Premium Plus and Linden Homes

Teresa Firelight
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

This is one of the problems with "benefits" likes these, they are poorly thought through.  Some things expire when you downgrade, some don't.  It gets confusing when there isn't clarification up front which is which before people pay up.  The other problem is when with a casual word someone can indicate that a "benefit" that has been paid for can be halted.  What is "becomes a problem" in this case?

''Becomes a problem'' in this case is if anyone is seen to be abusing the system, the Lindens at anytime under discretion will then halt said system, thereby making people who shelled out several hundred dollars for the new shiny thing angry as well.   Hence they are now selling a product that is now having caveats added to it less than 36 hours after the purchase.  Therefore anyone reading this you've now been warned ''buyer beware.'' 

Speaking of exploits they should take the time to fix the known exploit that exists on the website land page where you can pass houses back and forth between people if you know how to do it.  Time to report that bug to the JIRA as well since no one seems to have ever bothered.  That particular loophole should be fixed as well therefore making all roads to Linden Home acquisition fair and happy.

Edited by Aria Aurelia
Added the last part
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Teresa Firelight said:

if anything, it is a great solution for all those people believe that GOHers keep them from getting the house of their dreams. (It is not clear to me that the GOHers do that, since they rarely hang on to a place for more than a week or two...

Given this propensity towards house-hopping, will there be any cap on the number of times a PP+ can request a specific location, or any limit to how frequently they can do it? Because otherwise I can't see what's stopping people using this as a way to force-release desirable regions, not just to themselves and their PP+ friends but also their bog-standard premium alts/friends/customers.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

No one is forcing you to go to PP, premium or even use SL, use the program that suits you, and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.

If "what everyone else is doing" didn't affect others, it might be easier to ignore. I see Nika's point and think her question is valid. But I can also see why you might object to it, too. :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aria Aurelia said:

''Becomes a problem'' in this case is if anyone is seen to be abusing the system, the Lindens at anytime under discretion will then halt said system, thereby making people who shelled out several hundred dollars for the new shiny thing angry as well.  

This is part of the problem though, what one sees as abuse, another sees as a reasonable thing because they paid for it.  Who is reasonable and who isn't?  It's all very arbitrary.  When it "becomes a problem" is very far away from clearly stating that the behaviour is an abuse and suggests that it will be tolerated to a degree.  In light of how the gaming of Linden homes has already been tolerated, it isn't unreasonable to think that.

10 minutes ago, Aria Aurelia said:

Hence they are now selling a product that is now having caveats added to it less than 36 hours after the purchase.  Therefore anyone reading this you've now been warned ''buyer beware.'' 

Yes, indeed, buyer beware.  This could all have been foreseen and catered for in a clear fashion with a bit more thought, especially considering how much gaming of Linden homes has already occurred.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If "what everyone else is doing" didn't affect others, it might be easier to ignore. I see Nika's point and think her question is valid. But I can also see why you might object to it, too. :) 

How does it affect  anyone else if I pay for PP to upload a million textures this month, If I join a 100 groups, get a house then go back to premium?

I paid for it. The only entity this would affect is LL, and their bottom line. I would venture to guess that they will benefit from it because, if you got the house you wanted, then you are more likely to keep paying PP or premium depending on if you need the other benefits. If you are over the limit on group  you can no longer add till you get back under the limit, or go back to PP.

This has absolutely no affect on other people, everyone is free to choose what plan they want.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Yes, indeed, buyer beware.  This could all have been foreseen and catered for in a clear fashion with a bit more though, especially considering how much gaming of Linden homes has already occurred.

If they change the terms, I am also entitled to a refund, for any remaining unused time. LL benefits from GoH, it may of been an unintended benefit initially but lets not pretend they don't. If you want to play Goh, it requires multiple accounts,, multiple accounts means more money to LL. I do not begrudge them a dime of that. 

Edited by Sparkely Sugar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

This is part of the problem though, what one sees as abuse, another sees as a reasonable thing because they paid for it.  Who is reasonable and who isn't?  It's all very arbitrary.  When it "becomes a problem" is very far away from clearly stating that the behaviour is an abuse and suggests that it will be tolerated to a degree.  In light of how the gaming of Linden homes has already been tolerated, it isn't unreasonable to think that.

Yes, indeed, buyer beware.  This could all have been foreseen and catered for in a clear fashion with a bit more though, especially considering how much gaming of Linden homes has already occurred.

You haven't said anything that I don't disagree with here actually and I upgraded purely for the free texture uploads.   I'm currently quite happy with my current Linden Home and have been on that same house for over a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The whole subscription level, price cut, & benefits package issue is complicated and bound to be messy at first. I think everyone should take a buyer beware attitude with these options right now. That's why most of us would crunch the numbers before shelling out $ 250 for a new type of annual subscription. We already know at what price point regular Premium is an enjoyable benefit for us. Now we have to figure out at what price point Premium Plus might be. Linden Lab also seems like they might not have figured out yet what all the down sides of these offerings might be for platform performance or workload on their employees.

Imagine a big bunch of people now have 140 groups. What impact is this going to have on group performance? How many more groups are going to close their chat option and just have their members chat on Discord instead? If many users move to spending time on discord rather than inworld, will they also be spending less money on SL too?

