Linden Home Upgrade

DaisyMaeClementine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, my premium membership home is waaay too small and pretty much a waste of money.  Is it possible to remove that house and put a bigger home on that lot or even upgrade to a bigger lot with a bigger and better built home?  Or do I just cancel my premium membership and go rent something somewhere else?

• Moles

Linden Homes are essentially all the same size parcels (512 or 1024sqm), but you can try different houses within the theme on them (some house options are more spacious that others), but you cannot remove the house completely and use your own. The advantage is the house in a Linden Home does not count against your parcel LI. If what you want is a larger parcel you can opt to buy a parcel on the mainland. You won't get the free house or the nice decor that you find in Bellisseria, but there is also no covenant to follow so there is greater freedom. The other option is as you said, to rent a parcel somewhere but they you'll have to abide by the rules set out by the owner of the land or estate. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

If by chance you are in one of the old regions of Linden Homes, which are all 512 sq.m. parcels, you might want to check out the newer generation of Linden Homes in Bellisseria. As Abnor explained, the parcels there are in two sizes, and there are many themes and house styles to choose from.

If 1024 still is not big enough for you, then yes, you can rent, or you can keep that Premium and use the 1024 sq.m. land allowance toward buying a larger parcel on Mainland. If you cancel Premium, then you won't have that 1024 allowance, of course, and you won't be able to buy a Mainland parcel.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The Newbrooke theme gives you very large houses. Go for the 1024m size parcel. There are this type to grab now, and also the last times I looked at the home page.

You change home from the mailbox, you know that? You want to look at Bradbury, Coniston, Aldridge and Heaton.

Heaton feel like the biggest home to me. Then it is the boxy Aldridge with the whole three rooms upstairs, and I forgot how many downstairs. Coniston has large windows to the back, and is more sheltered from street views, while Bradbury has very nice, spacious rooms, but large windows to the street, I found that a bit much like living in a glass bowl.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

I am renting by the way... I have had Premium and tried all the Bellisseria homes (Not Campers, Fantasy and Sakura)

I wait until I know what the Premium Plus will be.

The Stilt houses, Victorians and Log cabins are bigger than the Traditionals.The Fantasy homes are big, but the landscaping a bit too fanciful, The Chalets are also big, but there the landscaping was not feeling right.

I think Stilt homes are very nice, both big houses and close to water, but Newbrooke is both big and modern.

• Like 3

You can't take your Linden home, no.

You'd have to go to one of the building sellers like Scarlet Creative or Trompe (two of my favourites) and find a home you like, buy that, then rezz it on the new parcel of land you've bought or rented. Homes generally set you back between L400 and L1000. Most of the good sellers have signs next to the model home on display showing you size of parcel needed and the LI (land impact) the house will take away from your land, for example, a house may be 100 prims and your 1024 parcel allows 351, so you'd be left with 251 to decorate with.

A premium account gives you 1024m of land "free" (that you have to purchase from someone), and then you pay more "tier" fee each month as you buy more land. A 2048 parcel of land you own will cost you $7 extra dollars/month (1024 free, 1024 $7). But that parcel allows for 703 prims of stuff. 

In my case, I rent a 4096 parcel on the water for my little island and sailing, and art gallery in the sky, and also own a 1024 parcel along a road that I've set up as a little park that anyone can just wander into.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

• Moles
23 minutes ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

Right now my tiny Linden home is located in Tempo.  Can I simply remove it and relocate to one of the regions that provides me with a larger home?

You are in one of the older (2010) Linden homes. What you can do is abandon it...

df035c3ffa51d8f3bc28204be5799ee6.png

Then go back to the Linden Homes page and look under the Bellisseria dropdown.

e797377c70bfdfc8631a35ead5483b90.png

That will bring up the available options for the new Linden Homes themes. 

dd3b5731cd261333b7db60b6604a1bbb.png

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

Right now my tiny Linden home is located in Tempo.  Can I simply remove it and relocate to one of the regions that provides me with a larger home?

Aha, that's what I was wondering! I think you will really like these newer Linden Homes. They are quite an upgrade from the older ones like you have!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It is no demo area that has the different Linden Homes, but you can hop around in Bellisseria. You can check the houses if you cam in. Just look at the minimap first, so it is no one inside. They may wonder who some stranger stand still on the pavement! 😮

Try to type in on the map:

Kuga: Houseboats. One of the two first themes and still very popular. Not easy to get.

