Oh hell yes! -- Pet Delights!

The reason I came to this thread I had a Delight that i was going to post,before I seen the fun video.. hehehe

I went back to work for the first time since last April a year ago from being hurt at my old job.

It's so nice to be at a new job and a place that feels like such a better place to work.. The days are two hours longer, but we only have to work 4 days a week and have 3 day weekends every week.. Also they make you take a break every two hours, if you want one or not.. hehehe

It smells so much better there than my old job also, since they are making these really big wooden crates, rather than big machines running all the time and sprayers stinking up the whole building..

I don't think I've ever worked at a place where everyone  that I've talked to say's what a great place it is to work..

My last job it seemed like  if I would ask that to everyone , it would have been the opposite response.. I know I hated there too, but was there so long that it took a serious injury to break away from the mindset that I wouldn't find another.. it's easy to fall into that trap.. after almost 14 years, I have been kicking myself all week for not moving on sooner..

Now I'm enjoying my first of many 3 days weekends and hopefully many years  of working for such a  nice place..

It feels really good to be back out in the work force again..

Staying home I think was making me unhealthy.. Even my vision is getting better and not going blurry later in the day..

I'm so happy right now that I could keep typing for pages and page.. But I'll stop here.. hehehe

:D

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The reason I came to this thread I had a Delight that i was going to post,before I seen the fun video.. hehehe

I went back to work for the first time since last April a year ago from being hurt at my old job.

It's so nice to be at a new job and a place that feels like such a better place to work.. The days are two hours longer, but we only have to work 4 days a week and have 3 day weekends every week.. Also they make you take a break every two hours, if you want one or not.. hehehe

It smells so much better there than my old job also, since they are making these really big wooden crates, rather than big machines running all the time and sprayers stinking up the whole building..

I don't think I've ever worked at a place where everyone  that I've talked to say's what a great place it is to work..

My last job it seemed like  if I would ask that to everyone , it would have been the opposite response.. I know I hated there too, but was there so long that it took a serious injury to break away from the mindset that I wouldn't find another.. it's easy to fall into that trap.. after almost 14 years, I have been kicking myself all week for not moving on sooner..

Now I'm enjoying my first of many 3 days weekends and hopefully many years  of working for such a  nice place..

It feels really good to be back out in the work force again..

Staying home I think was making me unhealthy.. Even my vision is getting better and not going blurry later in the day..

I'm so happy right now that I could keep typing for pages and page.. But I'll stop here.. hehehe

:D

Congratulations!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My eyes are finally starting to work as they should again, for the past several weeks I could barely look at my computer screen without everything getting blurry.  It was pretty scary, but I can't afford to see a doctor so I had to just deal with it and hope it would clear up.  I'm not sure what was causing it, but they were drying up like crazy and all gunky.  They didn't hurt though, and were not really red so I don't think it was pink eye.  Mostly it just impacted me when playing on the computer.

I think it might have been the latest variant of covid, but then it could have just been allergies as well, although I have never experienced eye problems due to allergies and from what I have read the latest variant has been causing people eye issues.  The last time I had covid, the symptoms were entirely different though, having an elevated resting heart rate in the 90s to 100s for a several weeks was pretty scary as well, not to mention palpitations. That too subsided with time and it is back to being in the 60s thankfully.

So I am very happy and relieved that I can now look at my computer screen again for longer periods of time.  I was terrified this was permanent and it would only get worse.  I'm still not at 100% but it is so much better than it was, and I haven't had to use eye drops for the past few days.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Istelathis said:

My eyes are finally starting to work as they should again, for the past several weeks I could barely look at my computer screen without everything getting blurry.  It was pretty scary, but I can't afford to see a doctor so I had to just deal with it and hope it would clear up.  I'm not sure what was causing it, but they were drying up like crazy and all gunky.  They didn't hurt though, and were not really red so I don't think it was pink eye.  Mostly it just impacted me when playing on the computer.

I think it might have been the latest variant of covid, but then it could have just been allergies as well, although I have never experienced eye problems due to allergies and from what I have read the latest variant has been causing people eye issues.  The last time I had covid, the symptoms were entirely different though, having an elevated resting heart rate in the 90s to 100s for a several weeks was pretty scary as well, not to mention palpitations. That too subsided with time and it is back to being in the 60s thankfully.

So I am very happy and relieved that I can now look at my computer screen again for longer periods of time.  I was terrified this was permanent and it would only get worse.  I'm still not at 100% but it is so much better than it was, and I haven't had to use eye drops for the past few days.

Glad you are doing better!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Delight: I got a few parser Schemas working this weekend, including "statement blocks" and "DECLARE x AS type" => LSL "type x;".

..and figured out a strawman plan for GOSUB/RETURN within a single function.

