NUX Avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think they should have a decent selection of clothing available before releasing these new mesh bodies. But then everyone would complain that LL was taking away inworld business if they made the clothes themselves, or playing favorites if they chose an inworld designer.

Solution:  A contest, where LL would have  clothes designers submit an application to be the first clothes designers for the new mesh bodies. Ten would be chosen, and many outfits would be available for purchase when the newbies arrived.

Edited by Luna Bliss

Well, I never logged my main out since I first saw them, so it's still in my library and inventory .. 

.. And they're full-perm .. Oh um, I told everyone I was working on a new [Furlgrimr] body, right?

shifty-eyes-ryan-reynolds-grin-8y2u0ehx1

Nah, I'll be good. Pinky-swear! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh, that thread wasn't just my hallucination then...and I wonder why it was nuked.

Also, what is NUX if these bodies are named Senra?

NUX was the project name, like the code name for the next LH is Thousand Island Dressing.

Maybe Senra is the company that sponsored the new avatar clothing? like Motown sponsored on of the new HUB regions?

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Solution:  A contest, where LL would have  clothes designers submit an application to be the first clothes designers for the new mesh bodies. Ten would be chosen, and many outfits would be available for purchase when the newbies arrived.

A better solution would be to allow anyone interested to create clothes for it. There's no need for any contests, it should be available for all residents even the "NOOBS".  To make clothes for default avatars you didn't even have to go through any application process so it should only be a matter of agreeing to some terms and conditions.

• Like 4

The bodies don't appear to have separate leg pieces like Ruth 2.0,  nor did they appear to have separate faces for the feet.

So the 'Fix to wear Heels',  is going to be  'Have fun teaching them how one changes to a new body'.

A body with either flipper feet or interchangeable legs.

Well....    I mean there could be a market to recycle the old old shoes with the built in prim feet?   Of course they will need to learn a skin matching HUD.  o.O

Really though, shouldn't be a problem, right?   I think there is a scene in the Movie where Barbie has flat feet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, KathrynLisbeth said:

The bodies don't appear to have separate leg pieces like Ruth 2.0,  nor did they appear to have separate faces for the feet.

So the 'Fix to wear Heels',  is going to be  'Have fun teaching them how one changes to a new body'.

A body with either flipper feet or interchangeable legs.

Well....    I mean there could be a market to recycle the old old shoes with the built in prim feet?   Of course they will need to learn a skin matching HUD.  o.O

Really though, shouldn't be a problem, right?   I think there is a scene in the Movie where Barbie has flat feet.

Technically someone could create an alpha mask to cut the existing feet to the ankle and then rig new feet to fit there.  So it is doable, maybe even cleanly but as I said in an earlier post, they would then have to create the shoe kit for those feet as well as making the feet.  A lot of work for what should have been out of the box.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hunny Bunny said:
45 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

A better solution would be to allow anyone interested to create clothes for it. There's no need for any contests, it should be available for all residents even the "NOOBS".  To make clothes for default avatars you didn't even have to go through any application process so it should only be a matter of agreeing to some terms and conditions.

I guess that's kind of what's going on presently. I hope it pans out well but likely there will be numerous problems if they didn't have a 'clothes person' on board.

I'm just trying to think of a quick a solution so the clothes might have been ready when the avatars were. I'm imagining there would need to be some integration between the body creators and the clothes creators, and so having a small number of creators to work with could have made that easier. But again, chosen in a way not to make the existing merchants feel they were being left out unnecessarily.

ie -- the foot problem we're seeing

Edited by Luna Bliss

42 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I think they should have a decent selection of clothing available before releasing these new mesh bodies. But then everyone would complain that LL was taking away inworld business if they made the clothes themselves, or playing favorites if they chose an inworld designer.

What they should do is require the merchants in the shopping section of the new user area to offer one FREE outfit rigged for the new body.  When people DO upgrade, and we know they will, they may head back to a store whose free clothing they liked in order to purchase more.  Win/win

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

What they should do is require the merchants in the shopping section of the new user area to offer one FREE outfit rigged for the new body.  When people DO upgrade, and we know they will, they may head back to a store whose free clothing they liked in order to purchase more.  Win/win

Yes, I like that idea, but I'm trying to undnerstand why the bodies are appearing right now without a decent selection of clothes and also with weird feet.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes, I like that idea, but I'm trying to undnerstand why the bodies are appearing right now without a decent selection of clothes and also with weird feet.

It seems to have been a mistake?  Since they've disappeared already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, just checked. The stuff I actually tried on and that got saved to my inventory is still there, but everything in my Senra library folders is now gone again.

“Forward, the Light Brigade!”
Was there a man dismayed?
Not though the soldier knew
   Someone had blundered.
   Theirs not to make reply,
   Theirs not to reason why,
   Theirs but to do and die.
   Into the valley of Death
   Rode the six hundred.

Oops.

What's the rule when acquiring new things before you edit them?

MAKE A COPY! 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Basically what you have to do is drag the library folder with the avatar out of the library and onto your avatar inworld, then it copies the folder to your inv and 'wear/replaces' your existing avatar.

It's easier to just copy the folder from the Library into Inventory. Been that way for years. A long, long, long, long time.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Technically someone could create an alpha mask to cut the existing feet to the ankle and then rig new feet to fit there...

Doing that would negate having the feet be Bakes on Mesh and grabbing the skin texture from the lower body channel.

Edited by KathrynLisbeth
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Orwar said:

.. And they're full-perm ..

How 'bout you slide that bad boy this way. I'm sure I have some circa 2009-2010 outdated items I could offer as fine compensation. No one will ever know. 

How do you feel about plain cubes blessed by jesus himself, or at least some guy that once behaved as though he was jesus reincarnated? Blessed might be a strong word, he swore a lot when I dropped them on him, that counts right? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KathrynLisbeth said:

Doing that would negate having the feet be Bakes on Mesh and grabbing the skin texture from the lower body channel.

Yes, that is a great point to make.  Thanks.  It seems that with just a little bit of input from someone this could have been avoided.

I wonder why they didn't get Strawberry Linden to review, it's a very obvious oversight.

41 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm just trying to think of a quick a solution so the clothes might have been ready when the avatars were.

Jamie came with a selection of a couple of mini dresses, a few jeans options, shorts, skirts, tops, jackets and shoes.  Not many in each of those categories but I'm fairly certain this was the full selection of clothes were meant to be released with the body.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

... It seems that with just a little bit of input from someone this could have been avoided.... it's a very obvious oversight.

Just a Guess, but...     Something like 'Well we don't want to include all those 'Confusing Technical' features found on the higher end bodies.   

After all,  Female Avatars wanting to wear heels?    Who would construe that as a BASIC function?  One that could help sell 'Just a Barbie' on the idea to 'Level Up her SL Achievements'  and start paying for a Dream House.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

When I made the original post NUX/Senra was most definitely fully there with everything in the library logged my mAlt in to try it and it appears to have since been removed. There was definitely actual heads, bodies, outfits etc. in there

Agreed, I still have the full set as I copied everything under Senra to my inventory.  I can easily field questions about what is in there.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.