Starberry Passion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Exavor Diesel said:

Also, avatar height on SL is deceptive. This is because many residents have avatars far in excess of average heights in the real world. If you are 5'5" in SL (which is more or less average female height in many western countries), you will look below average/very short on SL and this will not help in terms of convincing people that your avatar is intended to look 18+.

My avatar is around 6'.  At an adult club recently, there was a girl who stated her avatar was the same height she was in RL.  I don't recall the numbers.  The point being, she was barely as tall as the bar stools.  She could have rested her chin on one.  Now I have no problem if you want to be RL height in SL.  I do have a problem when your SL.height puts the top of your head at waist level in an ADULT themed (yes, there is sex going on) club.  Didn't help she also had a cutesy outfit on with sneakers and pigtails and a very young face.  I also noticed she was hovering a fair bit above the floor so even shorter than she appeared.  Of course she mentioned 'always RP over 18' in her profile.

• Like 2

I would say you look borderline. As in 17-18 ish. Definitely not a "child" but certainly a young teen.

As others have said, its totally the sim owners call. But if there is nothing sexual going on in the sim it does seem to me like a bit of an overreaction. I doubt you would get that reaction everywhere you go. 

I'm no expert but so far as I understood the TOS you have to be doing something....fairly graphic to actually get into trouble. But LL rules are a bit weird in this regard. I have seen some stuff on the Marketplace that I would certainly consider totally (like, really REALLY) inappropriate. But they seem to turn a blind eye to all that.  And there are groups and places inworld that I am kinda shocked that they allow to exist. 

And yeah.....avatar height is just such a can of worms I wont even start on that. lol

EDIT - Also age perception between age groups makes things even more complicated. I would guess that the older the person is that you ask, the younger they will guess that you are. 

Edited by AnnabelleApocalypse
  • Like 3

i think when we have a youthful looking avatar then we have to be cognisant of how parcel owners perceive us

the perception is bound up in avatar size, what we wear, and our AO.  By prim measure I am about 170cm (5ft 7in) tall, and I am pretty skinny/slight

my AO is a wriggler as well.  Drives some people nuts it does

and I like to accessorize my avatar. Heaps of accessories and bling. I often run out of attachment points

with accessories, my experience is that we have be very careful in their selection, avoiding those that appear incongruous to the rest of the outfit

in the OP pic, extreme thigh straps, strap chain bracelets and spike boots. They don't go with the rest of the outfit which is Girl Next Door, plain crop top and plain short shorts. The combination gives off a weird vibe which makes quite a few parcel owners nervous

if coupled with a wriggly AO and a short avatar then parcel owners can get really nervous. The owners are not generally nervous for their own sake, they are nervous about what impact this might have on their patrons

If we are going to wear a youthful looking avatar and go with strappies and spikes then is best to go way over the top in every aspect. And wear clothing layers underneath. Parcel owners notice how much skin youthful avatars expose. Same as parents do in the RL

here is some pics of me.  With these outfit combinations, nobody ever queries how I look on any rated region, and yet nobody ever mistakes me for somebody's mother.  These are mostly dark tones. My avatar on the right side is way over the top.  The more over the top I go, the less visible skin

Me3.thumb.jpg.e914acc2d4678f7ec0c818730fec7e44.jpg

when I wear Girl Next Door outfits, like plain crop top and short shorts (which I do sometimes) then I just wear sneakers or sandals and just wear plain ordinary jewellery that we can expect a Girl Next Door to wear

i  also do have some pink/blue outfits.  My basic rule with this is the pinker it gets, the more over the top everything else gets. So nobody has to wonder what is going on. Is no room for wondering. Like this outfit. If going for cute then try to go for totes cute. I love this outfit, is one of my favs. And even better, nobody has ever asked me for the sexxors when I am wearing it

meD.thumb.jpg.6f6e5062361ee9574190427154f11981.jpg

so just to reiterate. When wearing a more youthful avatar try not to leave people in doubt as to what is that we are representing

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Emily Nova said:

Thank you for your input, wasn't just about the sim owner but over-all.

