!! HAPPY PRIDE MONTH !!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

PGiE5qT.png

Happy Pride Month!

Our annual commemoration of the 1969 Stonewall riots and the long journey from there to here, ongoing civil rights progress and struggles, personal journeys and right to self expression.

What are you doing this year? In or out of SL? Found anything fun in world? Post any pictures of decorations and outfits, merch made by other residents, events, celebrations and protests.

Please note. This is not the time or the thread to debate the "LGBTQ+ agenda", the rights of LGBTQ+ people to exist or be visible in or out of SL, air out the ole free speech or get into a political fist fight. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 10

Probably avoiding the big regional Pride parade.  I haven't gone since they moved it to an "enclosed" route. But, I went enough times to get my fill!

Probably will encourage my LGBT+ kin on social media, more than anything..

I've evolved from simple Gay Pride, to Trans support, and now finally attempting to remember "hey dummy, you're bi so put that out there".  "Bisexual Pride" still feels odd.

Nice flag, I recognize at least a few of the color varieties!

• Like 4

The ole anxiety and depression are at an all time low, so I'm going to do my best to get out there and make the most of it this year, especially after the last few years stuck indoors.

The RL plan is to get all dressed up and go to NY Pride with a group of friends, hoping for a nice day that isn't going to be scorcher!

As for SL, I really have no plans yet (hence the thread tbh). 

• Like 7

I'm going to research more gay History and post it here and there, as it is still not represented adequately in traditional venues, and is now even being erased. The pic is of lesbian youth from the 40's.  Interestingly, the middle girl is a dead-ringer for my mother in her youth.

lesbian teenagers 40's.jpg

• Like 7

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Happy Pride Month!!!!!!!

I don't have anything fun to show off yet. I haven't been in SL in a few days, soOoOooO...I'm behind on my shopping!

I've never attended any RL Pride events to be honest. Parades and biiiiiig outdoor events have never been my thing in general. I've only been to one parade ever (West Indian Day Parade in NYC) and I stupidly braved New Years Eve in Manhattan once many years ago (and nearly got trampled in the process!) - soooo not my jam! 😂 The chaos kind of gets to me I think.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Woohoo!! 

The updated landing page is up  I love everything about it, can't wait for the community page. Second Life genuinely is quite magical for LGBTQ+ folk, self discovery and self expression.

https://secondlife.com/community/pride

Thank you @Linden Lab @Strawberry Linden

Ooooooo, that is one cute avatar! Sorry, had to say it. 😄

That landing page looks great, though. I love the photos they've chosen for it - especially the banner.

• Like 3

If you fancy taking a balloon ride around the beautiful Bellisseria regions, I have put out a rainbow balloon rezzer in two locations.  Thanks to Quartz Mole, these rezzers will rez a balloon for you to board and will delete the balloon if you fall out during your ride so our skies will not be littered with balloons.  Once you board, you will have a choice of animated poses and can say "start" to begin your ride, using your directional and up/down keys to control your ride.  Enjoy!  The balloon rezzers are in the Newbrooke regions at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Judge Knott/249/151/22  and in the Sakura regions at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aoi Hanabatake/29/118/21

Kazza_002.thumb.jpg.cae573607936d6eaa2d2df920be5e8b8.jpg

Kazza_001.thumb.jpg.cf7ece0ae1ba9996650585e6b500ad46.jpg

Kazza_003.thumb.jpg.c2718b8548d8bb5ef62c963fb3ec244b.jpg

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

As a fellow gray-asexual, I love the picture and vibe of this one. ❤️

Took a peek at this and the last few Pride blog entries. I am loving these avatars! They're all so creative.

I'm actually looking forward to the community page now!

• Like 2

Outside of Second Life, mostly trying to persuade people to read my books. In Second Life, I put up the Second Pride posters on my land and I'll wander by at some point to look for rainbow things. Everything looks better in rainbow.

• Like 4

On 6/1/2022 at 10:52 AM, Luna Bliss said:

I'm going to research more gay History and post it here and there, as it is still not represented adequately in traditional venues, and is now even being erased. The pic is of lesbian youth from the 40's.  Interestingly, the middle girl is a dead-ringer for my mother in her youth.

lesbian teenagers 40's.jpg

The lady in the background looks kind of like my grandmother.We've come a long way baby.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2022 at 1:17 PM, Leora Greenwood said:

If you fancy taking a balloon ride around the beautiful Bellisseria regions, I have put out a rainbow balloon rezzer in two locations.  Thanks to Quartz Mole, these rezzers will rez a balloon for you to board and will delete the balloon if you fall out during your ride so our skies will not be littered with balloons.  Once you board, you will have a choice of animated poses and can say "start" to begin your ride, using your directional and up/down keys to control your ride.  Enjoy!  The balloon rezzers are in the Newbrooke regions at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Judge Knott/249/151/22  and in the Sakura regions at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aoi Hanabatake/29/118/21

Kazza_002.thumb.jpg.cae573607936d6eaa2d2df920be5e8b8.jpg

Kazza_001.thumb.jpg.cf7ece0ae1ba9996650585e6b500ad46.jpg

Kazza_003.thumb.jpg.c2718b8548d8bb5ef62c963fb3ec244b.jpg

That is so completely cool,beautiful pics.Think I might have to try a balloon ride.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.