Spicy! Just Because.

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Getchu some goth friends, girl! 😄 That style's a favorite of mine, as well. Oddly, I've seen it more in RL than in SL. SL is seriously lacking in the elegant goth fashion department, hmpf.

Yes, I should get some goth/vampire friends, indeed!

Edited by Amelia Mitchell
Typo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Amelia Mitchell said:

Yes, I should get some goth/vampire friends, indeed!

If you're into real-life nightlife and/or the club scene, you should find plenty dressed like that at the right clubs (depending on your location, of course!). Anywhere hosting a "Darkwave" or "Goth/Industrial" event draws em right out, lmao. All ages, too. I've seen some finnne looking older men strutting around in velvet, even, wooo. Wait... what were we talking about again? 🤣

1 minute ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I'd wear more goth but I haven't found a whole lot for Maitreya.

This is a toughie, yeah. I've resorted to piecing outfits together bit by bit from lots of different stores. I remember back in the day when flexi was a thing (omg, going way back here), it was so much easier to find! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

If you're into real-life nightlife and/or the club scene, you should find plenty dressed like that at the right clubs (depending on your location, of course!). Anywhere hosting a "Darkwave" or "Goth/Industrial" event draws em right out, lmao. All ages, too. I've seen some finnne looking older men strutting around in velvet, even, wooo. Wait... what were we talking about again? 🤣

This is a toughie, yeah. I've resorted to piecing outfits together bit by bit from lots of different stores. I remember back in the day when flexi was a thing (omg, going way back here), it was so much easier to find! 

Also, looking for "vampire" without tons of hits for BL and things that look right out of Twilight" has been a challenge. Like you, I've been piecing things together from conventional outfits that have a gothic/vampire feel.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Well,  not much into RL- nightlife or club scene actually, and the odds of spotting a guy walking his dog or at the grocery store dressed in "interview with the vampire" style are quite slim (Lol, this is a rather small town and the mere idea is making me laugh out loud as I write) Boy, that'd be the highlight of the year over here!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Just an FYI, this is NOT the adult section of the forums. Nudity is not permitted anywhere but there. There is a thread there just for tasteful nude where this would fit in well. 

Butts have always been allowed here and in the How Does Your Avatar Look Today thread. Apparently that is not considered nudity.  Just skim the many pages of the other thread.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

That may be the case, but we did get clarification about nudity on the forums. I just dont want to see anyone get smacked for the new guidelines. 

We specifically asked them about butts and nudity before.  Butts apparently are consider General material.

@Tommy Linden- Please clarify if butts are now only allowed in the Adult section, since they are all over the How Does Your Avatar Look Today thread and even in this thread.  The prior rules about nudity in the General sections simply meant no nipples and no genitals.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We specifically asked them about butts and nudity before.  Butts apparently are consider General material.

@Tommy Linden- Please clarify if butts are now only allowed in the Adult section, since they are all over the How Does Your Avatar Look Today thread and even in this thread.  The prior rules about nudity in the General sections simply meant no nipples and no genitals.

That was before they changed the guidelines. 

Specifically: No Nudity or Adult Content: All content posted on the Second Life Forums must be rated “General” per our Maturity Ratings. Keep in mind, this does not include content posted specifically in the “Adult Content Forum” section.

Bare butts are nude.  I wouldn't tell people that bare butts are ok without definitive statements from LL employees. 

I am going to err on the side of caution. If its covered at the beach I will only post that in the Adult section. 

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

That was before they changed the guidelines. 

Specifically: No Nudity or Adult Content: All content posted on the Second Life Forums must be rated “General” per our Maturity Ratings. Keep in mind, this does not include content posted specifically in the “Adult Content Forum” section.

Bare butts are nude.  I wouldn't tell people that bare butts are ok without definitive statements from LL employees. 

I am going to err on the side of caution. If its covered at the beach I will only post that in the Adult section. 

All I was saying was that the OLD rules said:  
All content posted on the Second Life Forums must be rated “General” per our Maturity Ratings.

Yet, we were allowed to post nude butts, which originally probably came about because of thong bathing suit bottoms that people were wearing in pictures and that you can see everywhere in RL, including prime time TV.   