The scare-tactic that Linden Lab is going to come shut people down because of my looks is very unfair and can be used to control how one looks.

If you are someone that likes looking cute. "Linden Lab is going to come take us down because of you." 

Yeah... it is common for people to lie. Or be ignorant and afraid. So, they react and tell you whatever they think will get the result they want. There isn't much one can do about ridiculous people. So, it simply doesn't matter what your avatar looks like. Hopefully enough of us have said that in enough different ways you get it.

But think about it. The Lab is not going to kick a paying customer because you are there looking young. We have places where people are playing baby avatars. It is always about looking young and engaging in sex or being around sexual activity that creates the problem. Its the COMBINATION. But, that doesn't really matter at the region owner level. If they are delusional, misinformed, ignorant, stupid, or... OMG... they know sex is part of their region... and they want you out... their wanting you out for whatever reason, sane or not, is all that matters. Don't fight it.

• Like 2

Hi, as everybody else here, I think your avatar looks teen. But the question is how you want to represent yourself. Are you going for teen looking sexy or young lady? If the answer is young lady then you should consider to change your shape. If someone tells me that my avi looks teen I would be worried. 

• Like 4

I'd say you look about 14-16 but our opinions hold no weight with the region owner, whether we think you look underage or not, it makes no difference. They are within their rights to ban you for any reason or no reason. 

That said, "because we're afraid of being shut down" is a pathetic excuse if there is no adult furniture or adult activity. Linden Lab will not shut a place down, even in an adult region, for allowing access to a child avatar. Child avatars are allowed in adult regions provided that the person at the keyboard is 18+. The only thing not allowed is the avatar's proximity to adult activity or adult-scripted objects (including genitals, so if clothing is optional that may be the only issue).

This whole drama is why my female avatar looks nearer to 40. 

• Like 3

I agree with everyone else, I think your avatar looks mid-teen. No older than 16.

Its up to the region owner whether they wish to ban young-looking people or not, and they can do so for any reason or no reason.  If you want to visit that place, you will need to change your avatar.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2022 at 4:51 PM, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

I would say you look borderline. As in 17-18 ish. Definitely not a "child" but certainly a young teen.

As others have said, its totally the sim owners call. But if there is nothing sexual going on in the sim it does seem to me like a bit of an overreaction. I doubt you would get that reaction everywhere you go. 

I'm no expert but so far as I understood the TOS you have to be doing something....fairly graphic to actually get into trouble. But LL rules are a bit weird in this regard. I have seen some stuff on the Marketplace that I would certainly consider totally (like, really REALLY) inappropriate. But they seem to turn a blind eye to all that.  And there are groups and places inworld that I am kinda shocked that they allow to exist. 

And yeah.....avatar height is just such a can of worms I wont even start on that. lol

EDIT - Also age perception between age groups makes things even more complicated. I would guess that the older the person is that you ask, the younger they will guess that you are. 

I agree with that, It has been older people who are like "You are too young" Younger generation have a different opinion about the age I am, concerning this shape and look.

Thank you for your input and insight to a wider array of perspective. I thought I looked adult as well, I am still young. To me, I'd definitely say I am around 18 - 19 years old.

On 5/22/2022 at 8:40 PM, Mollymews said:

i think when we have a youthful looking avatar then we have to be cognisant of how parcel owners perceive us

the perception is bound up in avatar size, what we wear, and our AO.  By prim measure I am about 170cm (5ft 7in) tall, and I am pretty skinny/slight

my AO is a wriggler as well.  Drives some people nuts it does

and I like to accessorize my avatar. Heaps of accessories and bling. I often run out of attachment points

with accessories, my experience is that we have be very careful in their selection, avoiding those that appear incongruous to the rest of the outfit

in the OP pic, extreme thigh straps, strap chain bracelets and spike boots. They don't go with the rest of the outfit which is Girl Next Door, plain crop top and plain short shorts. The combination gives off a weird vibe which makes quite a few parcel owners nervous

if coupled with a wriggly AO and a short avatar then parcel owners can get really nervous. The owners are not generally nervous for their own sake, they are nervous about what impact this might have on their patrons

