Ageplayer got into my parcel.

ValentinVulpes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey there peeps.

I was asleep and logged in as I often do..

I woke up to an IM "xxx: WTF O.O
[06:51]xxx: I thought this wasn't allowed?
[08:31] The Valediction (valentinvulpes): Huh?
[08:31] Second Life: User not online - message will be stored and delivered later.
[08:32] The Valediction (valentinvulpes): oh fs
[08:32] Second Life: User not online - message will be stored and delivered later."

Then checked my nearby chat, I have it notify me when someone enters draw/chat range for that reason...

And it turns out some account with an ageplaying avatar as their profile picture teleported atop of me, along with a few other people, and did god know what with my avatar that was sat on a bed..

Is there anything I can do to protect my rear from getting banned from this? I know I'm taking other precautions to make sure this doesn't happen in the future at the very least.

My Sim's Covenant does not allow entry lists.

20 answers to this question

Just now, ValentinVulpes said:

Well, that's all well and good, but it already happened, as I said, I'll be taking measures to make sure this doesn't happen in the future. I'm asking what I can do now, to prevent what might've been a potential report already.

Nothing .. Opening a support ticket might help - https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/home

• Like 1

The only REAL privacy in SL is owning or renting a whole stand alone region where YOU have control.

You can move to an area where white lists are possible. This if you feel you must leave your avatar on to sleep. 

You could if you wanted put an invisible cube over your house when you log off.  It's a hassle though. 

1 hour ago, ValentinVulpes said:

Well, that's all well and good, but it already happened, as I said, I'll be taking measures to make sure this doesn't happen in the future. I'm asking what I can do now, to prevent what might've been a potential report already.

Nothing.

Linden Lab have God powers and can see what was really going on, and how much (or little) participation your avatar was making at the time of you being away from keyboard. They can see you didn't engage in chat or activity, even if the intruders were to set you up as part of an incriminating screenshot.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ValentinVulpes said:

I'm asking what I can do now, to prevent what might've been a potential report already.

There is nothing you can do now.  However, the very fact that this happened earlier this morning (based on timestamp of the posted chat) implies** that nobody submitted an AR at that time.  LL watches those types of ARs very carefully and bans very swiftly if they deem inappropriate actions have happened.

** implies, but does not guarantee

• Like 1

I'd like to have "can't sit without an unobstructed line of sight from avatar to sit object" enforced by the server. Just do a ray cast before each sit. Then you couldn't get into places by camming through a wall and sitting. So doors and walls would be effective obstacles. Then just set the TP destination for your parcel to outside your front door, so new arrivals appear outside, and you should be good.

Maybe just turn this on for parcels with "can't cam in and see avatars" turned on.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, ValentinVulpes said:

some account with an ageplaying avatar as their profile picture

father and kid roleplay?
mother and kid roleplay?
family roleplay?
kid roleplay? 
your words could mean a lot, also things that aren't bad ageplaying at all ( doesn't mean you líke it, but is allowed in many forms).

• Like 1

Sorry something like that happened to you. Now, first, find a place where you can have a security system and/or white list. Second, why would you remain logged in while you sleep in RL? That's something I can't understand but nevermind, your choice. It's however the best way to have your avatar abused as you can only control its interactions with others when you, i.e. the real you in RL, are wide awake and playing SL – and even that has its limitations.

Edited by EmmaAsht0n
Grammar is sexy. lol
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

There are many reasons one might want to stay logged while going AFK for an "extended" period of time.

One of mine is to see what has been said in my many group chats.

Well, you and I obviously don't attach the same importance to SL.

You could buy a orb to keep people out of your house. If the person did what they did to you and you don't know about it, they are not going to report themselves they would get in trouble.So do not worry about this but do buy a security Orb and put it up. That way if they pop in the will be ejected right away from your place. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.