Deploy Plan for the Week of 2022-06-06

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server and Events

This week we'll be rolling version 2022-05-27.572237 to the Second Life Server and Events channels. This version features changes to support upcoming Premium Plus launch including updates of previously hard-coded Premium values for some limitations. (Release notes to this effect will be available soon)

Scheduled for 2022-06-07 06:00 Pacific Daylight Time

Second Life RCs

We'll be restarting all RCs this week, no new version will be deployed to any of them.

Scheduled for 2022-06-08 07:00 Pacific Daylight Time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mazidox Linden said:

This version features changes to support upcoming Premium Plus launch including updates of previously hard-coded Premium values for some limitations.

I'm reading more taketh away than giveth...

Also, what are some of the names of existing event regions?

hi would it be possible to have mainland protected land servers auto reboot every 8 hours that would be 3 times a day for touring exploring driving sailing flying etc to fix the performance lag outs and crashes etc? it would be more helpful then these updates in my opinion on average

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@iceing BraveheartLaudable though you request is, this is not the place to make it. Put your request/ideas into a JIRA submission under "feature request" and someone from Linden Lab will see it.  Posting here, in a residents' forum, is unlikely to reach their eyes.  While some members of the Linden operation do vist these pages from time to time, your chances of them seeing your post are minimal and the likelihood of any action on their part resulting is tending to zero.

jira.secondlife.com is your point of entry using your SL login.

Edited by Aishagain
Syntax
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2022 at 2:05 PM, iceing Braveheart said:

hi would it be possible to have mainland protected land servers auto reboot every 8 hours that would be 3 times a day for touring exploring driving sailing flying etc to fix the performance lag outs and crashes etc? it would be more helpful then these updates in my opinion on average

Not sure I'd want my mainland parcel to be going DING three times per day. Once per day tbh is a bit excessive these days, unless an actual problem is being experienced. Note that you can ask a bluedot to have a look at a region via live support, support ticket or abuse report as appropriate - you don't even have to have any parcels there. You can even do that for private regions if the EMs/landowners aren't around to help. Done it a few times when a region has been in a crashed or otherwise griefed-to-all-hell state.

Edited by Toothless Draegonne

On 6/5/2022 at 2:05 PM, iceing Braveheart said:

So, we wouldn't be able to do much around mainland because its sims would be restarting everyday, three times a day, right?

If lag is that bad for you, I suggest you check your viewer/connection settings, or even get a better computer.

2 hours ago, MBeatrix said:

So, we wouldn't be able to do much around mainland because its sims would be restarting everyday, three times a day, right?

If lag is that bad for you, I suggest you check your viewer/connection settings, or even get a better computer.

they instantly think it's server side, it's def not server side with the horse power and connections aws run.    

• Lindens
On 6/5/2022 at 1:05 PM, iceing Braveheart said:

As others have mentioned, enhancement Jiras are the way to ask.

I'm skeptical that scheduled region restarts are a magic cure-all but one thing they can't do is replace rolls and bounces.  Rolls (upgrades) and bounces (restarts) have to happen simhost-wide and across the channel.  At least under the current design.

• Like 2

Mmm yes ... because restarting a Region every eight hours makes oh so much sense ...

Do bear in mind that the person being responded to has stated in the past that they use a kind of Frankenviewer with portions excised/altered in unusual/nonsensical ways.

The problem has nothing to do with the Regions/updates.

• Thanks 1

Is there anything in the updates, I hesitate to say upgrades, that would put a mesh of lines on surfaces?  Parallel on flat, and curved to conform on curved.  It follows the camera.  About half the regions I've visited today.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.