I've no idea what you are delighted about, (and please don't try to explain) but I'm happy that it made you happy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We installed a new shower dual shower head system in our other house in town. I tested it out on the way home from work today..

It wasn't that expensive, but it claimed to be therapeutic water massage system, so I had to try it out..

I'll say this much.. I love the shower system we have in our home we live in more that any other I've came across, but for around 70.00, this Waterpik Power pulse that we picked out for the newer house is a lot of bang for the buck..

When you put it on the massage setting and run it up your spine, omg for the money, you cannot beat it.. I was really surprised to get such a nice massage from something at that low of a price..

I know it may seem silly that I'm typing this up in here, but it was really that good and figured if anyone had any aches and pains in here, which I'm sure there is.. You won't regret the feeling it leaves you with once you are getting out of the shower.. I took the wand and put it on my hip that still aches from time to time,  it beat the hell out of that knot in there.. hehehehe

It's my Friday and I'm back logged on posting, so I figured why not start with a little good sharing..:D

Seriously, it really worked so nice..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Pet Delight:

Love 4 day weeks and 3 day weekends.. I have to say  I really love this new job.. It's only Tuesday and tomorrow is my Thursday already.. hehehee

Even better is, the weekend after next , instead of getting a 3 day weekend for the holiday,  which is what i get every weekend, I get a 4 day weekend instead..

I'm waiting for the come around of bad that is going to happen, because this feels too good to be true.. hehehehe

Usually when I enjoy a job something comes along to ruin it.. I'm only at 85% enjoyment because of my leery side.. LOL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Today is my fourth Rezday, I just found out because I received an email from LL This is the first time that I am aware of that I have received the email, and was completely unaware that it is my birthday.  So, I get to eat some cake, make a wish, spoil myself, and get presents.  

I'm not sure why this makes me happy, but for some reasons it made me feel appreciated even if it is automated.

Some stats I found interesting:

Here's what you've achieved in the past year*:

Your Milestones
Average Resident
Region(s) visited
Regions visited
Teleport(s)
Teleports

60 day(s)
Longest streak logged in
3 days
Longest streak logged in

Here is the cake I received 😊🙃

rezday.gif.0112851db25eab52419b6ccbad4025c0.gif

The cake looks delicious 😋😍

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Today is my fourth Rezday, I just found out because I received an email from LL This is the first time that I am aware of that I have received the email, and was completely unaware that it is my birthday.  So, I get to eat some cake, make a wish, spoil myself, and get presents.  

I'm not sure why this makes me happy, but for some reasons it made me feel appreciated even if it is automated.

Some stats I found interesting:

Here is the cake I received 😊🙃

rezday.gif.0112851db25eab52419b6ccbad4025c0.gif

The cake looks delicious 😋😍

Happy Rezday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rezdays are awesome, I celebrated my sister's last week. I hadn't even realized she was younger than I am. XD

Oh, and a Pet Delight: This tiny handful of people I have in my SL who actually bothered taking the time to get to know me and still like me enough to give a darn about me.

Real friends are the best thing in the world.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

what the hell! i better get a damn cake when i turn 19. 

I got one of these years ago -- it is from LL  Each year, when I rezzed it, it would display the number of years, but it hasn't done that for a few years now.  It is just a generic Happy Rez Day.  Not sure if the design itself still changes each year or not.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Second-Life-Rez-Day-Cake/3709700

This is what it looks like when rezzed today:

image.png.bcc7f7e83489265cac22c2150c495c11.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

So two weeks ago Spawnage got her restricted driver's license - simply put, she can't drive from 10pm-6 or 7am or carry passengers until she sits and passes her full license test...in 2yrs time.

*insert teary "my baby" moment here*

So the "delight" part comes from no longer having to do the to and from work run anymore (she got a dispensation allowing her to drive home after 10pm) just in time for the cold, wet winter season!

• Like 7

Pet Delight: Progress on my Parser, currently working on BASIC-to-LSL.

Only a few Schemas  left to create before I tackle "advanced features", things that you can't normally do in LSL.

Like:

- "NEXT X" in a for(x..) loop or even in a nested loop.

- "CONTINUE" to go to the end or a for(), do..while() or while() loop

- "EXIT FOR", "EXIT DO", "EXIT WHILE" to exit a loop..

- Asynchronous calls, where you make an llFunction() call, the code exits and the event (like timer(), etc.) comes back to the next line of code.

It feels good to make this kind of progress!

• Like 1

Pet delight: I was looking forward to a 4day weekend after work tomorrow.. But in the last half hour of work they told us, Don't come back until tuesday, you have tomorrow off as well..

So we have a 5 day weekend off..  I swear  this is the most laid back place I've ever worked for.. I'm never leaving.. hehehe

• Like 4