Heck, just look at the first picture in the second page of this thread.  Despite their new rules, they haven't cleaned anything out that was already here.  Will be quite confusing to people that come along days/weeks/etc.. down the road and see nude butts  in the first 10 or so pages and then get told they cannot do the same.  If LL wants these threads to be 100% no nudity of any kind, then they will need to go through all of the pages of all picture threads and clean them out.

And I did ping Tommy for clarification.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

All I was saying was that the OLD rules said:  
All content posted on the Second Life Forums must be rated “General” per our Maturity Ratings.

Yet, we were allowed to post nude butts, which originally probably came about because of thong bathing suit bottoms that people were wearing in pictures and that you can see everywhere in RL, including prime time TV.   

Heck, just look at the first picture in the second page of this thread.  Despite their new rules, they haven't cleaned anything out that was already here.  Will be quite confusing to people that come along days/weeks/etc.. down the road and see nude butts  in the first 10 or so pages and then get told they cannot do the same.  If LL wants these threads to be 100% no nudity of any kind, then they will need to go through all of the pages of all picture threads and clean them out.

And I did ping Tommy for clarification.

They wouldn't need to delete anything from this thread. They could just move it to the Adult section. I wouldn't want to accidentally pull up a picture with lovely breasts or butt cheeks if I were at work.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I wouldn't want to accidentally pull up a picture with lovely breasts or butt cheeks if I were at work.

That chance has existed in not only this thread but the huge How does your avatar look today thread for a long time now.  There are butts and breasts (excluding nipples) all over that thread.

So yeah, if they want the threads in the General sections to be totally pure, they'll either need to move the existing picture threads or do some massive cleanup in them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Bare butts are not nude. It was also stated that no one is going to get banned or "slapped" if they somehow post something wrong. I think you are worrying way too much about this. If it ok before, it's ok now. The only rule that changed was for the adult section of the forum related to nudity.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Bare butts are not nude. It was also stated that no one is going to get banned or "slapped" if they somehow post something wrong. I think you are worrying way too much about this. If it ok before, it's ok now. The only rule that changed was for the adult section of the forum related to nudity.

If there isnt clothing on it, its nude... How could you possibly say a bare body part isnt nude? Thats like the definition of nude. 

Just because something WAS ok, does not mean it still is under the new guidelines. Nudity and adult content is NOW allowed only in the adult section. 

"All content posted on the Second Life Forums must be rated “General” per our Maturity Ratings."

A bare butt isnt General. Its Mature. You cant show a bare butt on a G sim. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

How could you possibly say a bare body part isnt nude?

I think it's more of an 'everyone has a butt" so it's not necessarily a sexual part of the body in regards to pictures.  Men can show nipples, women can't because they're often considered 'sexual'.   A butt is a butt is a butt.

8 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

How could you possibly say a bare body part isnt nude? Thats like the definition of nude. 

Yes, a bare body part is nude.  If that is the only thing taken into account, nobody could post any picture that is showing any skin -- arms, legs, hands, feet, face, etc.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, a bare body part is nude.  If that is the only thing taken into account, nobody could post any picture that is showing any skin -- arms, legs, hands, feet, face, etc.....

Ok.. A bare butt isn't considered General content. It is considered Nudity. According to the MP guidelines you cant show any nudity in G or M settings, it must be set to adult.  The new forum guidelines also say nudity is only allowed in the Adult section. Perhaps they just haven't started cleaning up or moving older threads yet. Or posts made before the new guidelines are grandfathered in, but new posts must be in the correct section. 

Why is it such an issue to be proactive about this? Why are you so dead set that things will stay the same even though there are new rules? 

• Like 1

Why not let's make a thread where we can discuss the artistic value of exposed gluteal flesh and the socioeconomic impact it has on western civilization and the future on the free world and if it actually has a hand in global warming ("Mmm, butts are HOT!") and if the gravity will affect space exploration/travel and does Elon Musk have a method of harnessing the energy from the jiggle to power a small light that showcases the fleshy globes?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1