Bandit: Traditional houses, but they aren't big, the second of the two first themes. It is interesting to see how houses have grown bigger.

Decker: They are small campers so I guess you aren't interested. Very pretty landscaping for them.

Collins: Victorian houses.

Firefly Ridge: Log homes.

Fugu: Stilt houses.

Fairway: Fantasy houses.

Ulric: Chalets.

Bluejay: Newbrooke.

Migi: Sakura.

Remember that you change the house from the mailbox, pole, life preserver (for houseboats) so you are not stuck with the house that are there when you claim a place. And that you only select 1024 m size parcels where you have two options.

The mailbox also has a Content Creation pack with the textures for the theme, plus gifts. The Newbrooke has good low impact planters, the Victorians some adorable roses and hydrangeas, and there are other plants, like lilies in the Log homes and hostas in the Stilts. It may be smart to spend your first days 5 picks on different themes, so you can click the mailbox and collect the Content Creation packs. Or two days and collect all.

It is more in them like benches, fences, garden wall kit et cetera, I only said what I remember as my favorites just now.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Last night I was just helping another person who was migrating from the old Linden Homes.  He was very happy (he tried a houseboat first), and I hope you are too, Daisy!

If you do decide to get a home in Bellisseria, you might consider joining the Bellisseria Citizens Group.  Lots of silly chat, but lots of help too (e.g. monthly notecards w/info like rez zone locations), and fun events are announced throughout the day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

With many of the Bellisseria houses there are also add-ons available to buy on MP or you can try to make your own using the object and texture pack available inside your mailbox (or what ever your model uses to change houses).

Here are some examples on MP.

Try to use lower land impact items. You can use up to 351 Land Impact on your parcel, but you'll want to leave some free for rezzing and opening packages.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

So, my premium membership home is waaay too small and pretty much a waste of money.

If all you want is 1024sqm, premium membership is a deal. Annual fee is $99. You can redeem (after fees) at least $60, meaning you are paying $39 dollars for 52 weeks. What can you rent for that? And a Linden Home gives you a zero-LI house. If you prefer, you can put a skybox on your parcel and do 351 LI there. Or you can switch Linden Homes 365x5 times a year. What's not to like?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

If all you want is 1024sqm, premium membership is a deal. Annual fee is $99. You can redeem (after fees) at least $60, meaning you are paying $39 dollars for 52 weeks. What can you rent for that? And a Linden Home gives you a zero-LI house. If you prefer, you can put a skybox on your parcel and do 351 LI there. Or you can switch Linden Homes 365x5 times a year. What's not to like?

Hi Diamond, how do I go about redeeming the $60 you were talking about?

28 minutes ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

My guess is she's referring to the weekly L$300 stipend that Premium members get. If you do the math, it works out to be the equivalent of $60 USD/year, more or less. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

You could wait until your Premium subscription is up, then cash out your accumulated weekly stipend.

Given the fees LL charges to buy and sell linden dollars, if you want to spend any money in SL, it's more cost-effective to spend your weekly stipend instead of buying lindens. If you use your first week's stipend to join a few nice stores with good group gifts, you can use them to furnish your house, get clothing, hair, skins or whatever. Apple Fall and PrimPossible also have free items in their stores that anyone can get, though you may need to use Area Search filtered for items For Sale for $L 0 to find them. Look for low Land Impact items that look good and fit your taste in furnishings. If you like going to clubs, save some money for tipping hosts and DJs. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

I've never once received a weekly stipend

If you're paying for a Premium subscription you should be getting $L 300/ week (unless you joined many years ago and got more than that). This should be paid out each Tuesday after you've joined. It might be a day late?

If you don't get a stipend after having a paid Premium subscription for over a week, contact Customer Support with a support ticket. They need to rectify that ASAP.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

You may want to check your transaction history before going to support.  LL doesn't tell you they're making the deposit, it just shows up in your total every Tuesday.  

Forgive me if you know how to do this, but just to be sure you can log into your account on Secondlife.com.  Then on the left menu, choose "Account", and then "L$ Transaction History".  In the "Credit" column, you should see a weekly deposit from Stipend Linden.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

adding on to what Persephone said

the L$ stipend is paid on Tuesday each week.  Have a look at your transaction history

from the viewer (Linden) menu: Me \ Account dashboard \ L$ Transaction History

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.