Regions off and not coming back

ardails

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just woke up today in the morning and discovered that almost all regions are oflline, I just was assuming that is because the usual weekly rolling restart but the regions still keep offline and not only this, all of them have been like this for several hours and I'm getting kinda a little nervous... I just wanted to start the day doing my usual Linden Realm and the Paleo quests but both them are offline.

Any idea of what's happening now?

Despite the inconvenience we experience once in a while, when the restarts take longer than expected and an occasional more noticeable glitch, it is much less painful compared to what I recall about 12-15 years ago, when development was being done at neck breaking speeds, and the weekly rolling restarts would always bring new easter eggs. It was a constant game of "what else new will break this week"? Anyone remembers completing a teleport with everything shoved up your a**? :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Rolling Restarts for Second Life Main Channel
Scheduled Maintenance Report for Second Life

Update
We are aware rolling restarts are taking longer than normal, and we are working to bring these regions back online as quickly as possible. We thank you for your patience! Please follow this blog for further updates.

https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io/incidents/lxk0hk248g0k

• Like 1

Just now, Lewis Luminos said:

Looks like this is a good day for me to be going out, I'm off to a Burns Night Supper this evening.

Haggis, neeps and tatties served with a rich whisky sauce (aka "neat Scotch").

Hope when you get to your real life event, the doors to the venue are not locked, with sack of uncooked 'tatties' leaning against it with a note attached, saying...sorry 'Burns Night Supper is delayed due to a rolling restart.....we will keep you updated.......in the meantime feel free to help us by peeling the spuds'

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, JordonBanks said:

Hope when you get to your real life event, the doors to the venue are not locked, with sack of uncooked 'tatties' leaning against it with a note attached, saying...sorry 'Burns Night Supper is delayed due to a rolling restart.....we will keep you updated.......in the meantime feel free to help us by peeling the spuds'

Food was fabulous (though service was a little on the slow side) and we didn't need to peel the spuds. Sadly the range of whiskies available was just the mainstream ones so I opened my bottle of Aberlour Single Cask when I got home. I've been saving it for a "special occasion" and Burns Night seems special enough. 

Ye Pow'rs, wha mak mankind your care,
And dish them out their bill o fare,
Auld Scotland wants nae skinking ware
That jaups in luggies:
But, if ye wish her gratefu prayer,
Gie her a Haggis

Rough translation "Oi, you gods up there who feed the people, us Scots don't want no sloppy stuff that sloshes in little bowls, if you want our thanks, give us haggis"

This is from Robbie Burns' poem "Address to a haggis". there are some other verses that deliver sound insults to French and Italian cuisine (the sloppy stuff).

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Food was fabulous (though service was a little on the slow side) and we didn't need to peel the spuds. Sadly the range of whiskies available was just the mainstream ones so I opened my bottle of Aberlour Single Cask when I got home. I've been saving it for a "special occasion" and Burns Night seems special enough. 

Rough translation "Oi, you gods up there who feed the people, us Scots don't want no sloppy stuff that sloshes in little bowls, if you want our thanks, give us haggis"

This is from Robbie Burns' poem "Address to a haggis". there are some other verses that deliver sound insults to French and Italian cuisine (the sloppy stuff).

Good to hear you had a good Burns Night in the real world...without any need for restarts.....:)

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.