If we are going to wear a youthful looking avatar and go with strappies and spikes then is best to go way over the top in every aspect. And wear clothing layers underneath. Parcel owners notice how much skin youthful avatars expose. Same as parents do in the RL

here is some pics of me.  With these outfit combinations, nobody ever queries how I look on any rated region, and yet nobody ever mistakes me for somebody's mother.  These are mostly dark tones. My avatar on the right side is way over the top.  The more over the top I go, the less visible skin

Me3.thumb.jpg.e914acc2d4678f7ec0c818730fec7e44.jpg

when I wear Girl Next Door outfits, like plain crop top and short shorts (which I do sometimes) then I just wear sneakers or sandals and just wear plain ordinary jewellery that we can expect a Girl Next Door to wear

i  also do have some pink/blue outfits.  My basic rule with this is the pinker it gets, the more over the top everything else gets. So nobody has to wonder what is going on. Is no room for wondering. Like this outfit. If going for cute then try to go for totes cute. I love this outfit, is one of my favs. And even better, nobody has ever asked me for the sexxors when I am wearing it

meD.thumb.jpg.6f6e5062361ee9574190427154f11981.jpg

so just to reiterate. When wearing a more youthful avatar try not to leave people in doubt as to what is that we are representing

See, both pictures you don't appear young. You look youthful but your face says you're around 25 - 26, maybe even a bit older.

The first picture, you definitely look like you can be someone's mom but you have a youthfulness to your appearance.

Even if you tried to look young with that shape, looking at you i can only see an adult and it might be because I draw and do character design a lot.

But your skin just gives it away for me.

~Also, unrelated, you look very close to Denise Richards

Edited by Emily Nova

1 hour ago, Emily Nova said:

I agree with that, It has been older people who are like "You are too young" Younger generation have a different opinion about the age I am, concerning this shape and look.

Thank you for your input and insight to a wider array of perspective. I thought I looked adult as well, I am still young. To me, I'd definitely say I am around 18 - 19 years old.

I was just going by facial features and seeing what happens to kids when they start to go through puberty. Their features start to grow, but not at the same time.

First big thing that is noticeable in the face is the nose size until other things catch up, then the lips filling out more.  it's like the middle of the face just starts growing first.

First thing I noticed on your avatar was the baby lips and nose..

I'm not that old, only around 18 years out of high school and have been raising my own kids and my younger cousins the whole way.. Before puberty and after.. I don't think my age has much to do with my comment more than my experience does. hehehe

ETA: I'm still young too!! \o/  lol

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was just going by facial features and seeing what happens to kids when they start to go through puberty. Their features start to grow, but not at the same time.

First big thing that is noticeable in the face is the nose size until other things catch up.

I'm not that old, only around 18 years out of high school and have been raising my own kids and my younger cousins the whole way.. Before puberty and after.. I don't think my age has much to do with my comment more than my experience does. hehehe

That's ok, the person who I was replying to and what I replied with was speaking in general, younger audience tend to view faces differently.

~If I may, you too have a baby face. You look mature with the make up but picturing it off, I'd say you look around 20 years old. You look closely like a brown skinned version of 

>Agam Rudberg 

mixed with a bit of

> Billie Ellish

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Emily Nova said:

That's ok, the person who I was replying to and what I replied with was speaking in general, younger audience tend to view faces differently.

~If I may, you too have a baby face. You look mature with the make up but picturing it off, I'd say you look around 20 years old. You look closely like a brown skinned version of 

>Agam Rudberg 

mixed with a bit of

> Billie Ellish

Ya you'll get a wide variety of answers from any crowd.. I just have to make sure I don't get clumped in with all those old people..

KIDDING PEOPLE!!!  hehehehe

What picture are you refering to, My forum avatar?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya you'll get a wide variety of answers from any crowd.. I just have to make sure I don't get clumped in with all those old people..

KIDDING PEOPLE!!!  hehehehe

What picture are you refering to, My forum avatar?

