!! HAPPY PRIDE MONTH !!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Happy Pride all! Just a heads up/warning, the mods of London show up under a lot of searches for LGBT friendly related stuff, but it is absolutely not trans friendly. Lots of mockery for looking androgynous or clocky. I ended up reporting it to one of the other mods, who responded with "transphobia is not a real word." Was a pretty gutting experience and I'd hate for anyone else to have to deal with that.

Edited by Josh Plubeau
  • Thanks 4

Considering over half the of the team fit into the category of LGBT and that there are several Trans people on the team, what you are saying is eye popping.    If you are accusing us of levity and frivolity then we're probably guilty as charged.    Trick is to see the lighter side of life whenever possible.   Sorry if you expected everything to be deadly serious upon your visit..  but we are happy people, celebrating our Pride..  and being  a gay owned estate for 13 years with a huge amount of LGBT visitors, I'm surprised you were offended upon your visit.   

I see that on your last visit you were wearing a car on your head.  Could that have anything to do with your gripe?

Cheers,  Torric.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

TW: transphobia. A car? Are you looking at a different av than me? I usually have a Sphynx cat head, human or anime. The whole situation started when I TP'd in and hadn't rezzed, and was immediately bombarded with "that man who thinks he's a woman" in voice. Followed by some other things not allowed per LL's TOS so I'm not going to repeat them here. As for the staff having LGBT members, this does absolutely nothing to alleviate my concerns as transphobia is not exclusive to outside ourcommunity and still remains a huge issue.  Anyways, I resent the implication that potentially attaching an object to your head should mean your identity be questioned and be verbally harassed. If you'd like the name of the London mod, as well as a screenshot of his message, I'd be more than happy to provide it in game. I have already provided what I have to Linden Labs. 

Edited by Josh Plubeau
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Josh Plubeau said:

TW: transphobia. A car? Are you looking at a different av than me? I usually have a Sphynx cat head, human or anime. The whole situation started when I TP'd in and hadn't rezzed, and was immediately bombarded with "that man who thinks he's a woman" in voice. Followed by some other things not allowed per LL's TOS so I'm not going to repeat them here. As for the staff having LGBT members, this does absolutely nothing to alleviate my concerns as transphobia is not exclusive to outside ourcommunity and still remains a huge issue.  Anyways, I resent the implication that potentially attaching an object to your head should mean your identity be questioned and be verbally harassed. If you'd like the name of the London mod, as well as a screenshot of his message, I'd be more than happy to provide it in game. I have already provided what I have to Linden Labs. 

Requested a screenshot so I can delve further.

Edited by Torric Rodas
I misread part of the content.
  • Like 1

Wanted to follow up and say this was handled promptly and is being taken care of. I appreciate the time and respect that was put into looking into this and actually listening- this is the perfect example of what makes us such an amazing community.  ❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I have been on SL for more than four years and almost exclusively in London City, because as a transvestite, I feel good there. The people are generally benevolent, the admins and the owners very welcoming. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying I've been welcomed by the LC community 4 years ago and I stayed there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Josh Plubeau said:

Wanted to follow up and say this was handled promptly and is being taken care of. I appreciate the time and respect that was put into looking into this and actually listening- this is the perfect example of what makes us such an amazing community.  ❤️

I'm really happy this was all sorted out !

There is no LGB without the T.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I saw that on Twitter right after it went down. They sure traveled a long way to get to Pride.

princeshade-prince.gif

So do the Fred Phelps protestors.

Sorry, I added details after the initial post for people who don't want to click.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 10:15 AM, Coffee Pancake said:

Corporations treating pride as a marketing opportunity is not new, nor is them not updating their social media images in some locations.

Showing solidarity with the LGBTQ+ community during pride is one thing, treating it as a marketing opportunity or trying to have it both ways by funding regressive anti-LGBTQ domestic politicians does not go unnoticed.

At the end of the day, while corporate support is broadly welcome by the wider LGBTQ+ community, It's not pride because BRAND put's a rainbow on their logo, and any doing so can expect to be held to their statements supporting LGBTQ + rights and identities.

There is a growing expectation that flying the flag in support must also come with meaningful action and support the rest of the year too.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.