[Question] is it safe here on forums to...?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. Dots here!!  I want to post about someone ,but its a bit sensitive and I already have 2 strikes here on forums for allegedly causing "drama"  for various reasons over the years? I don't want another strike. So is it safe to do post that? I know what happened to that person and I just want to post a "I miss you"  with a small biography of how we meet, point a few fingers left and right and say how it ended. I need a Mole or a Linden Labs employee to approve this or tell me how to do it without getting into trouble. So is it safe and how to?

39 minutes ago, mysteriousdots said:

Hello. Dots here!!  I want to post about someone ,but its a bit sensitive and I already have 2 strikes here on forums for allegedly causing "drama"  for various reasons over the years? I don't want another strike. So is it safe to do post that? I know what happened to that person and I just want to post a "I miss you"  with a small biography of how we meet, point a few fingers left and right and say how it ended. I need a Mole or a Linden Labs employee to approve this or tell me how to do it without getting into trouble. So is it safe and how to?

I think you should start to think about ; is it something the rest of the world, and specific the SL community here, needs to know. If it's not, or could it bring a subject thats leading to heated discussion... don't post. Same if it's personal drama, it doesn't belong here.
If yo upost it in the missed connections.. just post you miss the person, don't make it a discussion. And still think.. do i need to post a history, or is it just for myself to keep that memory. 

You don't need permission from Moles or Lindens, the guidelines already tell whats allowed and what not.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Well I do need permissions, because its about someone who got stalked, bullied and humiliated in public for months only to be flagged and then their account getting a permanent ban. I know because I lived with that person for a month and even if nobody believed that people were after her, I got a slice of that experience too and it wasn't pleasant with people showing up with …. umm... FUTAs (large male genitals the size of the house) and with day one alts. That was a year ago. Its clear I never got over that experience but I still miss my friend. I love her soo much, and if you would know me I am very defensive and loves its friends to death. If this was a trial in real life I would stand up in a Court House and tell everyone how I miss my friend. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mysteriousdots said:

Well I do need permissions, because its about someone who got stalked, bullied and humiliated in public for months only to be flagged and then their account getting a permanent ban. 

don't post. You'r in fact discussing moderation, that's not allowed, it will lead to your next strike,

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mysteriousdots said:

No.

BBC465DB-0B29-423D-B5DB-6386BFCA573E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Read Carefully. These are the Guidelines for Posting

as far as i'm concerned, i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to read about your experiences.

Forums, ... are places for you, the Residents of Second Life, to discuss ideas, experiences, and questions, and to share what you’ve learned about Second Life with each other and with us

unfortunately, if your story steps into any of the Lab's verboten subjects (and there are a bunch of them) the little Hitler's hunching over their screens will come down on you like they couldn't care a wit about how the Lab dealt with your experience. right or wrong. we mustn't say it in a public forum THEY own.

so, if you're not clever enough to form your horrible experiences into something beneficial for the rest of us cowering sheep to interact with it'd be best to find another forum to air your grievances. just my two cents....i don't play by anyone's rules....

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Instead of posting it here where you run the risk of going outside the rules and frankly, reaching a very small number of people, post it on your Flickr.  They have no rules I'm aware of concerning the airing of grievances about SL.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, mysteriousdots said:

Well I do need permissions, because its about someone who got stalked, bullied and humiliated in public for months only to be flagged and then their account getting a permanent ban. 

Talking about any of this is definitely against the rules and will definitely get yo another strike. You can't discuss moderation/ban decisions pertaining to someone else, and even for yourself the only appropriate place is a support ticket.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Instead of posting it here where you run the risk of going outside the rules and frankly, reaching a very small number of people, post it on your Flickr.  They have no rules I'm aware of concerning the airing of grievances about SL.  

really Rowan? flickr? no one reads anything cept the store links.

how bout SLUniverse, SL Secrets, the Alphaville Herald.

boy, those were the days huh? what a hoot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, EnCore Mayne said:

really Rowan? flickr? no one reads anything cept the store links.

how bout SLUniverse, SL Secrets, the Alphaville Herald.

boy, those were the days huh? what a hoot.

More people would see it on Flickr depending on how many follow you.  It's certainly better than here.  Plenty of people read things other than store links.  I do.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

More people would see it on Flickr depending on how many follow you.  It's certainly better than here.  Plenty of people read things other than store links.  I do.

i don't need or want to argue.

i just thought it was hilarious that you would think using a photo site would be appropriate for dot's story to be told. you're obviously right in what you say but the flickr community isn't all SLers even though that's all i use it for. AND, as i recall from personal experience, flickr's community hall monitors are rather harsh in taking down anything they deem inappropriate.

flickr's guidelines

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mysteriousdots said:

Well I do need permissions, because its about someone who [not relevant part] then their account getting a permanent ban.

Per the Community Guidelines -- your stuff is probably close enough to the below stuff that is not allowed:

image.png.44f22e68244a1f139930ae31330fbb0c.png

• Like 3

Oks, sorry I asked. I just miss my friend in SL that's all. Its done. I decided NOT to post or say more. I don't want my neck chopped of for no reason. I'm already getting bad vibes and premonitions from posts above. Wish everyone a wonderful day. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mysteriousdots said:

Oks, sorry I asked. I just miss my friend in SL that's all. Its done. 

I'm already getting bad vibes and premonitions from posts above. 

You planned to put support descisions in discussion. The others, as me, just pointed you to the guidelines and told it was a bad plan.

And you asked for advice yourself.

• Like 5

On 6/9/2022 at 3:37 AM, mysteriousdots said:

If this was a trial in real life I would stand up in a Court House and tell everyone how I miss my friend. 

And a court officer would remove you from the court house for doing so. 

On 6/9/2022 at 2:19 AM, mysteriousdots said:

No.. You cant point a few fingers at anyone. Naming and shaming is against Forum guidelines. 

Read them.. 

https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/content-guidelines

https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/community-standards

Specifically... 

• Posting interpersonal disputes or personal negative commentary publicly when such communications should occur through private channels of communication
  • Abusing Linden Lab personnel or moderators (as applicable on a forum operated by Linden Lab), such as re-posting content that has been removed, suspended or locked, or posting content that questions a moderator’s decision or competence (as applicable on a forum operated by Linden Lab).   

13 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

And a court officer would remove you from the court house for doing so. 

No.. You cant point a few fingers at anyone. Naming and shaming is against Forum guidelines. 

Read them.. 

https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/content-guidelines

https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/community-standards

Specifically... 

• Posting interpersonal disputes or personal negative commentary publicly when such communications should occur through private channels of communication
  • Abusing Linden Lab personnel or moderators (as applicable on a forum operated by Linden Lab), such as re-posting content that has been removed, suspended or locked, or posting content that questions a moderator’s decision or competence (as applicable on a forum operated by Linden Lab).   

I am never going to post anything on SL forums EVER AGAIN! Now can we just have this topic let go and let it die in the background please?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, mysteriousdots said:

I am never going to post anything on SL forums EVER AGAIN! Now can we just have this topic let go and let it die in the background please?

Forums don't work that way.  If anyone has anything to contribute to the topic, they can add it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mysteriousdots said:

Never again is a bit harsh ! I am sure you have many things going on in world that bring you joy, post about those things. This is an SL forum full of really good content. I'm wondering what you will bring to the virtual table.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

Never again is a bit harsh ! I am sure you have many things going on in world that bring you joy, post about those things. This is an SL forum full of really good content. I'm wondering what you will bring to the virtual table.

She's been posting here for 10 years.. Off and on sporadically. Mostly off topic digs and snide comments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.