Yes, since I don't see your avatar inworld, the picture you have on your forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emily Nova said:

See, both pictures you don't appear young. You look youthful but your face says you're around 25 - 26, maybe even a bit older.

The first picture, you definitely look like you can be someone's mom but you have a youthfulness to your appearance.

Even if you tried to look young with that shape, looking at you i can only see an adult and it might be because I draw and do character design a lot.

But your skin just gives it away for me.

~Also, unrelated, you look very close to Denise Richards

when I change to my pink avatar and wear the dark toned outfits then altogether with my AO, I look like a 12 year old playing dress up in my older sister's clothes

creating this kind of impression, gives people more angst than any other. If we are going to be 12 then be 12. 12 going on 18 makes parcel owners reach for their parcel banhammer

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Emily Nova said:

Yes, since I don't see your avatar inworld, the picture you have on your forum.

Thank you, that was actually what I was looking to get close to, age wise back then.. That one is long since gone now though.. Ironically,she just got old and needed a new look.. hehehehe

I have a bunch of different ones but this is the one I'm using right now.

Snapshot_055.thumb.png.87c863e85abdae2a8cbbd3d6f1eac550.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

when I change to my pink avatar and wear the dark toned outfits then altogether with my AO, I look like a 12 year old playing dress up in my older sister's clothes

creating this kind of impression, gives people more angst than any other. If we are going to be 12 then be 12. 12 going on 18 makes parcel owners reach for their parcel banhammer

Sorry, with the pictures you shown you just look like someone's mom wearing youthful clothing that younger kids wore when she was their age. You just look like you had a nostalgic moment and was like "I miss those days, no one's around let me just put this on."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Thank you, that was actually what I was looking to get close to, age wise back then.. That one is long since gone now though.. Ironically,she just got old and needed a new look.. hehehehe

I have a bunch of different ones but this is the one I'm using right now.

Snapshot_055.thumb.png.87c863e85abdae2a8cbbd3d6f1eac550.png

I don't think you'll see it at first but you look like a young dark skinned version of Beyonce in the face mixed with Lauren Hill

You look about 22 years old

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StarlanderGoods said:

OP looks underage, Ceka looks young, like early/mid 20s

I look pretty damn good for having three kids, Boys non the less, Right?! \o/

It's all them damn smoothies, Juicing and stir fry, I tell ya!

LOL

Sorry, I'm just getting in a really goofy mood tonight.. hehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Emily Nova said:

I don't think you'll see it at first but you look like a young dark skinned version of Beyonce in the face mixed with Lauren Hill

You look about 22 years old

They are a little more well known  by people and may be why that is seen  more than where my inspirations came from. Still it is a very nice compliment I love them too, thank you :)

There is a little, Chaka Khan in there and some Leela James and a few others that I really love.. 

I think exposure to things has a huge amount to do with many things, even guessing ages.. I mean  there can be averages we take into account , but then again just look at women from Asia.. Many are in their 20's and look like they are still in middle school.. Many averages in some places are not the same as in others..

You avatar may look like they are in their 30's to them over there.. hehehe

I just think if you are happy with how you look and some places don't want you there.. Collect the many places you can find that do and let those other places enjoy their loss from what you may have brought to their community.. There are bigger fish in the sea to fry.. ( That was my collab of a few old sayings to make them mine now).

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They are a little more well known  by people and may be why that is seen  more than where my inspirations came from. Still it is a very nice compliment I love them too, thank you :)

There is a little, Chaka Khan in there and some Leela James and a few others that I really love.. 

I think exposure to things has a huge amount to do with many things, even guessing ages.. I mean  there can be averages we take into account , but then again just look at women from Asia.. Many are in their 20's and look like they are still in middle school.. Many averages in some places are not the same as in others..

You avatar may look like they are in their 30's to them over there.. hehehe

I just think if you are happy with how you look and some places don't want you there.. Collect the many places you can find that do and let those other places enjoy their loss from what you may have brought to their community.. There are bigger fish in the sea to fry.. ( That was my collab of a few old sayings to make them mine now).

K, same face and skin, but with make-up on and different hair. 

16092ab1765311f66ed9f3756b3bd314.png

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.