disconnection

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

I've always thought that my entire online existence can disappear at any moment.
Stop and think about it for a moment, please.
Are you aware that everything you put online from day one no longer belongs to you?
And that could disappear anyway from one day to the next?
That you actually have no control?

Real life is transient too. How many real lives have been forgotten? How many books? How many artistic creations? 

We can never ultimately control how or if we will be remembered, but even so we can have an impact on other people's lives. A kind word or helping hand vs. a cruel one or devastating blow could ultimately make a difference of life or death to someone life and then go on to affect others who pass through their life as well. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 9

On 1/24/2022 at 7:21 PM, Silent Mistwalker said:

main-qimg-7e64282385fdf9c03186e8cdfa5ae0

I consider a person who keeps his precious photos only on FB a fool and makes me laugh at her stupidity. It will have served as a lesson. I reserve compassion and empathy for more important problems and not for blatant stupidity.😗

8 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

I consider a person who keeps his precious photos only on FB a fool and makes me laugh at her stupidity. It will have served as a lesson. I reserve compassion and empathy for more important problems and not for blatant stupidity.😗

Yes, we know you laugh at other people's pain. It's how we know you do not have empathy or compassion.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Yes, we know you laugh at other people's pain. It's how we know you do not have empathy or compassion.

I think you are too into the character you play in an online game.
Or maybe I'm the one who doesn't understand that many users here think real life doesn't matter.
However, I am always very fascinated, sometimes even amused.

2 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

I think you are too into the character you play in an online game.
Or maybe I'm the one who doesn't understand that many users here think real life doesn't matter.
However, I am always very fascinated, sometimes even amused.

Thank you for showing you have no knowledge of the real person behind this account.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2022 at 1:40 AM, Rat Luv said:

I was going to do a thread called 'MySpace memories' but I didn't think anyone here would be interested...but yes, I remember those days, I actually miss them a lot...

Also, I was quite foolish and deleted my SL account around 2015, but though it got reinstated, I pretty much lost all my inventory, including rare one off items that I made and that others made for me 😐

I'm missing Friends Reunited - I wish I'd taken screenshots when I had the chance. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Thank you for showing you have no knowledge of the real person behind this account.

OMG why i should? You don't even have an "about me" in your profile.
Do you know how adult people who don't know each other interact with each other?

6 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

OMG why i should? You don't even have an "about me" in your profile.
Do you know how adult people who don't know each other interact with each other?

This account is an alt so people can't harass me inworld. It doesn't need an "About Me" as its main purpose is for pose setting and photography prop.

If you can't learn what people are like without reading a profile how do you manage to interact with people in the real world?

Don't bother to answer. I won't be reading your replies.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

This account is an alt so people can't harass me inworld. It doesn't need an "About Me" as its main purpose is for pose setting and photography prop.

If you can't learn what people are like without reading a profile how do you manage to interact with people in the real world?

Don't bother to answer. I won't be reading your replies.

So you are present in this forum with an alt of little importance.
And you also expect me to know everything about you after maybe we exchanged two or three sentences over the span of two months.
But you pretend to know me to the point of being able to take the confidence to judge and insult me for free.
You are a very strange character.
However, I am not afraid to present myself for who I am even though I know that there are people ready to judge according to how their brain turns, showing zero awareness of what they do.

• Haha 2

In a way, not taking part in the internet, turns you into a ghost to all the netizens of the world. Within the boundaries of society today online existence is important to those who take part in it. The person not on Facebook is the hermit sitting alone on the beach. 

46 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Oh ffs. Go harass someone else. Your constant attempts to try to make me look like a POS only serve to show people your true colors.

Have a nice life.

I like Sam1, Alwin, even Rowan and many others in the pack. I'm serious.
It doesn't matter to me what problems you have in your life. But you are behaving in a disqualifying manner.

Don't behave like this, there is no reason. I'm not going to be aggressive with you.
We have our problems in real life but we don't have to take them out on us, it doesn't make sense to do that.
If you want we are friends if you don't want it we are not. But there's no need to hate us, it doesn't make sense.

Edited by Tama Suki

1 hour ago, Tama Suki said:

to judge and insult me for free.

But, but...you judge and insult almost everyone.  

One can get a sense of someone's character/attitude by paying attention to the tone used here in the forums.  Without knowing anything more about the person, without reading any blurb in a profile, without any other interaction.  The tone in which something is said often conveys more than the words used to say it.

Your tone is more often than not, demeaning or insulting especially when someone disagrees with you. 

If one finds themselves constantly being the recipient of negative comments, perhaps it's not all of them but something YOU are doing.  Food for thought.

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

But, but...you judge and insult almost everyone.  

One can get a sense of someone's character/attitude by paying attention to the tone used here in the forums.  Without knowing anything more about the person, without reading any blurb in a profile, without any other interaction.  The tone in which something is said often conveys more than the words used to say it.

Your tone is more often than not, demeaning or insulting especially when someone disagrees with you. 

If one finds themselves constantly being the recipient of negative comments, perhaps it's not all of them but something YOU are doing.  Food for thought.

What you Rowan are doing is called character assassination.
The dynamic in which you move is very well known and studied in many areas.
Don't think you're smarter than anyone else in this forum.
If you want to play this game, that's fine by me, let's have fun. I know these situations very well, I am a veteran WT noob.
But I feel extreme discomfort when I see people with real problems being used to play this game.

8 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

What you Rowan are doing is called character assassination.
The dynamic in which you move is very well known and studied in many areas.
Don't think you're smarter than anyone else in this forum.
If you want to play this game, that's fine by me, let's have fun. I know these situations very well, I am a veteran WT noob.
But I feel extreme discomfort when I see people with real problems being used to play this game.

Tama, I say this very genuinely out of concern for you.

I think you need to ask yourself why every thread you begin ends this way -- with bickering and insult-tossing. Yes, there is a fair amount of that here always, in other threads -- but you seem to be especially accomplished at laying waste to threads that should be reasonably unproblematic.

You assert in another recent post elsewhere that you "have no friends." I'm not sure if that's intended to be a boast or a lament, but if it's the latter, maybe some reflection upon your own behaviour here is in order?

It really and truly doesn't need to be this way. It's fixable. You can fix it.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think you need to ask yourself why every thread you begin ends this way -- with bickering and insult-tossing. Yes, there is a fair amount of that here always, in other threads -- but you seem to be especially accomplished at laying waste to threads that should be reasonably unproblematic.

You assert in another recent post elsewhere that you "have no friends." I'm not sure if that's intended to be a boast or a lament, but if it's the latter, maybe some reflection upon your own behaviour here is in order?

Are you the one who thinks to be an artist using SL's photographic tool?
Sorry sometimes I confuse avatars.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And, I guess the reply says it all.  

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.