It seems like the last time I was trying, I kept getting the same 2 choices. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Interesting that folks tend to almost forget about Fantasseria.  (Perhaps that sub-continent is wrapped in a cloak of invisibility!)

I havent forgotten it. It is very beautiful, but after a while it is also very fatiguing for me. I think my brain gets overstimulated with all those colors and glow and unnatural vegetation.

I was in love with it when it first came out. But one of the season changes was a color set that just did not work for me -- and something inside of me clicked off. I am not sure what happened but now I just dont find it appealing anymore. The seasons have changed again to a color scheme I like, but it just lost it's magic for me.... and I find myself strongly preferring something more RL realistic... like vics or trads.

• Like 2

One complication is that the themes weren't all released at the same time with the same number of homes. The older themes tended to fill because there weren't enough homes overall, so people would grab anything going. People with those homes don't always realise that there are other themes now and/or it's not such a struggle to get a house. So they hang on to those older homes, whether they like them the best or not.

Houseboats and stilts do still seem to fill pretty fast, because people like water access. 512s have been filling more slowly than 1024s in the relevant themes. Other than that, it's hard to remove the impact of when a theme was released from the results.

What is obvious is that every theme has people who love it. You're going to have neighbours everywhere (unless you ticket a house, as it might take longer for the houses around you to fill up).

• Like 5

Another reason houseboats may be popular is that, when occupied, the individual homes seem more unique than other themes due to all the boats and water toys rezzed around them. Ironically, the more effort the moles put into landscaping, the more repetitive the homes appear. To me, Fantasseria is a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Stilts are a nice balance as room was left for unique landscaping and docks.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Stilts don't have good roads for driving, because there's not enough connected land. The best roads are with the Traditionals, Victorians, Log Homes, Chalets & Newbrooks. Sakura roads are ok, but those regions aren't connected to other regions by land either.

Thats not true. Some stilts are not connected But some are. Look at the map, there is bridges between a lot of those Islands and connected to other  Themes too 👍😃 I carefully choosed my stilt to get a connected one 😊

Edited by Always Incognito
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Elena Core said:

And now in the right thread: Victorians and HBs have the highest demand, they fly in seconds... Although to me, campers have the best landscape

I guess the Victorians and the Trads have mass appeal because they are what you see in rl suburbia most often and what people kind of aspire to. But I understand why the houseboats are popular as well because of the navigable water around them. The other themes are more niche. 

I haven't seen a traditional or Victorian anytime I look with an alt at Linden homes that are currently available.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

One complication is that the themes weren't all released at the same time with the same number of homes. The older themes tended to fill because there weren't enough homes overall, so people would grab anything going. People with those homes don't always realise that there are other themes now and/or it's not such a struggle to get a house. So they hang on to those older homes, whether they like them the best or not.

That's a good point, people who don't login regularly, but who have a trad or vic may have no clue that there are newer Linden Homes to choose from. 

• Like 2

Lately, as I've recently gone premium and claimed my own Linden home, I've noticed that their availability also fluctuates around the time of day! I'd been looking for a Victorian and managed to snag one last night, but they usually tend to be all taken during the evening hours for me. I notice houseboats and stilt homes being pretty rare to find available, and trads and Victorians are also favorites because of their familiarity and versatility, but they don't seem as difficult to get your hands on. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I guess the Victorians and the Trads have mass appeal because they are what you see in rl suburbia most often and what people kind of aspire to. But I understand why the houseboats are popular as well because of the navigable water around them. The other themes are more niche. 

I haven't seen a traditional or Victorian anytime I look with an alt at Linden homes that are currently available.

There's a Vic on the LP right now.  (Vic *and* Trad on the LP for the last 5 minutes.)

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I adore the traditional theme. I like the smaller houses which makes them easier to decorate within the limited prim budget and this theme has some very unique locations. I had a love affair with Victorians for a long time and still think they are the prettiest of all the themes. I enjoy the stilts if they are on land and backed up to water (I like to sail/boat). There are not many of this type. 

Houseboats do not appeal to me because most of them are too close together and I like a feeling of privacy. I think the campers are amazing but I can not survive on half as many prims. I never got into fantasy or the chalets. The log cabins are amazing as well and I like to ride my horse through the log areas. I love the Newbrooke homes but very few of them have any water view. Sakura I loved when they came out and I still have the original Sakura I picked up when the theme was released. I like the smaller houses on them and all the water.

It appears to me that the stilt and houseboats are the most popular because you see them the least on the land page. I think it is because both have water access for boating and there is a demand for that.

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.