At what point will Linden Lab limit the few Premium Plus subscribers from monopolizing the time of their employees? Should PP subscribers get twice as much support because they're paying 2.5 x more money than Premium subscribers, or should they 10 x as much support? What is workable and fair in these scenarios?

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

If they change the terms, I am also entitled to a refund, for any remaining unused time.

Users don't get to decide what we're entitled to. We are only entitled to what the legal agreements and TOS says we're entitled to having. People seem to think SL is a democracy in which we all vote on the forums. It's not. It's a privately owned digital platform or "game" for which we agree to rules and fees that are set by the owners.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I like the sentiment but I have my doubts that this would work with LL.

Why would you think so? I have gotten a refund in the past, and never had an issue. As long as it not frivolous and without merit, I have found them to be fair with this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Users don't get to decide what we're entitled to. We are only entitled to what the legal agreements and TOS says we're entitled to having. People seem to think SL is a democracy in which we all vote on the forums. It's not. It's a privately owned digital platform or "game" for which we agree to rules and fees that are set by the owners.

Actually that shiny new 800 number for customer service on premium plus may come in handy at some point.  It would of come in real handy last year around this time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

Why would you think so? I have gotten a refund in the past, and never had an issue. As long as it not frivolous and without merit, I have found them to be fair with this.

Me too, they have always worked with me & fairly over the years :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Monthly vs Annual

Personally I always get annual on my (and on my alts) Premium accounts. My intent is to hang on to my linden home for some time.

I cant really see why people pay monthly for a long term when there is such a huge price difference between monthly and annual.

I am not ready to go to premium plus at the moment, but when I do, it will be the annual plan. I believe $249 works out to $20.75 a month, which is WAY cheaper that the 29.99 that Premium Plus will cost once the special introductory pricing goes away. The annual saves me 9.24 a month or 110.88 annually.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Monthly vs Annual

Personally I always get annual on my (and on my alts) Premium accounts. My intent is to hang on to my linden home for some time.

I cant really see why people pay monthly for a long term when there is such a huge price difference between monthly and annual.

I am not ready to go to premium plus at the moment, but when I do, it will be the annual plan. I believe $249 works out to $20.75 a month, which is WAY cheaper that the 29.99 that Premium Plus will cost once the special introductory pricing goes away. The annual saves me 9.24 a month or 110.88 annually.

It has already gone away. The new monthly price is now $29.99/ month.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Not everyone has an extra $249+tax just lying around but they might have income coming in so they can afford the monthly amount.

It's the same with anything you buy. Poor people always end up paying more.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It has already gone away. The new monthly price is now $29.99/ month.

WOW! Really? If I hadn't been on the forum I never would have even known it was available at that price to begin with. Running a promotion for a special price for a mere days is insane.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Monthly vs Annual

Because some people do not have the financial security that others are fortunate enough to have.  By this I mean they may not have 250 dollars or even 100 dollars spare laying around at any one time.  Most people have mortgages, car payments, children, and other things to spend monthly wages on versus entertainment.  They however maybe able to afford the 12.00 dollars or 24.99 or 29.99 over the course of several months as a small luxury item.  Recession is a likely conclusion of what is about to hit the world over by the end of next year is my guess.

• Thanks 4

Just now, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Not everyone has an extra $249+tax just lying around but they might have income coming in so they can afford the monthly amount.

It's the same with anything you buy. Poor people  always end up paying more.

True. This is why I hate seeing such a big price difference between monthly, quarterly and annual pricing. It may seem fair to people who have plenty of money, but it is not fair to people who are struggling to make ends meet and still have a bit left over for entertainment.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I can also see why you might object to it, too. :) 

@Sylvia - Why might I object? People should get the service they pay for. If you're implying that I intend to over-utilize this concierge home service, I'm not. I have two victorian homes on my accounts with $500 tier since January 2020 - I don't intend to upgrade and lose that benefit for little more, unless my need for uploads increases drastically. I have no interest in any of these new themes - except for a Sakura that I randomly got last week. My favorites will always be the Victorians I have.

I do not enjoy moving from house to house, if I love my house, I am staying put. I do have friends who enjoy this tremendously, and that is great for them, I am happy for them and that they are enjoying SL, in the manner they choose to. I do enjoy landscaping and have been fortunate that many have hired me to do their LH as well as regions. I have no need for any more LH, unless it is a theme that I find interesting. All my homes, I have had for years.

All my homes, I have had for years, and do not intend to leave at this time, or in the foreseeable future.

Edited by Sparkely Sugar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

I do enjoy landscaping and have been fortunate that many have hired me to do their LH as well as regions. I have no need for any more LH, unless it is a theme that I find interesting. All my homes, I have had for years, and do not intend to leave at this time, or in the foreseeable future.

Good thing you enjoy it because you are VERY GOOD at it!

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You're right. It's still showing $24.99/ month for me too. I was referring to this thread.

I have read that thread and I think they are just seeing VAT or some other taxes being applied to the discounts.  In some countries there is a law that prices aimed at general consumers must be shown inclusive of taxes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Premium Plus name change option is achieved by submitting a support ticket.

There is a list to choose from, for last names, so that is fine. The problem is where the first and last name combination is already taken, you wont get the name change granted.

Is there a way we can check the availability of first and last name combination, before submitting a support ticket?

Edited by Jamie Marques
Typo
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.