house hunting and 24hr limit

Nafoute

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, karynmaria said:

No you can't bypass it.  You could get yourself another premium account.  That is about it.  

Yep that's what I did. I have  three alts in rotation, now you know that's just sad but that's how addictive it is when you playing game of homes LOL!😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, CalypsoJewel said:

It would be nice if it wouldn't use a try when you get a house you'd already gotten that session.

There are ways to prevent it. Look at your teleport history. When the home(s) you have abandoned are named Linden Home, they are in the queue and you may get it. No, you will get it back unless someone abandon a house just the same time.

When it has changed name, then it is time to try again. A few people actually name their house "Linden Home", but they are so few that it isn't so much of a problem. You can also teleport back and click on the ground to see if it is owned by another than Govenor Linden.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

There are ways to prevent it. Look at your teleport history. When the home(s) you have abandoned are named Linden Home, they are in the queue and you may get it. No, you will get it back unless someone abandon a house just the same time.

When it has changed name, then it is time to try again. A few people actually name their house "Linden Home", but they are so few that it isn't so much of a problem. You can also teleport back and click on the ground to see if it is owned by another than Govenor Linden.

Yeah, this is what I do, but when you've 3 houses to watch it gets a bit tiring. I always check a house if I see it as "Linden Home" for too long.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Do you mean it will change from what I had to a new name within my TP history? 

21 hours ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

Do you mean it will change from what I had to a new name within my TP history? 

Yes, that's the easiest way to keep track. My alt landed a Newbrooke in Saraellen. I thought I had caught and released the same place 3 times already, however, it was different parcels in the same region. Today, the fourth time was the charm. lol

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2022 at 5:44 PM, Marianne Little said:

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for that tip,👍👍👍 I was just about to create a new post on that very subject.
One thing I did find. It wasn't until I looked on the map from the link that I could see the name change. I was, perhaps stupidly, expecting the name change on the landmark history itself.

• Like 2

What if we had 3 selections of homes, and then a 60 minutes timeout from the game?

Would you prefer that?

I am unsure myself. I would like to get rid of the 24 hour timeout. But only 3 trials when we try to get a house that someone announce they give up? Uh-oh.... Or maybe 1 try? Eeek! But it would mean that we could spread it out over a day, and overall more selections.

Would it increase the strain on the land page? @Patch Linden @Abnor Mole

Edited by Marianne Little
added a bit more questions
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/18/2022 at 7:29 AM, Johnny Giotto said:

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for that tip,👍👍👍 I was just about to create a new post on that very subject.
One thing I did find. It wasn't until I looked on the map from the link that I could see the name change. I was, perhaps stupidly, expecting the name change on the landmark history itself.

It does change on the landmark history (at least on the official viewer). That's how I confirm that a parcel has changed hands unless they are sneaky and name the parcel Linden Home.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Everyone wants a nice spot. That's one of the reasons why there is a limit. In fact, if there wasn't a limit you'd have less chance of getting a nice spot. :)

You are definitely right about that 🙂👍
Would it be such a bad idea to include a map reference to the available properties?
This would avoid a lot of people, who do not realise you can see it in your landmark history, of taking a property and then release it when they realise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

It does change on the landmark history (at least on the official viewer). That's how I confirm that a parcel has changed hands unless they are sneaky and name the parcel Linden Home.

Thanks Marisa, I may have been using Firestorm for my alt. I use the main viewer for Mr Giotto. I will test it again 👍

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Johnny Giotto said:

Thanks Marisa, I may have been using Firestorm for my alt. I use the main viewer for Mr Giotto. I will test it again 👍

In Firestorm, I use the TP history - the list of TPs will show what *you* had named the parcel, but if you place your mouse over the entry an arrow appears on the right; click that to see whether the parcel is now designated Linden Home or if it has been claimed by someone else.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

In Firestorm, I use the TP history - the list of TPs will show what *you* had named the parcel, but if you place your mouse over the entry an arrow appears on the right; click that to see whether the parcel is now designated Linden Home or if it has been claimed by someone else.

Thanks for that Frigga 🙂👍

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 10:11 AM, Marianne Little said:

What if we had 3 selections of homes, and then a 60 minutes timeout from the game?

Would you prefer that?

I am unsure myself. I would like to get rid of the 24 hour timeout. But only 3 trials when we try to get a house that someone announce they give up? Uh-oh.... Or maybe 1 try? Eeek! But it would mean that we could spread it out over a day, and overall more selections.

Would it increase the strain on the land page? @Patch Linden @Abnor Mole

I think the limit is fine, provided that 2 new features were implemented;

1) You can't get the same parcel back that you already released within the past 24 hours. (Or you can, but it won't count to your 5 tries limit).

2) The website shows how many there are in the queue for each particular type. If there is only one, you know not to waste tries by trying again.

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, Karl Herber said:

1) You can't get the same parcel back that you already released within the past 24 hours. (Or you can, but it won't count to your 5 tries limit).

2) The website shows how many there are in the queue for each particular type. If there is only one, you know not to waste tries by trying again.

YES to both suggestions!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Karl Herber said:

Also YES to both suggestions.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Karl Herber said:

I've opened a feature request on the Jira for this. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-232237 and I also included @Persephone Emerald's suggestion to move newly abandoned homes to the bottom of the queue instead of the top, because I think that is an awesome idea too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.