Beyond the Selfie: The Art of Photography!

11 hours ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Yours is far better, but reminds me of one I did a long time ago:

Hell_redo_5MB.png

I called it Hell. Not as a literal place, but as my mental and emotional state. Though I guess I should not explain anything beyond the title? 🤔

Thanks Caellore, yours is equally beautiful too ^_^

The art we do doesn't require explanation why we did and in what state our minds were when we did it. We express ourselves through it and let the viewers interpret it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.

Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying,

In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

(Matthew 2:16-18)

Thou-Little-Tiny-Child-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.91391550f873c64a0eb49116be4d89b3.png

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

@Scylla Rhiadrathat just makes me want to cry.  People can be so heartless.  It is beyond my imagining how humans can so callously kill.  Any other comments would get me in trouble, so I'll have to leave it at that.

I'm sorry, Cinn! It was certainly meant to be provocative, but I do very much apologize if it caused you upset! 😔

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm sorry, Cinn! It was certainly meant to be provocative, but I do very much apologize if it caused you upset! 😔

It's a very good photo and, yes, provocative.  I wish I could discuss it more.  I like how you found a way to use an old myth in a way that pertains to life now.  (I'll see myself out after that comment.)

I hope you continue to post provocative and thoughtful SL photos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:) To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. (Luke 2: 4-7)

No-Room-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.bd563515af5e4703831cf9edb2ee888f.png

• Like 10